News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Oil Cooler Mounting advice

Started by Grin-a-lot, 20, January, 2011, 02:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

I'll be mounting an oil cooler and associated bits in the next few weeks, the most likely spot is a cross-member behind the radiator.

I'm not very good at fabricating brackets/mounts and don't want to drill through the frame really.

Does anyone have any ideas of ways to mount a cooler or places that I can by appropriate mounting systems?

David H

Drill a Rivnut into the frame/chassis and screw in a rubber mount... available from Merlin if I did't give you one.

You'll have to screw into the chassis somewhere unless you use a bracket attached to the rad.

Daley Down Under

What about those metal cable ties (used to secure heat wrap on exhausty manifolds)?  Could wrap them round the chassis and the oil cooler

'Mendip Wurzel'

A lot of my car is held together with cable ties, I put two extra fans in last year all fixed with cable ties because I wanted to limit holes everywhere. This is probably why bit keep falling off of my kitcar...

'The Gaffer'

You could get someone to weld two small drilled pieces of steel the chassis. Paint up and bolt on.