News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

If you dont like heights dont watch this...

Started by 'The Gaffer', 23, September, 2010, 11:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Picked this up from a ACKCC post, Thanks brick69.

I lasted about 20 seconds before my sphincter gave way :-[

This is what some people do for a living!!!

Put your name down if you watched this to the end :P

Daley Down Under

WALNUT

You would think this day and age, they would be able to lower and raise all the working bits to ground level.          This is why I live in a bungalow.

Tony

Quarrycars

Always wanted to climb the Criggion radio towers near here but after watching the vidio I'm not sure, especialy the last bit up the monopole :o  Anyway they demolished them a few years ago so the temptation is gone :(

'Mendip Wurzel'

I'm not usually one for watching videos but whow, I could not stop watching this one.... terrifying!!

Bulldog Bri

Managed to watch it all  :o 

Wouldn't it be safer to hellicopter the engineer up and winch down to it and BASE jump back down  ;D

8)

Denzle

Yep I did.

How anyone has the bottle to do that gets me.  The casual way he stopped for a rest and in his own time clipped that big hook onto a little bar which could quite easily slip off the end.

The other point was the step bars.  They didnt look much larger than about 3/8 bar taking his weight.

What sort of people are these chaps, have they no fear or what.
All I can say is rather them than me.  I would chicken out at 50 foot.     Never have liked heights.

Dixie

Made me feel sick.  But watched to the end.

I am to deal with "Working at heights" within my factories, and that is anything above the ground or working above an excavation.  H&S gone made in the country, and these guys are expected to go "Outside" and climb the tower with out a Harness.

Amazing, we're not allowed to use a 6Ft ladder with out risk assessments, safe systems, training etc etc.

M