News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Your favourite restaurants and take aways??

Started by 'The Gaffer', 31, December, 2010, 08:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Curry House / Chinese or maybe Thai, English or Italian for that matter, post your favourite restaurants and take aways here.

We had my company Christmas meal at the Lal Jomi. 2 Harcourt Road (off Coldharbour Road) Redland, Bristol.

I have been using them for many years and can honestly say, they serve some of the best curries I have have ever tasted.

Speedy's and my meal. Yummmmmmmmmmm :)

I'm always up for a club curry night, and if you are into your curries, post your favourite dining / take-away place here for reference.

Ring-stingers unite :)

peetee

Long way to go for a curry I know, but this place is just fantastic! As are most of them in the Sparkbrook Balti triangle. Cheap too! So, if you're ever in Brum, it's worth a visit. Oh, and worth bearing in mind that most of them including the Poplar are not licenced so take your own grog!
Poplar Balti and Tandoori Restaurant
Address: 139 Ladypool Road, Sparkhill, Balti Triangle, West Midlands, B12 8LH
Telephone: 0871 2072764

xr2 stu

i dont do curries to hot for me but i do do a bit of chines and a good place to go for
dining is water sky in bristol just up from ikea and for take away i go to good taste in st anna's bristol
the best chines take away you can get i love it lol

Grin-a-lot

I'm always interested in some loo roll in the fridge action!

The Spice Mahal near/in Rangeworthy is supposed to be well worth a visit.  Not eaten there myself but good reviews from some friends and family.  Some nice roads nearby and ample kitcar friendly parking

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Sir Grin-a-lot on 01, January, 2011, 06:08:01 PM
I'm always interested in some loo roll in the fridge action!

The Spice Mahal near/in Rangeworthy is supposed to be well worth a visit.  Not eaten there myself but good reviews from some friends and family.  Some nice roads nearby and ample kitcar friendly parking

Used to pick up take aways from there when we lived in Tytherington, not bad from memory and as you say a very big car park.

Krazyken

For Italian the best in Bristol is La Campagnuola in Zetland Road.  It's owned Filipo Spitali a Sicilian who unforunately had a bad stroke a few years ago so it's now run by his son & daughter.  They have been going for over 30 years so must be doing something right.

Real authentic Italian cuisine not like the chains claiming to be Italian, "Justa likea Mamma used to make" and good value too.

stupott901

the Tollgate at Holt is fantastic and the food is all locally produced and such a friendly atmosphere if you got a special occasion it is reccomended

probablyleon

Eastern Eye or Haldi Tandoori. Both in Bath, both superb.

dikkie

For curry I've not had better than Shadins, Broadstreet, Staple Hill - can definitely recommend the sag pathia!

Mark G

Now I know the name is tacky but if you want a good curry I have to recommend Posh Spice in Nailsea.

The best thing about them is that its within walking distance from my house so just a short stumble home on a full belly.

Dixie

Quote from: xr2 stu on 01, January, 2011, 05:00:53 PM
i dont do curries to hot for me but i do do a bit of chines and a good place to go for
dining is water sky in bristol just up from ikea and for take away i go to good taste in st anna's bristol
the best chines take away you can get i love it lol

Stu, its a myth that curries need to be hot.  Spicy maybe, but not hot.  I hate hot curries that burn your lips, what is the point?  I had Garlic Chicken Bhuna, plain rice, sag aloo, Bombay potatoes, cheese nan last night.  Not hot, but very tasty.

always up for a curry.

Mark

David H

Phil, trust you to start a thread like this...