+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

newbe with new project

Started by dragonexotics, 25, February, 2011, 02:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonexotics

Hi there. Im just about to purchase this, which is a non finished project. Is there a good garage / body place in Bristol who can take care of the following:-
Taking out the cracks in the roof where the roof skin joins the actual donor car along the gutter line. Regap the doors and align some of the swage lines from the quarters to the door skins and a fresh coat of paint and finish off the interior, which I have everything needed to complete. Maybe some of you guys take on projects?? ;) ;)
Im from the Bristol Area and looking for something local. If there is a good response on this, Ill do the purchase.

Many thanks in advance

Andrew

paintman

Hi there.

My son might be able to help you out........He is the owner of Reef Paintshop which specialize in customising, complete bare-metal rebuilds and fibreglass project cars etc.....

He is at present working on a 40's replica coupe with all the problems you've listed + many others.

I'm sure he could help.     Tel.   01225 754300  or   07968 196633,   ask for Gav.and  tell him your in BKCC and he will do you a good deal. ;)

PM me if you wan't any other imfo.

Tony        (hope this advertising is ok Phil.) :-[

dragonexotics

Thanks Tony. Ill give him a ring. May thanks.

Denzle

Hi There Dragon,  and a very warm welcome.... ;D

All I can say is you have joined the best club in the UK and you wont go far wrong with help and good advice from all our members.... 8)

Im sorry I am not in the Bristol area to help you out... :'(

Hope you get your car...... so we meet up soon at one of our gatherings.... :P

Cheers, Denzle... ;)

'The Gaffer'

Hi Andrew and a warm welcome to our club :).

Quite a project you have there, just watch your money melt trying to achieve perfection. After all, a Ferrari replica has to be just perfect or it will be laughed at by some.

My first impressions of the car are it looks a bit tired on the paintwork, the front wheels look a bit lost in the arches, and personally I'm not too keen on the rear spoiler.

I see the car was on eBay but is no longer there, too expensive maybe?

Also watched this, and thought the transmission sounded rough in reverse,  oh and you might need some new exhausts after the grounding at the end ;).

All in all, could be a money pit or could be quite a nice car. Hard to tell from the pics but take time to look it fully over and get an idea of the cost of the work needed before you part with the cash.

Just my 2p, but whatever you decide on, the kit car world can be fun and I look forward to catching up with you and your car soon.

Good luck.

Tony.. no problem mate :)

foggy

Welcome to our club, I saw that one on e-bay. looks a interesting project. Best of luck with it.

stupott901

hello and welcome to the club

are you keeping same colour scheme or going for ferrai red it looks good

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome, look forward to seeing the finished car

8)

David H

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 25, February, 2011, 06:34:55 PM
Hi Andrew and a warm welcome to our club :).

Quite a project you have there, just watch your money melt trying to achieve perfection. After all, a Ferrari replica has to be just perfect or it will be laughed at by some.

My first impressions of the car are it looks a bit tired on the paintwork, the front wheels look a bit lost in the arches, and personally I'm not too keen on the rear spoiler.

I see the car was on eBay but is no longer there, too expensive maybe?

Also watched this, and thought the transmission sounded rough in reverse,  oh and you might need some new exhausts after the grounding at the end ;).

All in all, could be a money pit or could be quite a nice car. Hard to tell from the pics but take time to look it fully over and get an idea of the cost of the work needed before you part with the cash.

Just my 2p, but whatever you decide on, the kit car world can be fun and I look forward to catching up with you and your car soon.

Good luck.

Tony.. no problem mate :)

And on the bright side? It might be quite fun....

David H

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: David H on 27, February, 2011, 11:15:00 PM
And on the bright side? It might be quite fun....

Yeah Ok, always the pessimist me :P.  But its a Ferrari replica that will demand respect. Fun? sure, if you have the dedication, time and money to get it just right.

I hope you have them all, and as Dave poignantly suggests, I too hope your project is fun :)

paintman

I can see where ""The Gaffers coming from.......a Ferrari replica has got to be really tidy or it just looks a mess.

You can get away with "ify" cheap kit cars but your kit wasn't cheap so its got to be right. ::)

Tony

dragonexotics

seen the car in person and is in pretty good shape. The exhaust is because the u bracket is facing down and is quite long, just needs chopping off. The car is on 19's and seller sais 20 be too big and would have problems with the front arches. Yes the paint is a bit tired. Been standing for 8 months with a cover over it and sweated so the paint is blistered in some places, but I know that. I a too noticed the reverse gear and he rekons because the car took 2 years to build it was the very first drive since the build and also its going up a steel incline in reverse. There absolutly no problem, he assures me. The car looks amazing in person and providing I can get the work done to a budget - he suggests 3k, then its a go-er. Thanks for all the advice.

'The Gaffer'

As long as you are happy to go with it thats great. Sometimes its more about trusting the seller than gauging the car.

Good luck with the project and please feel free to post up some pics as you go :)

dragonexotics

Hi All
Is there any members / builders on here would like the job of just to tidy up my car,  re-spray and fit some interior panels (not the dash) such as head lining and door cards etc. I have everything that is required to finish the car off. Just need the labour element and a few sundry elements and the paint job.
Please PM me so I can send you a list of what needs doing with the view of obtaining a cost. Im not after a concourse car, just want something nice at the end of it.

I live in Bristol so transporting the car in or around or anywhere come to that is not a problem by trailer as the car has no MOT. Its an Extreme 360 on a 3ltr V6 406 Coupe. Everything is done proper but just needs some TLC to complete.

thanks

Andrew

'The Gaffer'

It looks as though everyone is busy with their own projects at the moment but I hope you manage to complete your build, it would be great to see you at a meet or event soon :)