+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Tiger Avon Build.

Started by criddy, 16, July, 2011, 10:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criddy

hey guys, been a while since I was on here and unfortunantly don't seem to have made massive amounts of progress since due to financial pressures. My friend I was building with has just sold all his stuff due to his mother being taken seriously ill so now without his knowledge and company too. I keep buying bits as and when I can afford them. I'm now looking for a pre 1992 Zetec black top as I don't want to have a CAT in the system. Also any help is always appreciated, however as I say my main problem now seems to be money unfortunantly. If anyone has bits left that they feel may be of interest please let me know.

So far I've fitted brake lines, diff, some wiring which was done by my mate as I'm useless with elec. I've got a new ECU that has been wrapped up safely for the last year! Have a set of R6 throttle bodies to be spaced and fitted. Alloys are on the car, currently supported by metal bars as my shocks are stored to save the condition of them. I have my dials, gearbox, bell housing, I bought a second hand prop shaft which I hope is the right length! I really don't want to give this project up! I'm sure there's other bits I've got and done that I've forgotten

paintman

Sorry to here your having grief.....hang in there it will get done eventually.....just take that bit longer. ;)

Tony

Krazyken

Sorry to hear the news.

Hopefully the club discounts available to supporting members will help when you have some money to spend.

brainbug007

Sorry to hear you're having problems. One thing though, I'm pretty sure zetec's didn't start being made until 1993 and those where the mk1 silvertops. From an IVA emmissions standpoint, so long as you can prove the age of the engine (a letter from ford will do) and it was made before august 1995, then you won't need a cat.

Furore Phil

Have you tried ebay ? there's a bunch of Zetec black tops on there now. They are removed from the car, so you'll need suitable transport.

Bulldog Bri

criddy

I refuse to give up on this! Just bought first house and point blank refuse to get rid of the Avon! I really want to do this!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: criddy on 19, February, 2012, 11:50:17 PM
I refuse to give up on this! Just bought first house and point blank refuse to get rid of the Avon! I really want to do this!

May the force be with you.