News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Website feedback please. What do you think?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 11, July, 2009, 02:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

As you know, it has taken some time for me to develop this website for you folks.

What I am looking for now is genuine honest feedback to find out if you think its a nice place to spend some time.

I'm am looking for feedback on layout, colour, features, navigation, in fact anything you care to comment on... good or bad.

I'm also interested to know if you would like extra features or additions built into to the website.

I'm a big boy, so dont be affraid to speak your mind if there is anything you dont like.

I will try to add anything you suggest, but somtimes this is just not possible due to technical issuses.

Thanks for taking time to look and please take two mins to post a reply so as we may all benefit as a club.

Speedy J

I think its great, honestly. Even thhough G & Toniq is sitting right next to me ;D

Bulldog Bri

As you know Phil. I think you've done a great job getting this site up and runnning.

So at this moment in time I don't really feel there is much that can be done to improve it. But any ideas I have I'll pass them on.

8)

Richard

Overall a good looking site.
Modern colouring and style.

We've already had a few chats about the odd item.

For doing things pretty much on your own it is a great job.

Sometimes depending on what device or location I'm in the grey / black colour scheme is hard to distinguish, perhaps changing to yellow on grey rather than white on grey would help, but this is a very small detail and not all would agree.

I think home page doesn't need to see to posters as a priority, perhaps a couple more pics or topic items instead.

Good stuff !

Try and ensure you have a backup / other support person so it is not so dependent on you if possible.

Mark G

I think its spot on, Can't really think of any ways to improve it.

I think you should maybe sit back, relax, have a beer and give your self a pat on the back.

Bulldog Bri

'The Gaffer'

Cheers guys, will take on board everything said. Thanks.  ;D

Mark G

Ohh, yellow!

I did think of one thing which could be changed.  When I reply to a post, I then get kicked to the section menu rather than to view my new post in the thread.  Its not a major thing, but I like to read my posts after I have submitted them to make sure I've not messed up or incase anyone else posted whilst I was typing.

Bulldog Bri

I'm liking the new Yellow on black style, much easier to read. nice change Phil.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Mark G on 14, July, 2009, 07:13:17 PM
Ohh, yellow!

I did think of one thing which could be changed.  When I reply to a post, I then get kicked to the section menu rather than to view my new post in the thread.  Its not a major thing, but I like to read my posts after I have submitted them to make sure I've not messed up or incase anyone else posted whilst I was typing.

Try now Mark and let me know if its ok.

PS Do you like the yellow?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 14, July, 2009, 07:31:26 PM
I'm liking the new Yellow on black style, much easier to read. nice change Phil.

8)

Cheers Bri, I will run with it for a while, but its growing on me.

Richard

Like the border edges on areas.

Think a few cosmetic items like that and font colour etc. could be changed every now and then.

Like the blue on dark grey little bits on buttons.

Think you've got the tinkering bug  ;)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 15, July, 2009, 09:04:12 PM
Like the border edges on areas.

Think a few cosmetic items like that and font colour etc. could be changed every now and then.

Like the blue on dark grey little bits on buttons.

Think you've got the tinkering bug  ;)

Yep I have been tinkering :) and taken on a few ideas, thanks Richard, but have to stop now. I'm pretty pleased with it but would like a little more feedback.

Richard

Would be good to hear from some of the less frequent posters, Phil's done and is doing a great job.

Just having a cup of tea after the next step in donor car part preparation has been completed.

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

Disaster, went to the pub last night to meet up with friends, don't do it very often these days, and I always end up drinking too much
The result was I get back and open the forum, and think, umm I'll have a fiddle. Of course I forgot to back up before I started and messed the whole thing up!! :-[ So after all that hard work its back to how it was.

I might have another go soon.

Richard

Symptom of the Tinkering bug !   ;)

Not too worry, at least you've discovered why backups and process discipline can be a good thing.

Leave it alone for a good few weeks, have a rest and perhaps research reverse gear options (check comment in latest CKC mag).

Have a timeout and rest  :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 17, July, 2009, 10:53:10 AM
Symptom of the Tinkering bug !   ;)

Not too worry, at least you've discovered why backups and process discipline can be a good thing.

Leave it alone for a good few weeks, have a rest and perhaps research reverse gear options (check comment in latest CKC mag).

Have a timeout and rest  :)

Yeah you are right, I have enough other stuff to do right now and theres never enough hours in the day as it is.

glosjammer

Not wishing to shoot anything down here (and indeed thats not what is intended).

If I were looking into this, I would fist look at how many people in the South West actually have kit cars. Then make an assumtion about how many of those use the internet activly (based on age group usually). If my numbers came under lets say 100, I would not consider a South West Forum viable, and would look to openieng a new national forum, with regional sub forum boards (within the same forum).

The things that make people come back to a forum are (not in order):-

1. Technical Knowledge and Help
2. Club offers - (Ie group buy on Stack dash eg)
3. For sale / wanted section
4. Family like feeling of community
5. Boredom in work!

I cannot think of any reason why not to do a national board, especially as for 4-6 months of the year we woudl not be having Physical meets, duee to weather and build times etc.

A good board will have around 2000 members with about 20% being weekly active. I just cant see that being the case here for a population from the soth west, then factor in a very small enthusiast base of kit cars, then factor in Internet usage.

This is just my opinion.

STIG

'The Gaffer'

You make some very good points there glos.

I did have a target of 100 in my mind to make it sort of viable and affordable.

I was making a post here http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=187.msg1028;topicseen#newabout the same things as you were posting.