+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

I've Got a Date!!!

Started by YellaBelly, 20, June, 2012, 02:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Not with another woman, that would cause a bit of a stir with the missus :)

VOSA sent my CD back today, and said the test centre would be in touch shortly. Approximately 10 mins after my wife opened the letter (I am still in Delhi until tommorrow) Bristol test centre rang and offered 18th July. Trouble is, as I said would happen all along, I am away in Texas for 3 days then (12-14 July) >:(

So I rang them (not my phone bill ;) ) and arranged for 24th at 8am.

So Peterw, keep a list of thing I need to watch for chap ;)

JB

Hairy Santa

peterw

Excellent  ;D ;D ;D Looks like you might have a full day there as well !!

Daley Down Under

'The Gaffer'

YellaBelly

Cheers Guys :D

Shows how knackered I was last night when I put the post up, I'm actually away 17-19 July not 12-14!! DOH! ???

Still think it's a bloody cheek though, take my money, put it in their high-interest piggy bank, then do nothing for a month!  >:(

Hey ho, fingers crossed for me & Pete.

JB

YellaBelly

Got my letter from DVLA giving a list of requirements for the registration yesterday and one of the things they state is an MOT! When will they get it right? The car will be a new reg and as far as I am aware exempt MOT for 3 years  >:( >:(

@peterw, did you get the same request mate?

JB

peterw

Yes , I got my letter yesterday and they appear to want an mot for registration just after an IVA, wil cross that bridge when i get to it. Have you got an install certificate for your immobiliser as that is something else that VOSA want at IVA time.

YellaBelly

My imobiliser is just the standard steering lock which is apparently fine. I will fit an alarm at a later stage but couldn't foot the expense of getting it done at a dealer to satisfy the IVA. So I'm just going with the standard lock for now.

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: YellaBelly on 23, June, 2012, 08:24:02 AM
Got my letter from DVLA giving a list of requirements for the registration yesterday and one of the things they state is an MOT! When will they get it right? The car will be a new reg and as far as I am aware exempt MOT for 3 years  >:( >:(

@peterw, did you get the same request mate?

JB
I to was under the understanding that when a car is IVA'd it won't need an MoT for 3 years regardless of what reg is being put on it, ie age related, 'Q' plate or New reg. As regards an imobiliser, I'm not fitting one as I just have a battery kill switch, if they pull me up on it it will be on the list of other jobs to do on the fail cert. lol.  :P

8)

peterw

Not sure about the MOT bit, I'll cross that later wanna get the IVA first. I think it will probably fail on just having a battery kill switch though. Might ask the question re MOT on the RHOCAR forum and see if there are any good answers.

peterw

Update on a couple of points here, the opinions on the RHOCAR site about MOT needed after an IVA is wrong be it age related or Q plate it should be 3 years as its technically a new build although with some old parts. An e mail to the DVLA is needed here me thinks just to clarify . Also on the IVA confirmation letter it states that an instalation certificate is needed for an immobiliser, this is not technically correct as shown in the reply i got from vosa
                                                   Customer Service Centre,
                                                                      VOSA,
                                                                   Ellipse,
                                                               Padley Road,
                                                                   Swansea,
                                                                   SA1 8AN.
Good morning Mr.Wilkins ,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding this matter. I apologise for the delay
in responding, but I am currently the only Technical Officer advising on
light vehicle Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) and  Individual Vehicle
Approval (IVA) matters and as such it is extremely difficult to respond to
enquiries in a timely manner.

The appointment letter that you have been sent is not in itself wrong,
however the requirement to provide evidence of compliance very much depends
on whether the vehicle qualifies under Basic or Normal IVA. As your vehicle
will only be subject to the Basic requirements, evidence that the
immobiliser complies with the Directive standard will NOT be required,
unless it is linked to an alarm as well.

The devil is in the detail regarding this issue and although the letter
makes reference to the application guidance notes for further information,
as such this requirement is generally only applicable to vehicles that are
subject to Normal IVA requirements (ie; "Class R" vehicles) or vehicles
fitted with an alarm.

The letter that you have been sent is one that is used for all the testing
schemes that we undertake, not just for IVA. In that respect, the booking
conditions on the back of this have to be "generalised" in order to fit
them all on. For your information, the technical requirements for IVA are
detailed in the M1 IVA Inspection Manual, a copy of the latest version of
which, can be found by following the link below:

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transport_files/IVA_M1_Inspection_Manual_1.pdf

The requirements for an immobiliser can be found in Section 13A (Anti-Theft
/ Immobiliser) of the Basic requirements. You will see that no documentary
evidence of compliance is required for an immobiliser that is fitted to a
vehicle subject to Basic IVA, other that if one is fitted, it must be
operational.

I do hope that you have found this information to be of use. However, if
you feel that I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Best regards,

Mark

YellaBelly

Good bit of info there Pete! Did you email or write? I am going to question the MOT requirement as I cannot see why there should be any difference between 'Q' or age-related as they both are effectively the same build, just a matter of one having scored enough points to qualify for age-related, and one not.

JB

peterw

E'mail "approvals@vosa.gov.uk"It might take 2 or 3 days for a reply but they have always been very helpfull.

YellaBelly

Cheers pete. I've just winged them an email.

:)

Iainl

I must of got off light, after my IVA pass in Nottingham last Setember I went to the DVLA office in Bristol with all my paper work and invoices etc. waited for about 20 minutes for someone to become free handed over the documents (except invoices) then got asked for some money for the tax and first registration fee and that was it.

I did ask the young lad behind the counter if he wanted to see anything else and he said no, I also confirmed with him that it would be a new registration and he said yes.

Waited for a week and nothing arrived so phoned up DVLA Swansea on the Friday morning just in case they wanted more documentation and they said nothing else was required and would deal with the request straight away and the next day it all arrived 61 plate and tax disc.

The only thing DVLA got wrong was the road tax I brought was for 6 months and the tax disc expiry date was for 12 months!!!!!!!

So my own dealing with DVLA Bristol was first class,  I hope you have the same service from them as I did.

Cheers,
Iain

Moleman

You lucky bugger!  :P :P :P
Nice to hear good mess up storys from the DVLA for a change. :D

YellaBelly

Thanks Iain! That really cheers me up :( ;)

Can I come over and get blessed with some of your good luck please?

JB

YellaBelly

Well, got a reply from the DVLA about the MOT requirements and new registrations, the reply was:

"I can confirm that an MOT test is needed if a vehicle is first registered more than 3 years ago, or it was manufactured and used on a road not less than 3 years before being registered. The date a vehicle is registered under a "Q" mark will be the date of first registration, an MOT is not required until 3 years from that date. The legislation supporting this is Section 47( 2) of the Road Traffic Act 1988."

So I will write to them at Bristol and ask why the 'MOT' box is checked on the requirements sheet :)

Hope that is of use to you too peterw?

JB

peterw

Yea, I think that confirms it , can you email me a copy of the email you recieved just so i can wave it in front of their faces if need be
Thanks

YellaBelly

Bulldog Bri

YellaBelly

IM me your emails then guys.