News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Rare breeds show at Haynes Motor Museum today

Started by 'The Gaffer', 06, September, 2009, 10:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Speedy J and I had a great day at Rare breeds show at Haynes Motor Museum. It was good to meet up with Pedro and his Vincent MPH. The Apple County Club were there in force as well. We really should have made this a club event - maybe they will hold it again next year.

Some great cars there including some that looked like old Triumph engined single seat hill climb cars driving around the track. I asked one guy about the noise level and he said the cars kick out about 106-112db...

That is loud, thought that little track had a limit a lot lower than that??

There was also a Mini exhibition, I'm not really into Mini's but it sort of brought a few memories back.

Cut n shut in progress  ;D

All in all, well worth a visit.

pedro

A interesting collection of cars of all ages. The Formula 500 cars, mostly using single cylinder JAP engines broke free from their normal hill climbing activities and had a great thrash around the circuit. Some other interesting cars included a 4 wheel Bond Bug, a very nice lurid green Murtaya, the last (of 11) Healy Frogeye Sprite, a really nice 1963 Lotus Super Seven Cosworth, the car that could be said to have started the '7' craze and some very nice older machinery. For those of an engineering persuasion, the infinitely variable transmission of a 1921 GWK was an interesting survivor A nice day out with a short road run and a parade around the circuit thrown in.

'The Gaffer'

Actually I got a shot of that 1963 Lotus Super 7.

Very nice, but very small.

David H

I've been there twice, definately worth a look. Twice is enough though...