Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BEN - A Motor Trade Charity

Started by Mark G, 12, September, 2009, 12:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark G

Hi all

For those of you who don't know me my name is Mark and am a vehicle technician for Dick Lovett BMW/MINI in Bristol.  I am taking part in a 30 mile sponsered bike ride for the motor trade charity BEN.  As this is a motor based forum I thought this may be relevant to some of you and was hoping that I may be able to raise some sponsership.  The ride is 30 miles on and off road, mostly farm tracks, fields and country roads.

BEN is the occupational charity for those who work or have worked in the auto trades and industries, providing services of help and support to people going through any situation of personal need or family distress, whether due to serious ill-health, disability, accident, bereavement or some unexpected crisis or problem.  Help is also there for immediate family dependants who are very often the ones in need of BEN.

BEN is helping and caring for around 15,000 men, women and children connected to our industry at any one time. This costs your charity c. £11m each year, funds that we have to raise.

I know that times are hard at the moment so I don't want anyone to give anything that they can't afford,  Whatever you may be able to donate from pence to pounds then please find it in your heart to do so. 
If you wish to donate please send me a pm with the details below:
- Name
- Address (inc post code)
- Donation ammount
- Gift ain Y/N (If you are a tax payer and would like the charity to claim the tax back on your donation)

Thank you for reading and a special thanks to those of you that may donate.

Mark.

www.ben.org.uk
BEN - Motor and Allied Trades Benevolent Fund, Lynwood, Sunninghill, Berkshire, SL5 0AJ.  Registered Company No: 2163894.  Registered Social Landlord No. LH3766.
A charity registered in England & Wales (no. 297877) and Scotland (no. SC039842)

'The Gaffer'

Mark G

Many thanks Phil,  Very generous of you.

Mark.

Mark G

Well, I did the 30 Miles today and to say I'm sore is an understatement.  I'm a pretty experienced rider (Although not as fit as I used to be) but this ride was pretty tough.  Not much of it was on smooth road but at least its over and done with and the main thing is that looking back on it I had a good time and a good laugh with friends and collegues.

The weather held out for us with only a few spots of drizzle which cooled me down nicely and the scenery along the way was great.

I'd like to add a big thanks to those who where kind enough to sponsor me and also to ask if anyone else would like to send some sponsorship it would be greatly appreciated by all who entered the ride today and all those at Ben.

Thanks for reading
Mark.

'The Gaffer'

Well done Mark. :)

Have a well earn't drink!!!

Richard

Well done Mark !!

Catch up with you soon.