News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

White 7 on ebay

Started by Jamie c, 27, September, 2009, 10:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie c

Hi,
Took my car out for a blast early this morning for about 2 hours for a test run and to get the driving postion right.
No good I`m too big for the car my legs are up by my ears, moved the pedal box, lowered the seat as much as I could, smaller steering wheel- I give up!
Car is now on ebay, it`s the R500 red strip one, had loads of interest already.
Which kit car is best for me next?
I need room to drive it, I`m so frustrated. :-X

Mark G

You could have a word with your preffered kit manufacturer and see if they can make you a chassis with an extra few inches in the cockpit section.  The chassis wouldn't be the issue really.  The most complicated part of it would be the extra length in the body panels.

good luck with the sale

Bulldog Bri

Sorry to hear you've not over come the fitting in prob', must have been really cramped driving all the way back from Nottingham!!!

Come over to the next club meeting and try a few for size  ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

I'm sorry to hear that Jamie.

I am very tall also and have a similar problem. but I can handle 2 hours easily in my car without too much of a problem.

I have however sat in a Dax Rush and Westfield for example and no way could I fit.

Theres got to be somthing out there for you.

Richard

Darn pity !!

Time for a hunt around, this question of height seems to come up quite frequently.

I'm a bit surprised a few of the manufacturers haven't done something about it and raised awareness of the suitability of their vehicles for height. Certainly a couple I've been in have a tonne of room and others you need to nearly reach for the soap.

Jamie c

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the support, I`m sure a will find something suitable and I will be at the next club meeting.
Now I got the woes of ebay- who can ask the most stupid question, the best one I had so far is;
I`ll give you £3900 cash mate and can be with on Saturday.

Let me think about that one.......................................NO!

Actually we could start a new thread on this one.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Jamie c on 28, September, 2009, 07:56:56 PM
I`ll give you £3900 cash mate and can be with on Saturday.

Let me think about that one.......................................NO!

;D Let the eBay fun and games commence. Good luck with the sale.

Put the car up for sale on here too on the for sale board Jamie.

gingerpaul

Depending on whether height or width is your problem you might find a LWB Rush might suit you. It's suitable for up t about 6'5" I think. Width is a problem with the Rush though so if that's your problem you'll struggle. A friend of mine has an MK Indy and that is cavernous in comparison.

Jamie c

I heard that before about the MK Indy,I`ll take a look at that.  :)

David H

i've just had a look on ebay at your car. Thats a shame mate its nice. Good luck with the sale

PhilW

That is a nice car, i don't want to put a dampener on the sale but i noticed the high bidder has zero feedback, have you any contact details for them?

Jamie c

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments,I got 104 watchers and had 47 messages for the car so hoping for a good price- so I can get my next one.
Just hope winning bidder is`nt a time waster, you know what ebay can be like.
Anyone got some feedback on a Westfield, size,quality parts backup.

'The Gaffer'

The couple of Westfields I have sat in have been too small for me. Best thing is go to a Westfield club meet and ask to try a few.

Dont forget, you can advertise your car on here too Jamie.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Like you I am quite tall and have similar problems. I reckon the Luego Viento has a lot going for it. It certainly has planty of space and appears to be a quality kit, also they tend to sell at a reasonable price second hand.

Kevin     

dave_bence

The Quantum Xtreme has a lot of room inside.

I sold mine to a chap who was too tall and wide to fit in a Caterham/Dax/Westfield/Tiger etc.

Jamie c

Cheers Kevin, I`ll take a look.

PhilW

Jamie, how did the sale go?

Richard

Quote from: PhilW on 06, October, 2009, 07:08:15 AM
Jamie, how did the sale go?

Been wondering the same thing.

I did notice it saying Sold do not bid on the ebay listing, so I guess it went well to start with but not sure if the transaction was completed.