News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Best kit car insurance comparisons / reviews / recommendations

Started by 'The Gaffer', 08, October, 2009, 11:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

Sound good apart from the £80 windscreen cover! ??? A new screen is around £20 from Roman Glass, Just get a template made up of the shape you need and take it to them. It won't be a posh heated screen but it will be laminated glass. That's what I did when Anna's screen got cracked with a bonnet flip. (my fault :-[:P

8)

benchmark51

Re- windscreen, that was my thought exactly.

Regarding the mileage restriction, what are the restrictions with other members insurance policies? Seems like paying insurance to not drive the car and leave it locked up!

robp

Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, October, 2014, 11:00:11 AM
I have just had the renewal details from Adrian Flux. All looked pretty much the same as last year price wise but the mileage allowance is 1500 miles!

That means if I use it every day for a year, I can do 4.1 miles each day. At a constant 30 mph, about 8 minutes driving. :o OR I could use it all at once and drive non stop for 48 hours (1 week-end) :-\

I've found 3000 miles/year is more than enough.  I could probably get away with 1500 if I really tried.  I only use the car for fun and use the tintop for everyday use.  If it's your only motor then you probably need unlimited (which is typically not that much more).

robp

Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, October, 2014, 11:00:11 AM

... the policy does NOT use or accrue any no claims bonus.

This is usual.  Normally only available if you have an everyday motor too.

paintman

I found 1500 miles not enough and 3000mls just about ok......but I keep it on the road for 12 months and it varies with the weather.

Year before last was rubbish weather with me doing only 2000mls but this year if the engine hadn't gone bust I would have
exceeded my 3000mls limit. ::)

rivsy36

Have used Footman James for three years, although the price was near £1000 because Brendon was only 18 when we first insured. I think they made an error giving the policy to us as usually you have to be 25+ They had to re listen to the phone conversation between me and the sales rep, and honoured the policy as it was their error. I have let the policy run so as to be able to keep Brendon insured, as I have always found it hard to get a policy to cover an under 25 year old. This year I had another search after being rejected by quite a few companies I have insured with Crosby Insurance Brokers who were very helpful, although still just under £600. not bad for 250bhp in 600kg in the grand scheme of things though. he's gradually getting older just hope I don't run out of money before it gets to a sensible price!!!!!  This is fully comp 4000 miles £100 excess.

John

Moleman

I need at least 4000 miles on mine. I use my westy more than my van. I use competition car insurance as I add track day insurance on mine. The funny thing is that they don't count the miles you put on while on the track so it don't matter too much if your over because you say that was what you did on the track for the year.

benchmark51

It's about 10 days since I asked AIB for a quote, using the banner on this forum and still nothing.
Phoned yesterday and explained the situation and they promised to call back, still waiting. :(

benchmark51

I have just phoned Frank Pickles for a quote on 'Ratbag' and the Transit I have just got.

1. They can't insure the Transit untill I have finished the conversion and registered it as a
motorhome with the DVLA.

2. They can't insure the locost untill I have a daily usage car on the road and insured. >:( >:(

'The Gaffer'

A big thanks to Darren at AIB insurance. He really took time to get me the best quote possible on my Alpina Z4 with modifications.

If your kit car, everyday car, van or bike insurance is up for renewal give Darren a ring on 02380 268 351 and let him help you get the best quote too.

'The Gaffer'

My van insurance came up for renewal so I gave Darren a call at AIB. Gave me the best quote so I went with them. Proves they offer great value on other sorts of vehicle too.

paintman

Don't talk to me about Insurance Companies!!! >:(

I had my accident in the Hood over 5 weeks ago and they still haven't sorted it out yet!!!

I must have emailed and phoned them 20 times, sent photo after photo, bin checked out by the DVLA on the phone,
vin number sent to them(?) and even had to put the old no plate on the nose-cone and take another bl**dy picture

And guess what they're doing tomorrow..............................sending out their  INSURANCE ASSESSOR!!!!!!  :o :o>:( >:(

benchmark51

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 10, June, 2015, 10:11:12 PM
My van insurance came up for renewal so I gave Darren a call at AIB. Gave me the best quote so I went with them. Proves they offer great value on other sorts of vehicle too.

He did a great job for me as well. My van, being duel fuel, needed to be UKLPG registered. He guided me through that. Also gave me a good deal on price. I'll be asking for a quote for Ratbag when renewal comes around

Facial Hair Optional

I use Darren at AIB too, can't fault them so far I have to say and in the 2nd year they do your insurance pro rata which means as I am only keeping the Tiger a little while longer it was viable to re-insure it for the 2nd year as when I sell it I will get  a refund on the unused months. They are cheap too!

Brandy Barrel

A-plan insurance. £109, £124 with another added limited mileage 5000.
I've used them since i was 17. Always rung around thinking i could better their price/policy but never have.
Even with 3 cars.
Thats for a 1.7 westie

paintman

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 11, June, 2015, 09:31:07 PM
A-plan insurance. £109, £124 with another added limited mileage 5000.
I've used them since i was 17. Always rung around thinking i could better their price/policy but never have.
Even with 3 cars.
Thats for a 1.7 westie

I'm with A-plan....they're cheap but try claiming!!!

robp

Fully comp on the Westfield with AIB was less that £90 this year!  8)

A quote on a 6.0 Ultima GTR was a little more however.  ::)

Moleman

Want to go half's on a Ultima GTR Rob? But to be honest I think we will need Ed & Ian to go half's as well.  :D