News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Busted ribs and a stinking cold anyone?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 04, February, 2010, 11:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Busted ribs and a stinking cold anyone?...
...No?, I didn't think so.

Why me, why now >:( :(

Life can be so cruel sometimes.

Bulldog Bri

Furore Phil

what did you do to break your ribs ?

Was it one heck of a huge sneeze  :D

Get well soon !

Best thing for a cold is a nice cup of tea with a large shot of whisky in it !

'The Gaffer'

Cheers guys.

I was working on the Toniq trying to do a 2 man job by myself, not really a heavy job or anything, just trying to loosen my seat runners. With one hand below the car and the other inside with a socket in each hand and my chest pushing on a ramp in between. It was pretty tight and as I strained to loosen the bolt the socket was moving further away and more pressure was put on my ribs, 'pop' and that was that.

Cant do nothing with it they just have to heal in their own time. I could just about cope with painful sleepness nights but now picking up a cold makes me fearful of the next sneeze or cough.. just so damn painful.

Ah well, soldier on as they say :(

YellaBelly

I don't suppose a 'bless you' would be any good mate? lol!

Get well soon ;)

Hairy Santa

Hope it dont take to long to heal mate, hurt dont they

Are you sure what you have put down is what happened  - and that your not covering for another damp grass episode  - very suspect I think   ::)

All the best

'The Gaffer'

Thanks for the sympathy vote guys, it means a lot ;D

dave_bence

That's not good.

Hope you heal quickly mate.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Sorry to hear about your accident Phil. You must have arms of steel to break a rib in that way.

paintman

Tough break....hope you have a rapid recovery.

Tony

Old Biker

:o
I have a degree of sympathy with you!  My latest duel with a car versus my Blackbird (now dead) ended up with me having a broken leg (big style), bust collar bone and 6 ribs.  He didn't see me and 'T' boned me!  I wouldn't recommend the rib thing.  Luckily I didn't get a cold for 4 months although on day three in the HDU I had two nurses chatting about how one of them thought she was comming down with 'swine flu'!  I left them there for probably 20 secs until I asked them to P*?s off.  I was on a Zimmer frame for 2 1/2 months (3 months total) once I was allowed out of bed.  Colds and bust ribs do not mix well.  Best of luck. 

Hopefully get some good news about my leg tomorrow.  It is still broken after 6 months but I think it is finally on the mend.  If it is I will aim to buy a Westfield in the very near future.

'The Gaffer'

Thank you.

Good luck with the leg and I look forward to you joining us soon in a safer form of transport. The Westie is a fine motor.

Old Biker

No snags,

Keep the site going - appreciate the work.