News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Suspension Alterations

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 16, March, 2010, 08:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

I took my kit car to the Robin Hood factory today to have the sliding pillar suspension changed. Only 170ml drive each way. Below are a few photos ....

Inside the Factory. The yellow car is the new Zero. They have sold approx 130 Zero models within the last year.

Outside of the Factory

Andy the owner of 'Great British Sporting Cars'. He spent ages showing me around the factory which was all very interesting.

This is a part finished example of the proposed suspension modification. There is no way that I would trust myself doing structural welding, hence me letting them do the job. When I initially rang them they said the conversion would not be a problem, however when they looked under the bonnet they realised there was just no space to get the cross members in, thankfully this is now not my problem.

They called this car the "Hood". There were only 10 ever made because they were far to complicated to manufacture. It has fully adjustable front and rear suspension etc....

Richard

That is quite a round trip in a day.
Bet that was fun looking around.

Any idea on how long before you can go back and pick the beastie up ?

'The Gaffer'

Nice pics Kevin.

So did you leave it with them or are they still doing the work. Presumably they have, or are looking for, a work round to do the mod on your car?

I like the fibre glass diffuser and rear lights on the new Zero.

'Mendip Wurzel'

I have left the car with them so I have to do the trip again to pick it up. They said ring next week so hopfully the turn around will be quite quick. I have a trailer so I didn't drive the kit car all of that distance. Like most of us I want to be on the road and ready to go by the 1st April.

You mentioned the Zero Phil. I must say I quite like the look of the car and it has fully independant suspension with the kits. Apparently it is easy to assemble which was one of the old problems with the Robin Hoods and it is incredible value for money. If you want the Lotus 7 look then it is about as close as you will get. I just do not see how they can make any money producing the kits for what they do......  I told them their websites are rubbish and they must be loosing a lot of business through that media.
I'm going to ring them today, as thinking about this overnight I want to try and make the new top member bar removable otherwise I won't be able to get to the front of the engine for maintenance.

All in all it was a very enjoyable day.

Kevin

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: MendipWursel on 17, March, 2010, 08:24:36 AMI told them their websites are rubbish and they must be loosing a lot of business through that media.

Shoot from the hip Kev, how did they take the comment?   :o

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Brian ...
They didn't mind my comments about their website. It's how you say it, plus the fact that me being a typical miserable old git you can get away with saying a lot more.
Kevin

Richard