News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My new Sylva Riot kit car

Started by 'The Gaffer', 12, August, 2010, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

My new Sylva Riot kit car.

For those of you that don't know, I have recently bought a new toy. It's a Sylva Riot, powered by the Puma Zetec VCT 1.7 ally engine. The engine was in fact designed by Ford and Yamaha in a joint venture.

Sylva Managing Director Jeremy Phillips, a true legend in the kit car world, designed the car itself and over the passed 25 years Jeremy has also designed some of the most influential and competition successful cars in the industry. Previous cars include the Fury, Phoenix, Stylus, and of course the Striker. He is a very helpful guy and was happy to offer me pre purchase advice over the phone.

The Riot can only be described as a big Go-kart, its so small to look at, but deceptively large in the cockpit. This is due mainly to the mid-engined layout leaving lots of space in the front. Drivers over 6ft (like me) are easily accommodated. In fact it's so comfortable, I sometimes don't want to get out :).

Next to Dave H's Westfield

Ready for a run

The car is surprisingly quick and great fun to drive, it only weighs about 460Kg with a full tank of fuel so the power to weight ratio is pretty impressive.

The previous owner built my Riot to a very high standard. He was very sad to see it go but was on the look out for a larger house.

Great build quality

Attention to detail

The only downside was that the car was in Cumbria of all places so a few miles were done inspecting and collecting it. (Thanks Tony for the trailer loan)

Ready for the long drive home

All in all I'm very happy with the car and will of course miss the Toniq. Both cars are great in their own rights and it would be nice to have the space and the money to keep them both.

The Toniq has gone to a new home and I'm sure will be well looked after by Pete (Hairy Santa) Its new owner... Have fun Pete!!

Now, its time to tinker and personalise a bit starting with a dash makeover.

Maybe even a new forum username???

stupott901

hi Phil looks great, at least we still should still see the toniq,

must admit been thinking of changing mine for a fury or Marlin but the wife has said NO after all the time and effort spent on the MK Indyblade may be nexy year

stu

'The Gaffer'

Cheers Stu.

Yes its hard to let go when a lot of time and money has been spent on a car but they do say a change is as good as a rest :)

YZFMINI

Looks realygood phill.

has david h got a new westi or had it painted?

David H

Its a new one. I've still got the other though. This one is more track focused. I seized an opportunity to own it.  I'll do a write up soon.

Nice car Phil. Surprisingly quick!!!??!! F$^king rocket you mean. Honestly I couldn't believe it.

If I had the room and funds, I'd have one Phil!!

Daley Down Under

Phil,

Excellent news (Riot's arrival and Toniq is sold within the club).  Sounds like it'll be a hoot on the track (based on DavidH's comments).  Cant wait to see it in action.

PS: you'll definitely need a new name (thread based competition?)

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: David H on 14, August, 2010, 02:48:41 PM
Nice car Phil. Surprisingly quick!!!??!! F$^king rocket you mean. Honestly I couldn't believe it.

If I had the room and funds, I'd have one Phil!!

Thank you Dave. :)

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 14, August, 2010, 03:56:47 PM

Phil,

Excellent news (Riot's arrival and Toniq is sold within the club).  Sounds like it'll be a hoot on the track (based on DavidH's comments).  Cant wait to see it in action.

PS: you'll definitely need a new name (thread based competition?)

Adrian

Cheers Adrian, yes it really is a little pocket rocket and I love the new car.

Miss the Toniq already though, but at least its still in the club :)