+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

I've sold my Westie

Started by hoobahole, 15, June, 2011, 10:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobahole

After 5 years of ownership and development I have sold my Westfield. I have some highs and some lows but all in all I look back with very fond memories.

I built her in 2005/2006 and spend the following years making it 'just so' by fixing all the errors I had made when I first built her, and 'adding lightness'.

As so often seems to happen, she was just where I always wanted her to be when I decided to sell her, but having been out for a run the previous weekend and being hit in the eye by rain at 60mph (well you cant slow down can you!?), stopping at the lights wet - with slicked back hair and ear defenders, and having a car that the Mrs would never want to go out enough was enough to convince me that the time is right. Seeing how quickly DaveH's car sold also inspired confidence.

So the very next day she was up for sale, and 6 days later I saw her being driven down the road. Surprisingly I wasn't sad. I was proud at how good she looked and went.

What an immense car - very, very competent on both track and road. I suspect I will never own a car like that again, not with that spec, but it was an experience I will always look back on with fond memories  :-*

So what next? - I don't know. Probably an Elise 111R - when the right one comes up.

I'll still be lurking on the fence here - and at future trackdays.

For those interested - here is the ad:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2895002.htm

I think it was good value, but when I make a decision - I make a decision. And I decided I wanted her gone.

Rog

Daley Down Under

Good grief - what's going on.  Has David H started something?

Well done on the quick sale Rog - that cash will be burning a hole in your pocket.

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

I can sometimes see the attraction of a roof. Well done on the sale and I look forward to seeing some pics of the new car in our new non-kit section :)

David H

It was seeing the beauty of the slag that did it. The craftesmanship of the alcaholic who stripped it before I bought it. Art.

Elise.

Krazyken

Rog

Get an Ultima 720 or a GD T70, it's about time some one in the club had one of those.

David H

You heard him Rog. Ultima 720  ;D