News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Winter lay-up

Started by paintman, 08, September, 2011, 11:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintman

Can't make my mind up whether to lay the Hood up this winter or not. ::)

Kept it on the road last winter but had a couple of "moments" what with it being so light and the tendency for it to lock up on hard breaking.....not nice!! :-\

I was wandering what percentage of club members layed up their "pride and joys"?

Tony

PS.   All imput welcome.

Dixie

Even though your Hood was the most scary car in the ice that I have ever been in, I reckon you should keep it on the road.

We get some nice cold, crisp and dry days that are perfect for a quick drive somewhere.

I have just re-taxed mine until next March, fully intend using it.

M

Bulldog Bri

Will taking the Dog of the road this year at the end of Oct. Money saved on Tax will go towards the overdrive conversion and engine detailing.  ;D

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

I usually take mine off the road from about November to maybe the end of March. I avoid salt on the roads. 

'The Gaffer'

Always tax all year, as Mark says some great crisp winter mornings are sometimes better than summer.

Grin-a-lot

My westfield's coming off the road for winter this year.  Been saving up a list of jobs to do so she's in tip top condition for Easter 2012.

Krazyken

Mine will be coming off the road at the end of Nov after Brands Hatch for lots of TLC (chassis repaint in POR 15, more brake work, new CV joints) over the winter after another good thrashing on track all year.  Will probaly re tax 1st May ready for Stoneleigh, one thing about powder coated cars as that you definitely don't want to get the salt in them.

madmarkymark

Will be keeping mine road legal, since the 'summer' weather didn't allow me to get out as often as I would have liked.  However, I have got a list of 'things to do' such as brakes, electrics, fuel system and change the sump ... hmmm not sure when all that is going to get finished!

Sumov8

Mine will stay on the road for that odd sunny weekend, always built it with the intention of an all year round car

Garage not big enough to use for winter strip downs so these have to wait for good weather any way.

Also less hastle trying to re tax it when Sorn

:-X

robp

Probably keep the Westy taxed all winter but planning a few mods so it'll probably be off the road for a while anyway.

I agree there are some nice crisp dry days during the winter.  However, you need to be careful and make sure the car is kept clean.  There is so much salt on the roads over the winter so it's a good idea to get underneath and make sure it's all washed off.

paintman

I've decided :).......Tax it at the end of the month and keep it on the road till December, then SORN it till March 1st.   Seems like a plan. ;D

Tony