Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Toniq Saga.....

Started by glosjammer, 22, July, 2009, 11:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glosjammer

And yet it thickens......

Ok so gave up changing the clutch myself after misalligning my drillbit and drilling through the clutch basket.   :-[

And Bates (Abperformance) is picking it up on Friday and it doing everything that needs doing including the fueling, so should be back on the road in the next 2 weeks - weather permitting!

As for the ZZr1400 Supercharged, Not going to happen to this car. Andy Advised the Chassis is just not up to it, so Im going to put in a ZZR1400 non supercharged for next year and then have one of these built ;)

http://web.mac.com/rawuk/Raw/Raw_Fulcrum.html

Opinions?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: glosjammer on 22, July, 2009, 11:48:37 AM
Ok so gave up changing the clutch myself after misalligning my drillbit and drilling through the clutch basket.   :-[

Oh dear, and so you should be embarassed lol. ;) Bit of a shame that mate.
At least you have got the oportunity get get everything sorted in one go now.

Double shame if you were thinking of comming on the Cheddar run out.

That Raw looks the business, and to be honest I think its the business you are looking for. The older Toniq is a great car but I dont think its was really deigned for full on racing. The new Toniq on the other hand does look a lot more substantial.

EDIT: Just had another look at that Fulcrum, I want one. How much?

Richard

Shame about the DIY bit.  ;D

Not really looked into the Toniq chassis too much so don't the sizes and layout.

The Fulcrum is for racing and would suit you well, like the front on look of them with those lights, quite distinctive.

David H

Well proven car, apparently an improvement on the already blinding Striker. I hope your tall as those wings can be tough to see over!

As for the DIY bit. Join the club. I'll bet there's not a person here who hasn't accidentally stuffed their drill bit where it shouldn't go.... Its a bloke thing!

Seriously though.... it happens..

glosjammer

Hey thanks all. the fulcrum is about 18k all in with a zzr1400 Supercharged so quite a bargain when you weigh it all up.

Andy Bates is a smashing chap that really knows his stuff. if you go anywhere else you should think again. Im very picky about who I give any of my cars to.

If you speak to Andy I has a deal on the fulcrum Chassis and panels goign at th emoment;

Richard

That sounds a pretty competitive price for what you are getting. Should come out looking stunning, makes mine feel cheap and hopefully cheerful if I ever get it done.

Really looking forwards to seeing it and hearing it ! ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: glosjammer on 25, July, 2009, 07:07:27 PM

If you speak to Andy I has a deal on the fulcrum Chassis and panels goign at th emoment;

Dont tempt me  >:( ;D