News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

who's kidding who?

Started by benchmark51, 14, November, 2015, 10:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

He seemed to be driving it on the road but surely that cannot have been IVA aproved in that state? Looks very nose heavy despite what he says about weight distribution. Not very pretty either. If the power to weight figures are true it'll be quick - in a straight line at least, not sure about round bends though?

Tbh I would have expected it to weigh more too with that Mazda car engine in it even with carbon fibre parts. Very rare to see a non bike engined car under 500kgs. It's still heavier than the ASBO though which I found out this week on it's IVA paperwork is listed at 427kgs!!! And it is definitely not as good looking for sure  ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P

benchmark51

I think the whole article is a wind up. Did you watch the video? I think he has a very slow watch and a very fast speedo. Gotta get me a mazda 1.6, lol  ;D ;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah I watched it Dave, I didnt think the acceleration was that stunning tbh. And how many people have been done lately by the old bill after filming themselves doing stupid speeds on the public highway?? Bit silly!!

There is no way it would get IVA'd without bodywork covering that intercooler etc surely!!!!

Could well be a wind up, but then it's in the papers so it must be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Just watched it again and it definitely does not seem as quick as he is claiming, in fact there are cars that look faster in the BKCC.

Also if the power to weight ratio is as he claims then the car has 474bhp - from a supercharged 1.6 Mazda engine?? Maybe, but not that easy to achieve and be driveable on the road I wouldn't think?

Iancider

A supercharged 1.6 Mazda engine is good for about 260 BHP - beyond that it is reaching absolute design limits.  To reach 60 in 2.1 requires a better power to weight ratio than super-bikes and a sequential box.  The Exocet frame is not light. Has he factored his 100Kg body into the power to weight ratio for instance? I have seen alloy framed, twin bike engines that have approached that performance but this claim does seem to be OTT. I agree with FHO the ASBO wins on all counts for me.

So there you go FHO, gauntlet thrown down - you need to see him off on the track now!  :o :o :o :P ;D

Ian

benchmark51

The supercharger looks more like a turbo to me, but who would even consider a mazda 1.6 to start with?

You should contact him, find out who offered the £100k and offer yours. :P :P

SPAXIMUS

I suspect that some journalist has embellished what was said. It is clear he has a huge Turbo so perhaps has more power that we would all suspect. The claim he has done 188mph is just that a claim.
To me the guy is clearly not all there otherwise he would not have given a video of his driving for people to look at. Already some are claiming they have reported him to the police who will be able to work out his speed.

paintman

The guys an idiot living in his own little world.....bet he thinks his dick is 18" long as well, prat!!! ::)

CC Cyclone

Quote from: paintman on 14, November, 2015, 05:23:49 PM
The guys an idiot living in his own little world.....bet he thinks his dick is 18" long as well, prat!!! ::)

Get off the fence and tell us what you really think :)

I agree though based on that article.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 14, November, 2015, 02:29:03 PM
A supercharged 1.6 Mazda engine is good for about 260 BHP - beyond that it is reaching absolute design limits.  To reach 60 in 2.1 requires a better power to weight ratio than super-bikes and a sequential box.  The Exocet frame is not light. Has he factored his 100Kg body into the power to weight ratio for instance? I have seen alloy framed, twin bike engines that have approached that performance but this claim does seem to be OTT. I agree with FHO the ASBO wins on all counts for me.

So there you go FHO, gauntlet thrown down - you need to see him off on the track now!  :o :o :o :P ;D

Ian
Ha ha! Nice one Ian, thank you. Tbh mate, judging by the video it would not be a problem, as indeed I suspect it would not be for any of the VFC in this club either (of which I am not yet a member - one day!!) It just did not seem that quick to me.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 14, November, 2015, 03:47:39 PM
The supercharger looks more like a turbo to me, but who would even consider a mazda 1.6 to start with?

You should contact him, find out who offered the £100k and offer yours. :P :P
When I read that bit about the £100k it did cross my mind for a nano-second, and then I though nah mate, not a chance, I love it too much!

I agree about that supercharger looking like a turbo too, but then I am defo no expert on that stuff.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 14, November, 2015, 05:32:05 PM
Quote from: paintman on 14, November, 2015, 05:23:49 PM

Get off the fence and tell us what you really think :)

I agree though based on that article.
I love this club, you lot can be so damned funny at times!! Cheered me up no end that has!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Iancider on 14, November, 2015, 02:29:03 PM
Ian

You can also hear the rev limiter kicking in to restrict revs,  which won't help....

Facial Hair Optional

Definitely better value for money!

benchmark51

Especially as it comes with all legal paperwork. Still sodding draughty though :-X ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 15, November, 2015, 01:13:11 PM
Still sodding draughty though :-X ;D
You're dead right there Dave, at least I have side panels on mine though there is quite a draught through the gaps in the bonnet which I am considering changing the design of. A more 'full' bonnet would mean less draught, probably lower the drag too and also allow me to fit a nice full-width aero screen to reduce buffeting. Would make it more pleasant to drive with and without a helmet for sure.

Anyone know where I can get some aluminium sheet cut and fabricated to the right pattern please? Then it'll have to be carbon fibre 'effect' wrapped like the current one.

I may even mock something up to fill in the current bonnet gaps so I can see how much difference it makes to the draught into the cabin and onto my right leg. It's bound to make some improvement I would think?

benchmark51

[/quote]
Anyone know where I can get some aluminium sheet cut and fabricated to the right pattern please? Then it'll have to be carbon fibre 'effect' wrapped like the current one.

I may even mock something up to fill in the current bonnet gaps so I can see how much difference it makes to the draught into the cabin and onto my right leg. It's bound to make some improvement I would think?
[/quote]

Easy to find, more or less opposite Victoria park
Avery Knight & Bowlers
33-35 James St W, Bath BA1 2BT
averyknight.co.uk
01225 425894

Smallish, friendly place with parking. Sell lots of offcuts, but can cut to size.

You could get thin MDF and make up a template. Maybe tape it in position to try it's effectiveness first.

Facial Hair Optional

Cheers Dave, I'll look into both of those pointers. B and Q here I come!!

Iancider

Yep - that looks like an honest car.

I do like them.

Ian

Hairy Santa

be interesting to weigh that car once some bodywork is put on it to get it through the IVA

anyone know what a standard one of those engines and box weigh's

Can anyone see £75k, I'm struggling  :-*

benchmark51

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 16, November, 2015, 10:01:50 PM
be interesting to weigh that car once some bodywork is put on it to get it through the IVA

anyone know what a standard one of those engines and box weigh's

Can anyone see £75k, I'm struggling  :-*

The one on ebay (earlier post) for £7k, blows it out of the water.

Facial Hair Optional

I think they got the date of the publication wrong, it was April 1st  ;D