+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

As mad as a badger!!!!

Started by Rosco, 21, February, 2011, 07:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosco

Those of you who have met me, know how I love a challenge, and try to do the impossible on a budget of nothing.......
Well my challenge for 2011 is the motoscape banger rally linky:- http://www.motoscape-rally.co.uk/
Playing up to our Bristrolian roots, well it is the best city in the world...We are team 'gert lush!'
The wife and I are going to attempt the full 7 countries in 7 days in a 1984 ford Capri 1.6 laser 'she's a beauty'.
She hasn't moved for 8 years, and it only took a new set of plugs, a gallon of fuel and ½ hour tinkering to get her going.....
A bit of welding is required on the back end and a dammed good clean, as there seems to be new life forms growing in it & on it. Then a bit of magic to get through an MOT.
We are going to do the run for charity (British Heart foundation), so I shall come back at a later date or a club meeting to try to get some sponsorship, and yes I still have the kit car, but her indoors didn't fancy doing the rally in it.
Looking forward to April, when the kit should be back on the road with the new engine.
Cheers,
Rosco....

YellaBelly

Hey Rosco, glad to see your still around :)

Sounds like a fun-filled 7 days ahead! :o

BTW, what's the new engine? I've still yet to run my 2L Pinto in the Locost (and that includes the gear box filler idea I knicked off you ;) )

JB

Oh yes, and I'm up for sponsoring you.

'The Gaffer'

Good luck Rosco, sounds like you will have a great time :).

I'm sure there will be a few in the club that will sponser you including myself.

stupott901

sounds like fun i all ways wanted a capri when i younger just let us know when you after sponsorship

stu

Richard

Best of luck !    sounds a fun experience coming, or at least a few stories  ;D

Westiebusa

Good Luck!! How to sponsor you?? ;D

Bulldog Bri

Best of luck Buddy keep us posted with progress and be sure to post some pic's from the event.  ;D

8)