AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Corner Weight & Geometry Clinic + BBQ Sat 19th May 2012 -£20 2 PLACE'S LEFT

Started by Krazyken, 14, January, 2012, 06:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

We now have a date for this years BKCC Corner Weight & Geometry Clinic at Track Developments.  It's Saturday 19th May which is 2 weeks after the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show.  As usual your car will be weighed on their weighing platform and the results recorded for you to take away.  There will also be a basic geometry check to report that all 4 wheels are hopefully pointing in the right direction.  Dave will also advise on what needs to be done to correct things which you can either do yourself or book in for him to do at a later date in his workshop.

Subject to getting a minimum of 10, included in the £20 will be a quality BBQ with burgers & sausages direct from local farms, far better than mass produced supermarket products.  As there were a few no shows last year all money must be paid in advance, £20.88 by Paypal inc fees (Link at bottom of forum and sign on pages) You can also pay by cheque with the cheque made payable to the Bristol Kit Car Club.  If there are less than 10 the day can still go ahead but the BBQ can not be included.

Just a reminder / introduction for new attendee's.

Each  car will be driven/pushed on to  the elevated set up patch and will be weighed and cornerweighted and the Camber and Tracking recorded. On one or two cars with adjustable castor that will also be recorded.
I will then recommend which and by how much any of the settings need to be changed.

Then with help from the group you carry out adjustments which I check and fine tune on the patch in the afternoon.

Each car takes 15 to 20 mins - more if the wheelbase is different than the previous candidate.
So for 13 cars this could be over 4 Hours - with the rechecks to follow.....
So we break up the day with the BBQ

This is a club activity so you help each other with the adjustments to all learn a bit more about the cars.
Also if you arrange cars into say 3 groups of similar wheelbase the day will move faster as it can take 5 mins to alter the set up patch (12 x 5 mins = a whole hour of waiting around.)

Bottom line - Setup your own car and get a burger for at least a £150 discount on the full price

At this stage we need an indication of numbers so if you intend to come along please put your name down below.

Edit. Added to calendar and event extended to the ACKCC.

EVENT WAS SOLD OUT - BUT NOW 2 SPACE'S NOW LEFT  But, get your name down quick if you want a place or be a reserve.

1.   Ed P (PAID Paypal)
2.   Dave Bence (PAID Paypal)
3.   Hairy Santa (PAID Paypal)
4.   Brian Youster (ACKCC) (PAID Paypal)
5.   The Gaffer (PAID)
6.   chrislandy (PAID Paypal) robp added from reserves - Rob to arrange payment with Chris.
7.   basher! (ACKCC) (PAID PAYPAL) Stantman taking Bashers place - To arrange payment between them.
8.   Dikkie (PAID Paypal) Cob68 added from reserves
9.   Sumov8 (PAID Paypal)
10. Dixie (PAID Paypal) nigel paying Dixie.
11. Yzfmini (PAID Paypal)
12. stevel (PAID Paypal)
13. Alistair (PAID Paypal)
14. Now free
15. Now free

BBQ Only
1.  Moleman - BBQ (PAID Paypal)
2.  TimC - BBQ (PAID Paypal)

Reserves
16. robp
17. Cob68
18. Psymon
19. ?
20. ?
21  ?

Room for 3 more reserves and 2 guaranteed spaces.

dave_bence

Hairy Santa

Grin-a-lot

Aaah nuts.  Last year was my boss's wedding, this year is my cousin's so can't make it again.

At least I got a full geo-setup done last year (and worth every penny if anyone's considering it).

fullpint

I was planning a visit to them shortly!!!! If I can hold off I may be up for it.. Would be nice to meet up with a few members..

Krazyken

I have a full set up done at TD at the start of every year so will not need this again, but will pop along for the social bit.  More entries required, so far we have: -

Moleman

I will be looking for him to set mine up very soon as I don't think mine has been done before & would like him to do it for me in feb. Any idea what this sort of thing costs?

Krazyken

Moleman

Best to speak with Dave Gallop direct as he has special rates for a full set up for BKCC members.  This thread is for the £20 corner weight clinic, geometry check & BBQ which is totally different to a full set up.

TimC

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 16, January, 2012, 11:34:21 AM
1. The Gaffer
2. Dave Bence
3. Hairy Santa
4. Brian Youster (ACKCC)
5. TimC
6. ?

Hmmm, actually - I will be there but won't be having the geometry done so please keep the space on the flat-floor.

Moleman

Thanks Ken, I have rang him & he will book me in as soon as I'm ready for it.   :D Sorry for the mix up still learning what's what at the mo.   :-[
I might still pop down for the social bit though.  :)

chrislandy

I'm a provisional, it all depends on whether I can dry the seats in the shelsley out as the cover blew off it the other day lol

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Moleman on 16, January, 2012, 09:24:34 PM
Thanks Ken, I have rang him & he will book me in as soon as I'm ready for it.   :D Sorry for the mix up still learning what's what at the mo.   :-[

Hi Mate, do come and have it checked over  - well worth it  - will give you some idea what roughly will want altering in he future plus how heavy it is - well worth the £20

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 16, January, 2012, 10:14:21 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 16, January, 2012, 09:24:34 PM

Hi Mate, do come and have it checked over  - well worth it  - will give you some idea what roughly will want altering in he future plus how heavy it is - well worth the £20

Agreed, and the food is excellent, you wont get a better days info for £20 and the food will be very tasty :)

Quote from: chrislandy on 16, January, 2012, 10:07:25 PM
I'm a provisional, it all depends on whether I can dry the seats in the shelsley out as the cover blew off it the other day lol

Get the waterproof trousers on, this is not a day to be missed ;) can we put your name down?

Quote from: TimC on 16, January, 2012, 12:08:56 PM

Hmmm, actually - I will be there but won't be having the geometry done so please keep the space on the flat-floor.

This is a great opportunity to get your car checked over, same price as BBQ so you may as well ??? Can we put your name down?

YellaBelly

If I can scrape the dsoh together for the test (and pass it!) then count me in :)

JB

chrislandy

Get the waterproof trousers on, this is not a day to be missed ;) can we put your name down?

[/quote]

I have the waterproof trousers! It's more that the weight & distribution will be wrong with 50kg of extra weight from the saturated seats and carpet!!

dikkie

I'd be up for this one, no idea how my westie is set up but guessing it ain't right.

Cheers

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 16, January, 2012, 11:23:40 PM

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 16, January, 2012, 11:23:40 PM

Quote from: chrislandy on 17, January, 2012, 08:51:35 AM
I have the waterproof trousers! It's more that the weight & distribution will be wrong with 50kg of extra weight from the saturated seats and carpet!!

Thats 88 Pints of water :o, maybe a snorkel will be better :D Get busy with the hairdryer (You have 4 months to dry it out) and let me know if you are attending, it really is a day not to be missed and I'd like to see the Shelsley

Sumov8

Mine has never been looked at so if there is still a place left,    Im Free !! :P :P

Dixie

Moleman

Thanks guys. I wont need the corner weight clinic as I will be spending the day with Dave in afew weeks where he will be setting it all up for me, so I think it should still be ok by then. But i will turn up to say hello.  ;D

TimC

As above, I'll be there and will want feeding  :P but Dave will be doing set-up and testing with me as a separate exercise.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Moleman on 19, January, 2012, 09:37:41 PM
Thanks guys. I wont need the corner weight clinic as I will be spending the day with Dave in afew weeks where he will be setting it all up for me, so I think it should still be ok by then. But i will turn up to say hello.  ;D

Moleman, will you need feeding too? Obviously a small donation towards food would be req if so, plus we need to know numbers for BBQ

Lucky Ed

Would love to get mine looked at, but I am snowed under with work at weekends during May.

Will try and pop up and say hello for an hour in the morning if you get started early enough :(

Krazyken

Track Developments need a minimum of £200 to make the day break even, bear in mind that it will include a quality BBQ.  If TimC and Moleman come along to spectate and pay £10 towards the BBQ then we have the £200 needed to make the day viable for Dave and a great BKCC event confirmed in the 2012 calender.

Ian Stent of CKC Mag is also threatening to come along and take pics for a feature in the mag, so you could also get your 15mins of fame.  Over to you Chaps  :D

Lucky Ed

I'm happy to chuck my £20 in the hat to get the numbers up, if I could be cheeky enough to get on early in the day,
but would have to be gone before lunch - still a great deal to get weighed and aligned.

Please feel free to donate my grub to a more needy soul - I would hate Santa to waste away!

Sorry to be anti-social but pressures of work..........  Let me know what you think.

Krazyken

Ed P you are in, we will get you in first one of the day, revised list is: -

The event is definitely on, please can you pay as detailed earlier in this thread by The Gaffer by 1st March 2012.  We can then give Dave Gallop the money in advance to lay on a great day for us.  There is still room for a few more (10 is the minimum) if anyone else would like to come along.

Lucky Ed

Moleman

I will be there & I will be happy to pay for the food of course. Do you need me to pay it now?

TimC

Quote from: Moleman on 22, January, 2012, 02:31:37 PM
I will be there & I will be happy to pay for the food of course. Do you need me to pay it now?

Likewise.  Food was ace last time. 

dikkie

Paid,

out of interest - what do I need to bring along in the way of tools - just a c-spanner or a full toolkit and jack?

'The Gaffer'

Pay now for food only will be cool. £10.54 inc Paypal fees :) Thanks guys.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dikkie on 23, January, 2012, 03:09:38 PM
Paid,

out of interest - what do I need to bring along in the way of tools - just a c-spanner or a full toolkit and jack?

C spanner and a few general tools should be fine. There will be others with tools too so shouldn't be a problem

alastair

stevel

Yes please, enjoyed it last year.  Look forward to seeing you all again and some new faces.

Camber Dave

Hi Guys

Just so the list does'nt drift into the 20's we will stop the booking at 15 cars.
As there is a reasonable chance of some of you may need to drop out over the next months add up to 3 reserves.
The reserves needn't pay anything until you get added on to the main list (by refunding 'leavers'?) and will be welcome to attend on the day.
I will post more info in the last week of April.
As before I will lay out some displays (preperation for Stoneleigh where we will be showing again) and try to do a presentation at the lunch break based on your questions from the morning.
In the mean time post any relavent questions or PM me

Many thanks for your enthusiastic coments and prompt booking and Ken for kicking it off again

Dave

basher!

I've just joined BKCC forum, got a Sylva Mojo.
Count me in for the geo session as a reserve, or if there is a definate place still free I'll pay now?
Let me know.
Ash
;D

Hairy Santa

Hi Dave,
Is it possible to put a bit of a local map up to point just where you are, I got lost last year and only got there because I bumped into you if you remember  - and I'm still not sure how to get to you

many thanks

Pete