Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Haynes Motor Museum invite from WSCC 12th May

Started by 'The Gaffer', 10, May, 2012, 11:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Invite from Andrew Reeves of the Cotswolds WSCC - Bit late notice I know but if anyone would like to organise a meet with the Westfield crew at Haynes, the offer is there. I plan to share our events with the WSCC and they will be doing the same.

HERE IS THE MESSAGE ---
Dear Area Organisers, We have organised a drive to the HAYNES MOTOR MUSEUM on this coming Saturday the 12th MAY on which the weather is forecast to be very good (at least in the Yeovil area where the museum is)

We have selected a Westie-friendly road route to Haynes motor museum near Yeovil. (www.haynesmotormuseum.com) from the Cotswold area. We then spend time at this wonderful heaven of a museum, having lunch at midday spend more time going through the different halls and drive home, hopefully along another scenic route.

The day will be suitable for partners/her indoors also junior petrol-heads to explore the 12 differently themed exhibition halls. For the older club member you will enjoy the nostalgia of seeing immaculately restored cars, largely done by Haynes own engineers, from the heyday of Britain's motor manufacturing supremacy!  See cars from the 50's and 60's –remember when you drove a Morris 1000 or an MGB or a Riley 1.5? They are all here and many more besides. The museum claims to have over 400 restored cars on show also motorcycles in the 16 exhibition halls.

YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CONSIDER ORGANISING for your MEMBERS A BLAT TO ARRIVE AT THE MUSEUM at about 10.00 a.m. – if we can assemble a party of more than 15 people we can enjoy the favourable group discount rate of £8.95 each and also have our own personal guide – the Curator of the museum!

Do let us know if this appeals to you and if you think you can assemble some members for a really good day out

Richardp

I would like to go to this for sure. It wont be in the kit car, but you cant have everything.

It would also be nice to meet some of the club members.

I'm on call for work this weekend, but will try to make it, though I might have to dash off at short notice.

stupott901

Damn i only visited there a couple of weeks ago after wanting to go for years,

good couple hours out and some really nice cars there, esprcially in the red room,

paintman

Sumov8

I would have loved this but have pre arranged commitments Im affraid :-[ :-[

Moleman

Thanks for the invite but I'm working I'm sorry to say.

Richardp

Unfortunate that I can't make it, due to an un scheduled trip to Poole in Dorset :(