News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

First trackday at Llandow

Started by Moleman, 27, May, 2012, 06:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

All ready to go.

My personal instustor Ken is ready.

Ken showing me what to do.

Then it was my turn.

I had afew cars spin off in front of me, I had afew twitchy moments but always kept it on the track. Though thanks to Dave gallop at track developments for a cracking setup.

Ken always gave me good advice were i'm going wrong after each run.

Then in the afternoon I strarted doing it on my own & I found myself gaining more confidence & my laps seem to get better.

My car was faultless all day. only had to tighten a nut in the fillercap.

I found myself catching & passing alot of cars which was not what I was expecting though I know it's not a race.

I even got my laptimes down to a good time of about 50.44sec timed my Ken in his head so no timing device was used :P
ALL IN ALL IT WON'T BE MY LAST ONE.  :P ;D
Thanks to ken for your help & my brother for taking the pictures.

'The Gaffer'

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like you made great progress. Try an airfield day as well, I particularly liked Abingdon.

fullpint

Looks like you had a great day mate. So you now have the trackday-bug 8)
I must try an airfield one day...

David H

Nice one fella! Good to have the Kenmeister on board!

Lucky Ed

Well done that man!, it's a bit addictive isn't it ;D You'll probably be buzzing for a couple of days if your anything like me ;D ;D ;D

Krazyken

The part that really amused me was Moleman (Colin) taking his brother Jim around and doing a 52-53 sec lap.  I then took Jim out while Colin watched and did a 48 sec lap.  Jim then tells Colin where he was slower and how I took more speed through the corner etc. etc.  With those words of brotherly love still ringing in his ears Colin goes out again and does the now infamous 50.44.

Amazing what a bit of sibling advice can do!!!!

Moleman

Yes you are all right. It is addictive & I do have the trackday bug.
I will definitely like to try it on a airfield when one comes up.

Yes Ken, I did go out thinking I'm sure I can improve my time just to show him. ;D 
but it did stick in my head when you said to go straight over the chicane by going over all three curbs & going wider in the next corner.  ;D