Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My new toy

Started by Hairy Santa, 07, June, 2012, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

new car arrived tuesday in all that rain

havn't had chance to take any photo's as yet but here is a early shot  - first attempt at  variable downforce (front and rear wings on a earlier model )

and for the BMW boys a new more modern grill look

'The Gaffer'

Cant wait to see it Pete, should be quite a beast.

fullpint

Is it Blue?  ;D ;D ;D ;D Looking forward to seeing a pic or two  8)

David H

Moleman

Nice. Your going to have to get another garage soon.  ;D

Hairy Santa

Here is a shot of the new car that Tom took the other day

and a couple Iv'e taken, I'm busy trying to make a tool to undo the wheel spinners at the moment, gonna go to 15 inch wheels, small tyres front and fat tyres on the rear --- and Iv'e spotted loads I can lighten  ;) got to be done

'The Gaffer'

Very nice mate, very clean.

When can I have a go? :)

Sumov8

I see they let you keep the Factory Five Number plate as well, which one now goes in the garage??

Nice car :)

Bulldog Bri

Love it. Queens Sqare on Sunday?

8)

stevel

Absolutely love it Pete and so does Charlie!  Have you managed to sell anything yet to make the space?

fullpint

8) Thats just pure sex  :-*:D :D :D :D :D

YellaBelly

What do you do Pete, rob banks??

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Sumov8 on 09, June, 2012, 07:37:49 AM
I see they let you keep the Factory Five Number plate as well, which one now goes in the garage??

Nice car :)

Yes I like the Plate "HIS FFR" it was left on the car, thought that was a nice touch
I spent all last week clearing out the other workshop so as to have plenty of room for it - bloody hard graft it was

David H

Very very very nice. 

Thats a lump in there! Whats the spec on that there V shaped engine?

Hairy Santa

Quote from: David H on 09, June, 2012, 09:43:51 PM
Very very very nice. 

Thats a lump in there! Whats the spec on that there V shaped engine?

Dont know the spec as yet- but was built by Mr  Huddart -  and its got one mother of a eddolbrooke on top of it  - and you got to hear it throbbing away on tickover, blip the throttle and the whole car lurches from side to side - just love it - twice as loud as any Cob Iv'e had   ;) oh ye its a ford 5.8 small block  - still not as quick as the busa though - he he

dont think I will put it on the road  - just run it up in the Garage  - better than sex by a long way  ;D

Dixie

Dont start fooking with it.  Just drive it and enjoy it. :)

M

David H

You must be joking, there's at least 20g of metal on those split rims that need removing!

That is my favorite of all your cars Pete. Proper gem.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Brilliant piece of kit Pete.... looks well put together.

Daley Down Under

Pete,

Just make sure you tie the car down in the workshop. Get the feeling that it might float away by the time you finished the weight loss project.

Adrian

paintman

Nice one Santa......did you manage to sell any of the fleet!! ;) ;)

Quantum owner

WOW that looks stunning and more unusal than all the cobra reps. Faroux sports cars have just finished a recriaton with a bmw donor that is something im might be intrested in but will have to wait a few years.

stupott901

Very nice pete,

there was a program about the ferrari v cobra wars which showed the daytona's

i like

Dixie

They built the Coupe to win LeMan.  The aero of the Cobra wasn't good above 160MPH, hence the Coupe that made it above 180MPH.

But that was with a driver that didnt eat 2 x breakfasts.  Petes will struggle past 100MPH.

M

paintman

Quote from: Dixie on 13, June, 2012, 12:19:34 PM
They built the Coupe to win LeMan.  The aero of the Cobra wasn't good above 160MPH, hence the Coupe that made it above 180MPH.

But that was with a driver that didnt eat 2 x breakfasts.  Petes will struggle past 100MPH.

M

Lol........ ;D ;D

Grin-a-lot

That looks fantastic, hopefully I'll see it in the flesh sometime soon.

I'm in New Zealand at the moment and reckon a Spectre went past me today...

Hairy Santa

well Iv'e made the spinner undoing tool, recon I can put over 1000 lbs ft of force on now, so no damage to anything 

here it is in use, I have protected the spinners with Lead

and here is how to lose a lot of weight and lower the centre of gravity in one operation  :D

OK maybe not  ;)

fullpint

8) I like the tool Pete.. Very handy, saves knocking off one of those arms on the spinner which Ive seen a few do..

Daley Down Under

Good job Pete - what's first for the lightening treatment or have you started already?

Adrian

Hairy Santa

Hi Adrian

Hope it's all going well your end

got my eye on a few things but havn't started as yet ( want the weight now) if you follow

think I will just start at the front and work my way back  ;)

what luck with your car - ripping the Aussy tarmac up yet ? 8)

Sumov8

Pete

I take it you are fitting your original halibrand knock off's as they are lighter and better looking
so you won't want those old tatty copies??

If the PCD is the same as mine and they fit in my arche's I could exchange a few beer vouchers for them if you are interested.

Failing that I could come over with my file and start working on making it lighter

Car stil looks the Dog's Jewels!!

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 16, June, 2012, 04:46:10 PM
Hi Adrian

Hope it's all going well your end

got my eye on a few things but havn't started as yet ( want the weight now) if you follow

think I will just start at the front and work my way back  ;)

what luck with your car - ripping the Aussy tarmac up yet ? 8)

Pete - still waiting to here back from Dept of Transport. Spire can be made road legal subject to one clarification on the windscreen. It has to be glass so just checking if no windscreen is allowed. Will let you all know final outcome

Adrian

Lucky Ed

The new toy looks stunning Pete - can't wait to see it in the flesh

The wheel changing tools might be a bit bulky for that roadside puncture though ;) ;D

Krazyken

Pete

At last I may be in a position to help you.  My son "Joe Type R" is doing A Level PE and as part of the course is learning all about effective exercise, nutrition and metabolic rate.  To help with "shaving off excess weight" he will be able to write you an exercise program and guide you into a nutritious diet. ;)

Glad to be of help!!  You can thank me by buying me a cooked breakfast while you tuck into some Muesli. :-*

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Krazyken on 18, June, 2012, 09:20:10 PM
Pete

At last I may be in a position to help you.  My son "Joe Type R" is doing A Level PE and as part of the course is learning all about effective exercise, nutrition and metabolic rate.  To help with "shaving off excess weight" he will be able to write you an exercise program and guide you into a nutritious diet. ;)

Glad to be of help!!  You can thank me by buying me a cooked breakfast while you tuck into some Muesli. :-*

Beware  - - my turn will come - already have  Mark (Dixie) in my little black book - now adding your name to the hit list  :-* 

Moleman

That's going to be A massive little black book at this rate. Have you thought about drilling some holes in it to keep the weight down?  :P

Krazyken

Pete

When you of all people state that you are looking at ways of saving some weight, its open season for the rest of us.  :P :-*

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 18, June, 2012, 10:03:34 PM
Beware  - - my turn will come - already have  Mark (Dixie) in my little black book - now adding your name to the hit list  :-*

I predict Croissants at dawn :))

YellaBelly

Remember........

"There can be only one......" :D :D

Grin-a-lot

So it's more pie-lander than highlander I guess!

YellaBelly