News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My New Run Around

Started by alastair, 02, July, 2012, 03:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alastair

I recently bit the bullet and went for it. I've wanted an E46 M3 since they arrived on the scene all those years ago and I am now the very proud and excited owner of one. Don't panic though, I've still got the Mini for track days, shows and general fun.

Now I would Like to appologise to everyone for the horrible wet weather we have had over the past week. This is most likely due to the fact that I bought the convertable (I know, I'm a poser) so sorry in advance for what will be the sh**est summer the UK has ever seen!
It's pretty much standard except for a Miltek exhaust which sounds pretty loud, especially if you give it some. I bl**dy love the sound of an M3! It also came with a colour coded hard top which will be perfect for the winter.

I hope you guys like it. I'd better get back to work now so I can pay to keep the petrol tank full up.

Hope to see you all soon!

stupott901

Nice I have allways liked them as well

David H

Nice... as you already know, I like these cars.

great fun and sound ace although i have no idea what a Miltek sounds like on an M3.

Poser. 8)

You'll never use the mini again! only joking...

Daley Down Under

Nice motor - wonder if anyone else will be buying a Milltek exhaust any time soon?

Hairy Santa

well we both had a look at each others new cars this evening

I know nothing re BMW's but it sure looks the DB's to me  8)

hope your hearing has gone back to normal after starting mine up - he he

Have fun mate

'The Gaffer'

Very nice mate, looks like we might need a BMW section soon :)

fullpint

And you have a PP to go with it.. 
Looks tidy from here mate.  8)

alastair

Quote from: David H on 02, July, 2012, 07:11:24 PM
Nice... as you already know, I like these cars.

great fun and sound ace although i have no idea what a Miltek sounds like on an M3.

Poser. 8)

You'll never use the mini again! only joking...
The Miltek is pretty loud and sounds deep when pottering around, but really comes into its own when you push the happy pedal. It will be interesting to see how it compares to yours.

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 02, July, 2012, 10:35:10 PM
hope your hearing has gone back to normal after starting mine up - he he
My hearing has fully recovered now thanks Pete. Wouldn't like to be one of your neighbours though!
Your car looks stunning, and I've only ever seen a chasis as big as that on a train!!

The plate came with the car and I won't be getting rid of it any time soon. The car was owned by a F1 Red Bull Mechanic before me and "APPARENTLY" Sebastian Vettal has driven it. I am going to do some digging to find out if this is true.

David H

I have a Supersprint on mine with a non res centre but have kept the original back box as i don't like it loud. I just love love love the rasp!!!

alastair

I love the rasp too. Its one of the best noises! Mine does rasp, but only when it goes above 4-5k revs.