+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe track day August!!!!

Started by YZFMINI, 07, July, 2012, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YZFMINI

Anyone interested in track day at :D castle combe the third of august.
130 pounds per car open pit. Message me asap so i can pass numbers and money onto trig of turbo sport
Yzfmini..

Moleman

I would love to but can't do the friday.  :'(
Thanks for the heads up though. :)

YZFMINI

YellaBelly

I can come and give you moral suport if I'm around chap, I only live 5 mins down the road :D

YZFMINI

you could bring you car and put it though a track test b4 the iva!!!!

YZFMINI

If you do come bring you helmet... and ill take you for a spin..
Als shiny red mini is coming as well..

YellaBelly

You obviously haven't seen me trying to squeeze into a mini!!

My test is on 24th July so I should know whether I get to drive it soon or not :o :o

Won't be taking it anywhere near a track until I'm well confident with it anyhow, took too long to build for me to kill it so early on :)

YZFMINI

Where better place to get to know your car... ;)

Grin-a-lot

What's the latest you need to know by?

YZFMINI

I'll find out for you.
I had me and al down but al can now not get the day off.
yzfmini

Krazyken

Colin

I'm interested please put my name down

Dazzer

i'm very interested if i can get the day off work....... :D how many spaces you got left.

YZFMINI

Ok he we go message from trig..

It't only 3 weeks away. Need to know by end of next week and have the money in my hand..
It is a 30 car day only, So giving lots and lots of track time.. but if i don't get numbers then i will have to open it up to all sorts and it will be end up being like the day last september when there were 60 cars in the afternoon and we were queuing for an hour to get on track.. so get in quick so i don't have to do that..
I have 10 space left that will probably fill...

Krazyken

Colin

Do you know what the day is going to be?  If it's 30 cars OPL for the day I will go.  If it's 60 cars with queueing for an hour to get on track then it's not for me.

YZFMINI

With the 4 of us added to the list its only 6 left. And unless people can put their money where their mouth is it will have to be opend up.

Moleman

I can now do friday but I'm away until 19th july. If that is not too late then I can bring some cash over to your house that night? If that is too late or cutting it abit fine then no worrys?
Sorry to mess you about.

YZFMINI

Trig says that is ok. I'll pm u my details..
Yzfmini

YZFMINI

Due to some other promt payments trig has recived, this trackday is now closed..

Hairy Santa

Looks like the weather is gonna be pretty good for you all at the combe tomorow

Think I might pop up and have a nose and of course a breakfast  ;) probably  get a sound test done on the Datona whilst I'm up there

bell me if you need anything   

Daley Down Under

You lucky lot - Combe track day and dry weather

Grin-a-lot

Hope you have a great time, make sure you get some photos and full reports.  I'm off to a funeral so won't be around at all today :(

YellaBelly

Not going to make it chaps :(

Have a great day, and as said, lots of piccies :)

YZFMINI

sorry all had loads of driving time, so no photos. pete turned up in the 104db coupe... with his camera as well see what pics he has...
no major miss haps went out in mini in a short monsoon down poor. that was fun. then dry for the rest of the day.
used some of my new phone apps as well to good effect...
Yzfmini..

YellaBelly

Glad you had a reasonable day for it chaps :)

Waiting for the piccies Pete.....;)

Moleman

My first time out at combe, went out, massive downpour, had to fight the westy to keep it on the track, so came in.
Then went out with colin (Yzfmini) which was really fun. we went through a blind river going down the pitlane. (glad I wasn't in the westy then) Though fairplay to col as he went around trying to see where the track had gone, while i tried to keep the windscreen clear with a sock he had given me.  :o
After that it cleared up really quickly & we had loads of track time for the rest of the day.  ;D ;D ;D

Loved every minute of it & really got the hang of combe now & like col I too forgot to take some pictures.

Hairy Santa

I only stayed a few hours and missed the earlier rain, but plenty of action going on

did try the Datona Cobra at the noise testing but they wern't wearing 104.6 db going on the track -  but I did try, I even promised not to go above 3000 rpm

I was surprized there was no queuing to get on the track and even went out with Colin in his mini, but not really fair on the car with my weight in the passenger seat ( thought I'd get that in before you lot did )

here are a few shots, sorry none on the track

Daley Down Under

Col - front end of the Mini looks very tidy now

Adrian

RobC

Nice to meet you guys :)

Agreed both cars looked good.

Sumov8

Looks like you had the best day, its pouring down now I home and want to take the car out  :(

YZFMINI

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 05, August, 2012, 07:13:51 AM
Col - front end of the Mini looks very tidy now

Adrian
thanks Adrian
it was always ment to look this good. thing is sometimes at trackdays thay dpnt realise im hiding a bike engine underneath and only need to do 4500 rpm... at combe at 9000rpm it was 96db..
col..

Daley Down Under

YZFMINI

Daley Down Under

YZFMINI

did you have sound profing . not easy with bike gine in rear to pass. and if its in front exhast needs to exit rear not side ..to pass at combe. we moved the dax exhaust to the rear and got it from104 to 96....