News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Set up a moveable Sat Dish.

Started by Dixie, 16, August, 2012, 09:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

I have just installed a 90cm moveable offset Sat dish.

Does anyone know a friendly engineer that could set it up for me.  Happy to pay, just need to find someone able to do it for me.

Thanks

Mark

paintman

Try Yellow Pages under Sat Dishes Mark!!!  Lol ;D ;D            (sorry......couldn't help myself) :P

Dixie

you always get one!! :D

'The Gaffer'

It's pretty easy Mark if you are talking Sky. Just get a cheap sat finder off eBay. Point the dish in roughly the right direction and fine tune with the finder

YellaBelly

I always set mine up using a neighbour's as a rough guide, then plug in a portable TV nearby so I can watch it while I adjust the dish. Can be awkward depending where the dish is though :)

This might help http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/locating_the_sky_satellite.htm

Dixie

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 16, August, 2012, 11:30:36 PM
It's pretty easy Mark if you are talking Sky. Just get a cheap sat finder off eBay. Point the dish in roughly the right direction and fine tune with the finder

Its not a simple sky box, its a Eagle box with internet connection to get licence info from oversea's. Hope to use the dish to get 8 differant satelites.

M

Hairy Santa

I have a couple of old SWR setup meters for my old CB radio's if they are of any use - they were for signal strength from memory - probably on the wrong frequency I would have thought

you certainly are going to a lot of trouble just to get a few decent naughty  channels  :o

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 17, August, 2012, 09:13:39 PM

Its not a simple sky box, its a Eagle box with internet connection to get licence info from oversea's. Hope to use the dish to get 8 differant satelites.

M

Is it one of those Linux server internet driven boxes with motor drive? If so you will defiantly need an expert to set that sucker up.

Dixie

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 17, August, 2012, 09:46:41 PM
Quote from: Dixie on 17, August, 2012, 09:13:39 PM

M

Is it one of those Linux server internet driven boxes with motor drive? If so you will defiantly need an expert to set that sucker up.
Yes Phil thats the one.  Internet link to someone in Denmark who supplied the codes.  Cost £70 for 6months unlimited access.