AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Avenue Drivers Club Sun 14 Jul - Guaranteed Dry (sort of)

Started by Grin-a-lot, 02, September, 2012, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

Sprint 7

Hi All, Yes ,I was there parked on the Welsh Back side next the curb if anyone spotted my '7' but the trouble was that I don't really know anyone as I only attended a few of  the Sunday evening meets at the  Lockeeper when I first joined the club. I was spotted by one tall chap who seemed to recognise me as I was leaving the square today, but I really wasn't sure about anyone else .Brian's comment about arranging an area for BKCC seems a great idea, so we would at least be all together .Does the club meet at all these days as it seemed there was a lot of talk about changing venue  but maybe I missed the final decision for a regular one . If we do have a regular meeting place will someone let the cat out of the bag as you all seemed a friendly bunch when I did meet you but as mentioned it was quite a time ago.
Not being critical ,it's just an observation.It was a great turnout with loads if interesting motors to look at on a smashing sunday morning. Perfect  :P

Bulldog Bri

Shame you didn't park in the square, we missed your car as we didn't go out of the square and as to trying to get a space for just our club, on a day as good as yesterday I think we'd all have had to be there from before 8:00  :o

This is really the only regular meet for the club some do meet up at the Riverside in Saltford on a Thursday eve but as the evenings are drawing in now that isn't so popular.

I understand not all can make it on a Sunday eve to a meeting but still would like to have a more dedicated time for the club other than the Queens square venue.

What I'm thinking is something like, the last Sunday of the month (to give a gap from Queens Square) possibly late morning to help those that can't get up early. But also have 3-4 venues around Bristol i.e. North, South, East and West (ish) and alternate with these (details of next meeting highly visible here on the site.

North could be the Parkway Tavern (or somewhere further up the A38 towards Thornbury)
South could be the Travelers Rest just before Pensford
East could still be the Riverside, Saltford (though this is more SE Bristol, maybe move to near Wick on the A420)
West could be somewhere downs or a bit further out (don't know any pubs that way  :-[)

But as it is now we arn't getting to meet new members properly as we are all spred out at the Square and evening meets aren't very well attended.

8)

YellaBelly

Quote from: Sprint 7 on 09, September, 2012, 10:39:00 PM.... I was spotted by one tall chap who seemed to recognise me as I was leaving the square today, but I really wasn't sure about anyone else

Yep, that would be me then :D And we saw your car even if no-one else did chap ;) I thought I recognised it. Looks good!

John

Brian, for North, what about somewhere like the Wishing Well http://www.marstonspubs.co.uk/wishingwell/ at Codrington? The car park is a good size and clearance shouldn't be an issue. It's on the Westerleigh Rd from Pucklechurch. I know there's a couple of our members in that live in that area too.

peterw

Agree with all that bri, for west ,could use the new inn at blagdon, best pub view in the area but does get busy on Sunday lunch.

Bulldog Bri

To Peter, Blagdon is south Bristol, but I'm not looking for nywhere to far out of town.

John, I think a few went up to the pub in Codrington and thought the parking wasn't very good.

I've started a new thread to cover this http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=2246.new#new

8)

Bulldog Bri

Back to original theme of this thread, looking through the Flickr site of photos found this collection a lot are from last Sundays meeting

http://www.flickr.com/groups/theavenuedriversclub2012/pool/

There are quite a few of our members cars there though can't find mine  :'( lol. A good one of Pete's Daytona  ;D

8)

fullpint

How did Pete get both cars up to the Square??
Thats some nice cars and good photos.. Even my car is here  :D :D :D

Sprint 7

Hi Brian  and everyone.You mistook my reply I was in the square(Cos that's where the meet was TE HE!!!) but parallel with Welsh Back.Anyway you missed me but Yellabelly didn't. Cheers chap. :D    :P

Hairy Santa

nice pictures of nice cars, but it does annoy me that they take pictures - without asking - and then slap a copyright on them so so cant download them yourself

bloody nerve

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: fullpint on 11, September, 2012, 04:10:08 PM
How did Pete get both cars up to the Square??

Think these pics are a collection of pics from through out the years meets  ::) Because on some of them the ground is quite wet and some look pretty cold as well. lol

There is another collection of them from 2011 as well

8)

Moleman

Bri yours is on there.
If you click on the photo of my westy you can see your back wheel in the background.  :P :P :P :P

Bulldog Bri

Grin-a-lot

We'll it's looking dry on Sunday and Bri has practically finished Anna's car so what other reason does anyone need to go to Queen Square on Sunday. Who's up for it?  Got to treat every meet like its your last at this time of year!

How about a meet just outside Bristol for a massive kitcar convoy into the square???

Bulldog Bri

I wish it was Anna's car...  :( This is one thats been in the garage for 2 years holding me up. Should have been a quick do-up but didn't work out that way. And it's not even mine.  >:(.

Got a froiend following me down to the square in case of problems, so will just see you guys down there. (if it dry)

8)

Sumov8

Will try and get down this Sunday for a coffee and chat, just hope the grand children sleep in,
at least until I get the car out of the garage :-X

Almondsburyhills

Going to the square sunday, hopefully with the Dutton which is still in the garage on stands since Le mans trip. No speedo yet! all other repairs completed... Saturday prep work hope to be there  :)

YellaBelly

Hope to make it, but the weather forecast doesn't look too promising :(

Has anymore come of a 'convoy' into the square?

Hairy Santa

YellaBelly

Looking at the forecast Pete, I think we'll need more than wellies!

I was going to sell my boat, but not sure what to do now! Might come in handy at this rate.....

Grin-a-lot

It's not looking great for Sunday, I'll keep a little eye on it but its not looking hopeful.

Bulldog Bri

Last night the weather forecast on my phone for Sunday was crap, this morning complete change to a bright sunny day. Lets hope they are right now.  :-\

8)

YellaBelly

I'm sure it will change several times before Sunday!

Any updates on a 'run-in' meet?

Bulldog Bri

Not that I know of, but your welcome to come and watch me cough and splutter my way down in the Gentry if I get it going long enough. Lol.  :D

8)

Grin-a-lot

It looks like we're all the same side of Bristol at the moment so could meet somewhere near Brian and head down?  Yellabelly - I'm down in Coalpit Heath so could meet up and head in from the North, picking Brian up on the way through?

Sure we could tie Almondsbury as well!

Moleman

I will be working this sunday.  Sorry I can't make it.   :'(

fullpint

No can do this weekend.. Grand-parent duties yet again  :)

Sumov8

Any one fancy meeting at the Aldi Carpark (Bradley Stoke)  for 09:30 North Bristol ?

We can then take a run over the downs and along the portway

Steve

Grin-a-lot

I'd be happy with Bradley Stoke, so long as its dry obviously!

YellaBelly

Grin, I could meet up with you on the Badminton Rd I guess (A432)?

This is assuming the weather is with us of course. What time would you be setting off and where would be a good pick-up point?

John

Bulldog Bri

I only going to be driving striaght down from my house to the Square. I've even got a friend following with his Landy incase of breakdown. Lol  ???

8)

Bulldog Bri

Didn't even get out of the garage!!!! puddle of brown oil under the car.... checked the oil level and it came out light brown with water dripping off the dipstick! So p....d of now with this car.

will be going down in the Bulldog still though.  ;D

8)

Almondsburyhills

Will be at Aldi Bradley stoke for 9.30am , weather should be ok  :)

Grin-a-lot

I think me and Yellabelly are meeting near my place and heading to Bradley stoke for 9.30 as well so see you there!

Hairy Santa

Quote from: bulldog bri on 13, October, 2012, 05:44:23 PM
Didn't even get out of the garage!!!! puddle of brown oil under the car.... checked the oil level and it came out light brown with water dripping off the dipstick! So p....d of now with this car.

will be going down in the Bulldog still though.  ;D

8)

thats a bummer  - was looking forward to seeing the motor

Bulldog Bri

Well if you've got any ideas what I can do to it before then, let me know.  ???

8)

robp

Lucky Ed

I'm coming down with Dave Doom, should get there for 9.30 -  looks like a good turn out again 8)

fullpint

:D Well I made it albeit for just over half an hour. God it was a cold run down for me tho.. Frost and fog, brrrrrrrrrrrr
Sorry I didnt have a chance to chat to all of you but had to be back here for noon..

Hairy Santa

Well a great turnout again  - brill to see so many club members present

good weather and good company  - what more could you ask

be nice if the club meets were of the same numbers