AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Avenue Drivers Club Sun 14 Jul - Guaranteed Dry (sort of)

Started by Grin-a-lot, 02, September, 2012, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 14, October, 2012, 12:25:07 PM
Well a great turnout again  - brill to see so many club members present

good weather and good company  - what more could you ask

be nice if the club meets were of the same numbers
And in more of a group, easy to find others then  :)

YellaBelly

Yep,good turnout, and I agree with Pete, be nice if we could get higher numbers at the club meets :)

Definitely cold this morning though, and sooooo glad I fitted the wipers, after I met up with Darren we hit a few good patches of fog, and it would have been entertaining without them :o :o

Grin-a-lot

It was a good meet, thought the fog might've put people off but loads of nice cars there too.

Sorry about the route home Yellabelly, I missed the turn into Henleaze and cuffed it from there! At least there were lots of pretty girls sweating in Lycra to keep us entertained!

fullpint

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 14, October, 2012, 02:08:52 PM
At least there were lots of pretty girls sweating in Lycra to keep us entertained!
So where's the pics ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

YellaBelly

To busy looking to think about piccies mate ;) :D

Don't worry about the wrong turn Darren, still enjoyed the run home. Just be glad when I can sort the rough running out.

Looking forward to the next sunny run  ;D  ;D

Sumov8

Good run down from North Bristol even if we got split up on the way, we managed to end up in the same part of the square,
its obviously a very popular meeting place due to the variety of cars arriving, hence I have added a few pictures to entice others.
Steve

dave_bence

I really enjoyed the meet, good to see so many interesting cars and a good turnout of BKCC members 8)

This was the first time I've managed to get to this meeting - I must make more of an effort next year :-[

shagracer

shagracer

October in the square by shagracer, on Flickr

feel free to delete any that are not you club cars, cheers for now

fullpint

Grin-a-lot

There's some good picture on your Flickr site, you even manage to make my car look clean, thanks!

YellaBelly

Ditto! And you can't see the wrinkles in my car either :D

Sprint 7

:PDidn't anyone spot "The pratt with the hat " then in the photos.Didn't even know I was caught on camera but a good shot of me driving the Hood all the same.Sorry but someone had to say it.

Bulldog Bri

Yeah we saw you and waved out near the Lawrence Hill roundabout as you were heading in to town.  ;D

We must have just missed you with the camera, I did see someone taking photos as we were leaving but think you were waiting for us to go by.  :'(

8)

Grin-a-lot

Well the weather should be ok for Sunday 9th Dec so who fancies Queen's Square this weekend?

It's the last Queens Square run of the year so grab your coats and hats and come on down!!

Any takers?

Bulldog Bri

robp

Yes, planning to go in the Westfield if the weather is OK.

Hairy Santa

sounds good to me

is the cafe gonna be open - just checking  ;)

YellaBelly

I could do with giving the car a run, hasn't been started for weeks!

Weather permitting I'm game.

Darren, you want to meet up at the pub again if it's fine?

Grin-a-lot

Quote from: YellaBelly on 04, December, 2012, 12:05:38 PM
Weather permitting I'm game.

Darren, you want to meet up at the pub again if it's fine?

Sounds good to me, it looks like the rev limiter is coming this time as well - if she can find enough warm clothes anyway!  I cant remember what time we met last time so shall we say - 0900?

YellaBelly

Seems like a plan to me mate :)

Not sure whether Jan will be coming though, this weather causes her mucho problems with her rhumatoid arthritis :( If she doesn't come my eldest offspring might instead.

All being well, see you Sunday morning ;)

Moleman

I won't be there. westy is out of action at the mo. Even if it was ok I prob won't be fit to drive anyway with a saturday night christmas dash.

Sprint 7

Sorry missed this thread. Count me in if the Hood behaves. Running a bit ruff in the week but hope to be there. May even be sporting my new goggles.!!! :P

peterw

Bulldog Bri

Guilty today, I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed then I had the offer of a fry-up for breakfast. ;D Who could refuse that? (Pete)  :P

8)

Grin-a-lot

Well it wasn't like we didn't try - me and Yellabelly got so far as Henleaze and the Locost suffered a broken clutch cable. By the time it was all sorted it was quite late so we headed for home.  It was a bit of a run out so not all bad!

YellaBelly

Thanks again for your help Darren, really appreciate ;)

Sprint 7

Well chaps I didn't get a fry up for breakfast, I don't have a clutch cable to break(wouldn't wish a breakdown on anyone) and the Hood behaved itself really well so I made it to Queens Square for about 11am but spotted NO 7's or familiar faces so after doing 1 circuit,  I pootled orf home Had my photo taken a few times though Ahem!! and a few admiring glances ( I think) or they may have thought -what a daft bugger with a furry flying helmet and jacket in a a'7' Actually thought that I was just too late and missed you all ....still some of us made the effort even if you did have probs.
Best wishes for a Merry Xmas and see you all in the New Year Take care everyone S 7.     ;) ;D :P

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Sprint 7 on 10, December, 2012, 11:04:59 PM
Well chaps I didn't get a fry up for breakfast, I don't have a clutch cable to break(wouldn't wish a breakdown on anyone) and the Hood behaved itself really well so I made it to Queens Square for about 11am but spotted NO 7's or familiar faces so after doing 1 circuit,  I pootled orf home Had my photo taken a few times though Ahem!! and a few admiring glances ( I think) or they may have thought -what a daft bugger with a furry flying helmet and jacket in a a'7' Actually thought that I was just too late and missed you all ....still some of us made the effort even if you did have probs.
Best wishes for a Merry Xmas and see you all in the New Year Take care everyone S 7.     ;) ;D :P

we were there, all 3 of us

YZFMINI

Moleman

I will hope to have this all done & ready for next time.  ??? :D

Sprint 7

Quote from: YZFMINI on 11, December, 2012, 08:14:24 PM
I was there, did walk around with pete and nick.
[/quot
e
Humble apologies you must have been hugging the trees for warmth as it was a bit taters wasn't it .All the best S7. ;)

Grin-a-lot

Well it's that time of the month, anyone Queen Squaring this weekend? It's supposed to be dry (if a bit chilly)!

Bulldog Bri

Only if I can loose the boy for the morning and I can get the car running. Lol, Sob.  :'(

8)

robp

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 05, February, 2013, 11:14:13 AM
Anyone Queen Squaring this weekend? It's supposed to be dry (if a bit chilly)!

Yep. Got MOT now so legit again. 

Moleman

paintman

Dixie and Myself are going to "The South and West Mini Show" at Bath and West Show ground (see post) so can't make it.

YellaBelly

No can do I'm afraid. The car is off the road at the mo, can't afford the tax and I'd sooner make sure she's on the road for the 'summer' :(

Sumov8

Went down to the square this morning in the tin top, a few of the clubs turned up despite the rain but didnt stay for long,
a quick coffee a lap of the square then home again,

Roll on the summer and some dry weather!!