AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Haynes Rare Breeds Car Show Sunday 2nd. Sept.

Started by paintman, 12, August, 2012, 11:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintman

Was passing the Haynes Motor Museum today and noticed they were advertising The Rare Breeds car show.  Several Kit Car Clubs exibit, was wondering if there was any interest and anyone fancies going on Sunday 2nd Sept.

Tony

peterw

Krazyken

Tony

That's the same weekend as the new Donington Kit Car Show run by CKC Magazine, so I guess for those not going to the show this event will be a reasonable alternative.

Sumov8

Would love to go to either event but will be on holiday for two weeks

Moleman

If I can't do dodington I would at least like to go to this one weather permitting.  I can give you a definite answer closer to the date if that is ok?
Do you know if you are definitely going yet Tony?

Dixie

Tony

I get back from holiday late Saturday afternoon.  But I hope to be there.

Ta M

paintman

Quote from: Moleman on 16, August, 2012, 10:15:32 PM
Do you know if you are definitely going yet Tony?

All being well i'll be going with Dixie and Stupott but let u know on the saturday.....weather permitting of course.

Tony

Moleman

I have just rang the organizer of this event to find out if we could turn up & join in into the show.
I was told you need to fill in a entry form to do this but when I expained I wouldn't be able to give numbers until closer to the date as weather is a important factor with our cars.
So they very kindly said I could let them know the friday before, (can do sat before but that is cutting it fine for them so would prefer friday) Then they can issue our cars with a number which means we can turn up on the day, get your number & join the show which also means we get in for free but you pay a discount fee for your passenger. 

So if anyone who thinks they will be going can you post you will be going & what car you are taking on friday 31st by lunch time ish & I can let them know. (even if the weather turns crap after you say you are going & deside not too because of the weather you won't have to pay anything if you don't turn up).

I will post a reminder during the week before that sunday & perhaps then  we can arrange some meeting points to go down there  together if you like?  8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Griff

Very interested.......... Good job on getting the weather clause!

paintman

Well done, let you know on the Friday. ;)     Tony

Moleman

Just A reminder for anyone not going to dodington this weekend.

Can you give me your name & car for the free admitance into this show by friday.      i.e Colin = westfield sport 2000. (me)
The route for me is easy I will be heading into town then down the A37, A371 then A359 so I'm open to options where people want to meet up on route down there?
If you want to pm your details rather than on here then no probs.
I'm thinking of heading off about 8 which means I will be going through town about 8.15 with a veiw to get there about 9.30ish. Again i'm open to discussion on times.
If you want to meet down there & go under your own steam then you can pm me & I can give you the organizers details along with my mob incase you get any probs.

paintman

Myself, Dixie, Stupott and I think Griff are coming.   We will convoy down together.....anyone local to us (Somerset or Wiltshire) is welcome to join us if they PM me.

Can't see us being down there before 10a.m. at the earliest......hope the weather is kind to us!!! ::)

Tony:  Robin Hood s7
    Mark:  Dax Cobra
    Stewart:  Cobra

Griff???

Griff

Griff here, present and correct....   :)

Griff - Stuart Taylor Locost

Moleman

I have entered you guys in the show. We will have a car number to get in for free (passenger at a lower cost) & they will issue that when you turn up. The numbers also are a designated parking spot in the show, Which are all together. so we are guaranteed a parking space together even if we turn up at different times. They have also left us some more spaces for anyone still thinking of going. So if anyone else is interested let me know soon.  :D

If you guys who have put your name down are all going down together then I can pm one of you the details of who to contact for your car numbers  when you get there along with my mob if that helps?
We are down as Bristol Kit Car Club & we are also in the programme but they still are ok if you don't want to go due to weather.  :-\

If anyone is going from bristol & would like to go down in convoy let me know? I think I am the only one though   :'( so hopefully I will me you there at some point.  ;D

Dixie

I will be there as Paintman has already said.

I will be there 11ish.  Only just got back from 10 days in Ibiza.  Knackered.

M