News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

How much to delivery a car?

Started by fullpint, 17, November, 2012, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

I'm on the look out for a little Suzuki 4x4 Jinmy for the wife. X-mas present.. Found one in Faringdon (just off the A420) and need it delivered to my works address in Sells Green (SN12 6RJ) but need to know roughly how much it would cost. Any idea's?
Dont wont to drive the 40 miles to view it only to find out its gonna cost a fortune to get it here..

'The Gaffer'

Is it not drivable? Cheaper to take a mate to drive it back if so?

fullpint

Its taxed and mot'd.. Trouble is although I'm fully comp the law is tricky.
Once a car is signed over then you are not covered by there insurance as 3rd party. Therefore I would be driving without insurance cover.. If it was for me I would simply make a call and get cover on the day..
Just noticed people on EBay offer a service for £1/mile!! That could be a plan I guess..

Griff

I've used the RAC (not a member) for short-term insurance to purchase vehicles before; works well.
Typically £19 for a day, £30 for 2 and £40 for 3 days; a bit cheaper than a fine!

http://www.rac.co.uk/insurance/day-insurance/

fullpint

SORTED!!! Broke the golden rule, AGAIN!!! The seller emailed me more photos and she then offered to drive it to my unit if I was willing to pay the asking price.. So I said yes  :o
Done the same when I purchased the Mk Indy.
Turns out she was a very nice young lady and even here Dad could not believe I purchased the car with out seeing it. I even handed her the money this morning and didnt even take it down the road for a drive.. Mind you she drove it from her house and it took over an hour so if it made it that far its fine with me  :D
So now I need to tart up the wheels (like you do  ;D), give it a good wash 'n' wax and wait for Christmas..
Do need to buy a few rolls of wrapping paper tho..
Cracking little car with only 32K on the clock, FSH 2 old lady's from new plus the woman who sold it to me. Wife should love-it!!!

YellaBelly

Nice one Steve. MEGGA smarty points there ;)

Daughter bought a car off eBay the other week, Peugeot 306 Meridian, took the risk and bid on it before we'd seen it but it looked the business. At least if we had got there and it was a shed we could have refused to pay as it was 'not as described'. As it happens it's a peach, 2000 Reg. 12,000 miles and still smells like new, lovely little motor :)

As for the wheels on your wife's motor, ever thought about girly sparkly? :D

fullpint

12K  8) I thought I done good with 32K, sounds like a cracking car mate.
As for the wifes wheels!! Shes not into the girly colours but she will like the Gold... I HOPE ;)
BTW its a Jimny in Gloss Black..

peterw

Looks like you could be in for a good reward Christmas night then !!!!! :-*

fullpint

May let her have it (car that is  :D) on the 7th.. Thats our 21st wedding anniversary.. Call it a joint present, that will save be having to buy any flowers..