News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Van insurance renewal

Started by Almondsburyhills, 12, February, 2013, 01:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almondsburyhills

Hi All, never accept an insurance renewal straight away, just phoned querying my renewal this year £54 was knocked off straight away, as i stated was going to search the web..
Happy days  :)

fullpint

:( May be I should get a van again and pop a GRX1000 lump in it after its insured  ;D ;D
Good to hear positive news on an insurance renewal for a change  8)

robp

Hairy Santa

Nice one, I will give you a bell, perhaps you could do the same for mine  ;) 

paintman

I thought i saved £150 on my van insurance through a company on "Compare the Market com" web site, when they sent through the paperwork i noticed they had missed the wifes little "problem" with a post in a car park.

I phoned them and reported their error and was rewarded with the news that the premium had now gone up by £120 :o

No problem i thought, take her name of the policy......now we have 1 driver with a clean license and no claims.......outcome?.............goes up £180!!!?????? :o :o

I told them to stuff it...... went back to my original company and hagged a £50 reduction on my renewal price.

I just can't work out how insurance companies come up with a quotation????

Moleman

Them posts can be such buggers! always moving in the way when your not looking.  :P
It does seem to be very random these days hearing other guys storys on here.  :o
Not forgetting all women car insurance is going up this year due to some new ruling about sex discrimination on insurance, so you can't get discount for women drivers now.  ::)

'The Gaffer'

What van insurance do you guys use? I have been using CVD for years but they can be a bit crafty and I fancy a change.

paintman

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 12, February, 2013, 11:43:19 PM
What van insurance do you guys use? I have been using CVD for years but they can be a bit crafty and I fancy a change.

I got it through DirectChoice.com.....seem a friendly and competitive with a uk call centre......never had a claim thou! ;) 

Almondsburyhills

Ive used Budget insurance last couple of years for a connect van, originally through the meerkat search... the misses car last year knocked off loads at renewal (removing breakdown cover also), this paid for the car tax for a year. i always query now it pays too :0)