Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Dyrham Park + Pictures (Merged)

Started by Moleman, 10, May, 2013, 08:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

DYRHAM PARK FOR FATHERS DAY

After the Ashton Court let down plan B was put in action. I have contacted Dyrham Park to see if we can do the same sort of thing?
i.e. park our cars in front of the mansion house for the day & have a picnic with a nice photo opportunitly & use there cafe for a coffee & cake.

They have come back to me & said
              "We would really love some cars to be parked infront of our mansion house for Fathers day & haven't had much joy in getting anyone interested! If you could do this for us then we would be most greatful & anyone who does come in there car will get FREE ENTRYto the park all day."  :o 8) :o 8) :o 8) :o 8) ;D

They have 17th-century mansion, garden and deer park, with shop, cafe & 270 acres (110 hectares) of ancient parkland to walk around if you wish.  :)
Sorry no dogs! allowed due to the wildlife on the park.  :(

If we can't do fathers day then they will keep Sunday August the 25th free for us but we will have to pay the entry fee but will still be allowed to park infront the mansion house all day.

We would have to arrive together so they can let us drive through the estate to the Mansion house in convoy, where we would be met by the duty manager to park on the gravel drive.  8)
We will be able to leave when we wish as they will be able to let us out another exit by the mansion house which is not used by the public.  :)

We are allowed up to 25 cars but if I get 10 then I will be happy.  :D I need to tell them very soon so please make up your minds really quickly & let me know A.S.A.P. please
I will arrange meeting points later on i just need to know if you can do fathers day or 25th august.
Fathers day ain't far off but it is FREE, but 25th August is ok with me but you will have to pay if your not a Nation trust member. but we will get a group booking.
Forgot to say. Fathers day is on the 16th June if you didn't know  :D

Grin-a-lot

That's a great effort Colin and nice to see them showing more interest than Ashton Court.  You can count me in!

'The Gaffer'

Well done Colin.

Speedy and me are interested in this one for the Fathers Day.

YellaBelly

Typical! We're in Austria for 4 days that weekend :( - so 25th August would be good for us ;)

Great work Colin, but just as a side, please change the yellow lettering, it's making my retinas hurt! ;) :)

Moleman

I didn't mension that the 1st option on fathers day is the 16th june, so I have amended it now.  :-[

Quote from: YellaBelly on 10, May, 2013, 09:39:12 PM
Typical! We're in Austria for 4 days that weekend :( - so 25th August would be good for us ;)

Sorry to hear this mate. I'm hoping fathers day will be on as it's cheaper for everyone but if not then it will be 25th August.  :)
PS I thought you of all people would be ok with yellow?  :P

Grin-a-lot

Since it's a fathers day display thing what if I knock up a template on BKCC headed paper about the car, engine spec etc to give the general public something to read.

You can fill in the form and I'll print & laminate them.

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 11, May, 2013, 07:04:33 AM
Since it's a fathers day display thing what if I knock up a template on BKCC headed paper about the car, engine spec etc to give the general public something to read.

I Like the idea of this Darren, would there be room for a few build pic on this as well  ::)

You can count us in on this day out, sounds great. Plus I've never been there before  :-[ (Fathers Day for us)

8)

WALNUT

You can count me in.
                                Tony

'The Gaffer'

Excellent Idea.

Moleman

Sounds good to me Darren. It's looking like father's day it is. Just need afew more cars.  :)

Hairy Santa

I'm up for this  -

what are the breakfasts like  :D ;D

Sumov8

Sorry chaps off to London for the week, but sounds a great idea. :'(

Grin-a-lot

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 12, May, 2013, 02:00:35 PM
I'm up for this  -

what are the breakfasts like  :D ;D

"Expensive" is my guess..!

Moleman

People going so far
                       1,   Moleman
                       2,   Grin-alot
                       3,   The gaffer
                       4,   Speedy J
                       5,   Wallnut
                       6,   Bulldog Bri
                       7,   Anna
                       8,   Hairy santa
                       9,   ?
It will be going ahead for Father's day 16th June. Anyone else fancy a free day out at a National Park Estate At Dyrham Park? 

Moleman

This is a nice touch which we could do a standard template for people to use.
What would be good on the template that could be good for all types of cars? Has anyone done one before? If so can you please put it on here to give me some idea to draw one up? or what you would like on it?  ;D

Dyrham Park are fine with what time we turn up but would rather it be in the morning. They open at 10am & would like us to be there by then but that may be abit early for some? I'm thinking we could meet up at the Griffin Inn car park on the A420 or the White Harte pub car park just abit further on for 10am?
If this is too early please let me know on here or by PM.  :)

Still plenty of spaces left, anyone else like a free day out at a Nation Park estate? 8)

Moleman

This is where we will be going. We will be parked on the gravel area infront of the house.  :)

'The Gaffer'

Very nice. Come on folks get your names down for this one.

Perhaps a practising pro camera person would like to come along as well?

Moleman

If we get no takers for Photo taking Phil then my girlfriend has done some courses with hers as a backup?

Still looking for surggestions for what you would like as a template guys?  :)

Plenty of spaces left aswell. It would be nice to get a good range of kit cars for this one?   8)

Grin-a-lot

I'm half handy with a camera so happy to bring my camera & tripod along.

I'll have a think about a template & put an example on the site for comment.  That'll be a good starter for 10.

Moleman

foggy

Farthers day 16 June  I can make this one

Moleman

People going so far
                       1,   Moleman
                       2,   Grin-alot
                       3,   The gaffer
                       4,   Speedy J
                       5,   Wallnut
                       6,   Bulldog Bri
                       7,   Anna
                       8,   Hairy santa
                       9,   Foggy
                      10,  ?
Anyone else fancy a free day out at a National Park Estate At Dyrham Park? 

Hairy Santa

Quote from: foggy on 15, May, 2013, 09:53:18 AM
Farthers day 16 June  I can make this one

I thought you had left the country, aint seen you for so long  ;)

paintman

I would be interested but i don't know about Dixie and Stupott.....but we won't be staying all day, is that a problem?

Tony

Moleman

The only thing they ask is that we have to turn up together as they will have to co-ordinate us driving down the long driveway to the house when their internal bus is at one of the stops as the driveway is only one vechicle width wide.
We will be able to leave whenever we wish as once we are down there they can let us out another gate next to the house. Which they will show us once we park up. :)
So that will be absolutley fine mate.  :)
So let me know when you deside mate & if the 10am meet is ok with you guys coming up from the south?.  :D

It would be good if dixie or stupott could make it as I haven't had any cobra guys up for this yet.  ;)

WALNUT

If anyone cant make the meeting point, they could wait in the top car park, and just tag on when we arive
                                                                                                                                                                        Tony

Moleman

That will be absolutley fine but please let me know so we ain't waiting for you at the meeting point & to make sure you we can look out for you before we drive down.  :)

paintman

Quote from: WALLNUT on 15, May, 2013, 09:58:41 PM
If anyone cant make the meeting point, they could wait in the top car park, and just tag on when we arive
                                                                                                                                                                        Tony

Yes, this would make more sense as we will be coming in via Bath. ::) ;)

Moleman

People going so far
                       1,   Moleman = meeting point 10am.
                       2,   Grin-alot =
                       3,   The gaffer =
                       4,   Speedy J =
                       5,   Wallnut =
                       6,   Bulldog Bri =
                       7,   Anna =
                       8,   Hairy santa =
                       9,   Foggy =
                      10,  Paintman =
                      11,  ?
Please let me know if you will be at the meeting point at 10am or At the main gate at 10.30am. thanks.  :)
Anyone else fancy a free day out at a National Park Estate At Dyrham Park?  :)

WALNUT

I will be at meeting point
                                       Tony

Sprint 7

As I gave Colin the idea about Dyrham  Park,  I guess I'd better make the effort  :P :P :P SO; ok count me in , I'll be there ;D .Just hope the weather smiles on us. If it does it'll be a great PR exercise in a place that knocks Ashton Court into touch .Been  there many times and it really is a cracking place. The loo's are just through  a gate next to where we'll be parked and the cafĂ© serves nice grub but as it's NT. a bit on the dear side, so for any tightwads going ,best take a packed lunch. Will meet at the meeting place wherever it is or at the gate as it's only a 20 min run for me. 8)

Bulldog Bri

We'll be at the meeting place for 10. C ya there.  ;D

8)

Moleman

People going so far
                       2,   Grin-alot =
                       3,   The gaffer =
                       4,   Speedy J =
                       5,   Wallnut = meeting point 10am.
                       6,   Bulldog Bri = meeting point 10am.
                       7,   Anna = meeting point 10am.
                       8,   Hairy santa =
                       9,   Foggy =
                      10,  Paintman =
                      11,  Sprint 7 = meeting point 10am.
The meeting point will be in the Griffin Inn car parkBridgeyate. on the A420.

Please let me know if you will be meeting point 10am or At the main gate at 10.30am. thanks. 

Anyone else fancy a free day out at a National Park Estate At Dyrham Park? 

Grin-a-lot

People going so far
                       2,   Grin-alot =meeting point 10am
                       3,   The gaffer =
                       4,   Speedy J =
                       5,   Wallnut = meeting point 10am.
                       6,   Bulldog Bri = meeting point 10am.
                       7,   Anna = meeting point 10am.
                       8,   Hairy santa =
                       9,   Foggy =
                      10,  Paintman =
                      11,  Sprint 7 = meeting point 10am.

I've started work on the fact-sheet idea, here's a picture of the first design just as a starter for 10 so comments welcome!

Moleman

That looks good mate, though I'm not sure what all my Bhp's are on mine. I will have to find out. ::) :D but people can customise there's to suit & put in info thats more fitting to there car.  :)

Bulldog Bri

Like it a lot Darren, are you able to print these up or us then?

8)

Grin-a-lot

Yeah I'll figure out a way of sending you all the actual document, you can add whatever facts/photos etc you want and then I'll print and laminate them.

Just have a think about what fun facts people might be interested in and a mix of build/runout/track photos etc to get people interested.

'The Gaffer'

I think it would be a good idea to add just a little info about the club and the web address? How about....?

The Bristol kit car club was formed in 2009 and welcomes Kit Car or Sports Car owners and enthusiasts.

www.bristolkitcarclub.co.uk

To make life easier - For those that dont know how to add pictures I would probably just choose 4 generic club pics maybe from the gallery including one sportscar maybe ?

Nice job by the way, looks good. It you email me the document I can post it as a downloadable attachement if you like. People can fill it in and email it back to you? They should PM you for your email address though.

Grin-a-lot

All the above sounds good, I'll make the changes & send it to you for uploading.

I'll chose a range of pictures and add them as standard to represent the club; if people want to go to the effort of adding their own instead then that's fine too!

I'm chopping wood today an Star Trek tonight but will probably get it done tomorrow.

paintman

Wife said she was coming.....anyone else bringing their other half?

She's on about bringing a picnic......could be good if the weather is kind. ::) 8) 8)

Tony