News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

anyone fancy a fast westfield

Started by Hairy Santa, 19, February, 2014, 10:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

Iancider

Very tempted - just £38k short of the asking price! :o ???

Daley Down Under

Pete - I think fast is a bit of an understatement  :o

'The Gaffer'

Fantastic well specced car with a lot of work done, but £38.5K? Am I missing something?

Moleman

Looks really nice. But I'm sure there are a other kits out there that are just as quick or really close to it? without that price tag?  ???

garry h

Did see this the other day thought nice car shame about the price  :D :D

benchmark51

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 20, February, 2014, 10:39:24 AM
Fantastic well specced car with a lot of work done, but £38.5K? Am I missing something?

Yeah, probably. A fully kitted out race car transporter!!  :D :D

SPAXIMUS

There were two guy's on the WSCC site who built two almost identically speced cars. To buy everything new as they did, it was claimed to be over £55k in parts plus set up costs etc. They are both insanely fast, but incredilbly well engineered. I suppose they were fortunate they could afford the cost and will stuggle to get back a fraction of the spending.

Would I buy it? No the choice is huge for that sort of money, Radicals etc are well within budget at that level, would I love to own it? hell yes but you need to be specially taleneted to use the level of performance that gives and it would just be about having the best toy.

Never met the two guy's but they are said to be tow of the most generous guy's who let others have rides etc at any time they are out

Hairy Santa

it's back on ebay -- bid now at £14600

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281268692681?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

the gearbox is £4.5k on its own

Iancider

And the lucky new owner bought it for £15,800!  8).  A good match for the Aeriel atom at 1/3 of the price. :P

Nope, wasn't me though. Shame.

Ian

robp

Quote from: Iancider on 27, February, 2014, 10:08:42 PM

A good match for the Aeriel atom at 1/3 of the price. :P

1/3 the price?  The only Atom that can match that Westfield is the V8 model and that's £150k!  ;D ;D

Hairy Santa

it didn't sell

Its back on again for £38K

that's 3 separate auctions so far

'The Gaffer'

andylaurence

Bulldog Bri

That one has been on Ebay several time recently,  Btw.  Welcome to the club Andy, feel free to introduce yourself and be greeted in the usual way. :P

8)

'The Gaffer'

andylaurence

I spoke to the owner of the Dax at the weekend and it sold on Friday.  I had the privilege of driving it last year and it's a proper hooligan's car.  Wheelspin in the first 3 gears in a straight line in the dry.  Driving it quickly is all about getting the right amount of opposite lock on!  An absolute blast and the complete opposite of my car, which has very little power (GSXR1000) and lots of grip (slick tyres and downforce).  My driving technique is to clip the apex, wind off a few degrees of lock and stamp on the throttle - it just hooks up an goes in my car, but it'd throw you off the track in that Dax.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: andylaurence on 01, April, 2014, 08:37:12 AM
I spoke to the owner of the Dax at the weekend and it sold on Friday.  I had the privilege of driving it last year and it's a proper hooligan's car.  Wheelspin in the first 3 gears in a straight line in the dry.  Driving it quickly is all about getting the right amount of opposite lock on!  An absolute blast and the complete opposite of my car, which has very little power (GSXR1000) and lots of grip (slick tyres and downforce).  My driving technique is to clip the apex, wind off a few degrees of lock and stamp on the throttle - it just hooks up an goes in my car, but it'd throw you off the track in that Dax.

Sound like a hoot ;D Please feel free to post some pics up of your car.