News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Thursday night club meet.

Started by Moleman, 31, July, 2013, 10:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprint 7

Sorry , can't make it after all as I have band practice for a gig on Sat so I'd better go,  instead of driving the '7' DOH!!!   :( :(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Sprint 7 on 02, October, 2013, 10:38:52 PM
Sorry , can't make it after all as I have band practice for a gig on Sat so I'd better go,  instead of driving the '7' DOH!!!   :( :(

What do you play, just interested as I used to play a lot.

Cant make meet, have not had time to MOT the car.

YellaBelly

I used to play the drums years ago :) Now I just play up! :D

WALNUT

I used to play a bit myself, but they told me Id go blind so I stoped.
                                                                                          Walnut

YellaBelly

Almondsburyhills

Moleman

Not many of us turned up today, but considering the weather was not looking good then I don't blame you.
But some off us made it in our kits & the weather stayed dry.  :o ;D

Also paid the meal deposits so i have booked the conservatory just for us.  ;D

Sprint 7

I play drums in a covers band named Mixed Bag I know that you play(ed) bass Phil as we had had  this discussion before when I first joined the club. ::) ::)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Sprint 7 on 04, October, 2013, 02:13:48 PM
I play drums in a covers band named Mixed Bag I know that you play(ed) bass Phil as we had had  this discussion before when I first joined the club. ::) ::)

Sorry, head like a sieve , that was over 2 1/2 years ago though. Hope the band is doing well 8)

YellaBelly

Wow! The club's been going that long? Seems like only yesterday we had that first meet.......

:D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 05, October, 2013, 08:39:44 AM
Wow! The club's been going that long? Seems like only yesterday we had that first meet.......
:D

Actually JB, the club has been going since March 2009 4-1/2 years ago ;D Sprint joined us 2-1/2 years ago.

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!!

Moleman

Anyone going this thursday eve meet then?
I will be there if anyone wants to give me some xmas meal money?
Even if it's raining! Though I will be in my bigger yellow vehicle if it is raining?  ::)

Moleman

Is it just me & walnut then? :)
If so I will just pop round yours for a cup of tea then tony?  :P

WALNUT

LOL that will be fine by me, dont really want to go out.

Hairy Santa

I'm game as long as its not pissing down, but not gonna know till the day are we

YZFMINI

You never know i might even make it...!!! :o

YZFMINI

Ah      maybe not just discoverd were having an office party in the office starting at 3pm..
but you never know.... i'll try to get to this or queens square as not been out for a while and just fitted new clutch pads and changed the oil and filter..

Iancider

I'm up for it if anybody is going to show.  I'm prepared to offer a free pint to all-comers - presuming I will get change out of a tenner then ;D.  So if somebody makes a commitment I'll be there.  Name a time and I'll double the attendance myself!

Yo Ian

Hairy Santa

looks like 5 now gonna show, any other takers  ;)

been praying to the rain god all day - fingers crossed their listening

Moleman

I will be there 7-7.30pm. if it rains then it will be in the van.  ::) :)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Moleman on 07, November, 2013, 04:29:32 PM
I will be there 7-7.30pm. if it rains then it will be in the van.  ::) :)

Rain whats that " I have been in contact with the rain god and had all that wet stuff put off until tomorrow" I'm that confident I'm gonna be running the Dax  :D

anyone else up for this CLUB meet   

WALNUT

Almondsburyhills

I will be there in the misses car :) with Steve

fullpint

Rain whats that " I have been in contact with the rain god and had all that wet stuff put off until tomorrow" I'm that confident I'm gonna be running the Dax  :D

anyone else up for this CLUB meet
[/quote]
Should move it to the Rudloe Hall Hotel, I would come ever every month, 5 min walk from my house  ;D ;D ;D
No rain Pete so you will be dry in the Dax..

Moleman

Went to leave & it's pissing down here!  >:(
So plan B the van.  :( Just got outside & North Bristol is a flipping car park! ???
Going to give it 10 more mins then I will head out. Should be there by 7.30.  ::) :)

Moleman

Turned out to be a nice meet in the end.  ;D   6 turned up. 1 even in their open topped kit car.  :o ;D

Hairy Santa

well that's the last time I have anything to do with that rain god  :-[

6 o'clock got car out of garage, shut the doors and walked down to the house, you guessed it, it pissed down  >:(

only lasted 15 minutes, so still had fun, no rain at Saltford at all so turned out OK in the end  :)     

Almondsburyhills

A good evening, great company.
A little cold stood outside though, i should have taken the Dutton would have had more layers on  8)
A suggestion the Lock keeper for winter month meets as they have umbrellas and heaters outside.

WALNUT

That suggestion sounds good to me.

MOZZY

Sorry guys ,will be out of action for a month due to hospital op, but I would endorse suggestion of Lockkeeper venue. If not before , see you all at Xmas bash

WALNUT

Hairy Santa

Hope all goes well John, see you at the meal

I don't mind where the meets are for the winter, but would be nice to see a few more faces turn up  :P 

Moleman

Best wishes John.
I don't mind either. It does look like it may be just same few guys anyway over the winter.  ::)

YellaBelly

Bulldog Bri

Good luck John, From Me and Anna.  ;D

8)

Moleman

Who is up for this thusday's club meet?

This thursday it will be at the Lockkeeper as they have outdoor heaters so i'm told.

Even if the weather is crap come in the tintop & say hi.  :D

Sumov8

Hairy Santa

Moleman

Hairy Santa

anyone would think you were a member of a car club the way you ask that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D