Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Celebrating The Great British Sportscar. Combe

Started by Moleman, 01, December, 2013, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Bristol Motor Club will be Celebrating The Great British Sportscar at castle combe.

This was a good event last year but this time it is a month later, with lots off atractions, cars & things to do. With a added bonus of being able to drive your car on the track without a helmit or noise test.  :)

I will be organising a club stand like last year & will give you more information about the day when I have it.

So put this one in next years dairy! ;D

27 July 2014. ;D

WALNUT

Almondsburyhills

I will be interested for this event, put me down on the list  :)

Dixie

paintman

Iancider

Bulldog Bri

Oh Yes!, said a certain Bulldog. We'll be there.

8)

Sumov8

benchmark51

I'll go for this one, who knows might have a roof by then! :P :P

fullpint

Robert

Thanks for the kind invitation, can you put me down? Cheers

Sprint 7

freedom 1

Moleman

Bristol Motor Club will be Celebrating The Great British Sportscar at castle combe.

OK. who is up for this one?

I will give you more information when I get it.   :)

please put your name down here & I will sort out club parking spaces.  :)

1, Moleman
         2, Walnut
         3, Almondsburyhills
         4, Dixie
         5, SpeedyJ
         6, The Gaffer
         7, Paintman
         8, Iancider
         9, Bulldog Bri
       10, Pilgrim Anna
       11, Sumov8
       12, Benchmark51
       13, Fullpint
       14, Robert
       15, Sprint 7
       16, freedom 1

Moleman

Here is the information of this event from Bristol motor club  :)

2014 – Celebrating The Great British Sportscar

As you may have already heard, this year the Family Sportscar Day organised by the Bristol Motor Club as part of the Dick Mayo Sprint weekend is being held on Sunday 27th July at Castle Combe Race circuit.  Hopefully the two events will combine to make an enjoyable weekend of motor sport, and with rumours of a hot summer, maybe it will have arrived by then!

In this our third year of running the event we've decided to adopt a more general theme and will be celebrating The Great British Sportscar, but as 2014 is also the 60th anniversary of Bristol Cars taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in class at Le Mans, and because of the local connection, we would also like to celebrate this and extend our invitation to include them in this event.  Alongside the Bristol Cars we would like to see all makes of British Sportscars, both old and modern.  As in previous years we would also be pleased to see any sports, GT and touring cars, whether production, kit or replica, just as long as they are road registered.

Perhaps one of the biggest attractions of this event is that we are able to offer parade laps of the legendary Castle Combe circuit. There will be three on track sessions, one in the morning and two in the afternoon, held under a pace car, at modest speed so no special safety clothing or helmets are required.  What's more you can even take passengers, so if your car has enough space, the whole family can experience a few laps of this great circuit.  Entry to the event is free to spectators and anyone just wishing to display their vehicle, with a small charge of £14.00 per car for track access, payable in advance.  This fee covers all three on-track sessions, which I'm sure you'll agree is a bargain for such a unique experience at a fantastic venue.

As well as the static display of vehicles and the action taking place on the track there will also be competitions for all, and if you don't fancy driving around the circuit then why not bring the family's bikes and cycle around it during the lunch break – a unique experience I'm told!  The Tavern restaurant will be open all day for snacks, drinks and cooked meals so you won't go hungry.  The event has become noted for its friendliness, safety and informality, and its generally non-commercial nature, so if you're a car enthusiast this really is a day not to be missed.  The only thing I can't guarantee is the weather!

If you'd like to bring a car to display, please download and complete the entry form below and post it - with a cheque for £14.00 if you're taking the parade laps option - to me, the Event & Entries Co-ordinator.  If you don't have a cheque book but use online banking please email me (details shown below) for the bank transfer details.  Bristol Motor Club members may use Reward Points for full or part payment of the track access fee.  No payment is required if you are just displaying your car.

Please pass on this information to any friends, fellow club members etc, who have suitable cars as it would be great to see them as well.  As we are offering more on track sessions this year numbers will be limited, so make sure you get your entry in soon, and certainly no later than Fri 18th July.

Entry Form - please print and complete
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/89ac6f3dcd17be051ee1fc4c7/files/BSD_2014_Car_entry_form.pdf

So can everyone who would like to go to this one please down load the FORM or you won't get in.

Don't forget to send a cheque with this form only if you would like to do the parade laps which can be really good if you haven't driven the circuit before.

Not forgetting to put our club down on the form.

Any problems please let me know.
Colin.  :)

Moleman

Ok for those who want to go to this please click on the link & fill in & send off the form.
Please put down that you are from B.K.C.C. so they know you will be parking in our club parking spaces.

This is free unless you want to get the chance to drive your car around the circuit then you will have to send a cheque for £14.

You need to do this by 18th July

Please let me know on here when you have sent the form off thanks.

for the form click on this link.  http://gallery.mailchimp.com/89ac6f3dcd17be051ee1fc4c7/files/f6b17e68-ea00-427a-b1f5-7c636f9b2d4b.pdf

Thanks Colin.

WALNUT

Colin, Iv been clicking away and cant get the form up

Moleman

That is strange mate. I just tried it & it worked for me. I even tried it when I'm not logged in. It did take a while though. I will forward it to your email adress mate?

Email sent.  ;D

If this don't work for anyone else please let me know.  :)

benchmark51

I opened it ok. Bit basic but has Walnut got adobe installed ?

WALNUT

Its prob. me don't get on with my comp. since I changed my comp. to windows 8 I will keep on trying

Bulldog Bri

Worked fine for me as well. Printed, filled in and sent off :P

8)

WALNUT

Printed form, it helped when I connected printer to comp.   ...............LOL

Moleman

I know what you mean mate. I'm lucky enough to have my own personal computer expert to help me with these things.  ::) ;D

fullpint

:( To much work not enough play!!!!!!!! What with the tax year end and going Limited plus Im looking into moving to a bigger place.. All this means I have been behind on keeping an eye on meets!! Form NOT printed off nor posted.. Will make a bigger effort once thing settle down at work  :-*

Moleman

benchmark51

Yep, printed,posted and had reply email

Zoe Tooth BSD Entries
To Me
2 Jun

This email is to confirm that your form to display a car at the above event has been received, and your name has been added to the entry list.  Further instructions will be sent out approximately a week before the event, by email.  If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Zoë Tooth

Event & Entries Co-ordinator

Great British Sportscar Day

BMC_2011_badge_URL_300

Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

Moleman

The dead line for this one is running out!

For those who want to go to this please click on the link & fill in & send off the form.
Please put down that you are from B.K.C.C. so they know you will be parking in our club parking spaces.

This is free unless you want to get the chance to drive your car around the circuit then you will have to send a cheque for £14.

You need to do this by 18th July

Please let me know on here when you have sent the form off thanks.

for the form click on this link.  http://gallery.mailchimp.com/89ac6f3dcd17be051ee1fc4c7/files/f6b17e68-ea00-427a-b1f5-7c636f9b2d4b.pdf

Thanks Colin.

Going so far that I know about
moleman
walnut
benchmark51  (depends on motor)  :(
bulldog Bri
pilgrim Anna
Iancider

Moleman

benchmark51

Got all the bumff for this one, today. Looks like I will make it ok as
Ratbag is in a better mood at the moment. :P

Moleman

2014 – Celebrating The Great British Sportscar
I am pleased to enclose below the Final Instructions for the Great British Sportscar Day being held at Castle Combe Circuit on Sunday 27th July 2014.  This document should provide you with all the information you need to know about the event.  Please ensure you have read it before setting out.

To gain admission to the circuit you will need to show the entry permit at the CAMP entrance, otherwise you may be directed to the public parking area.  Additionally you will need to know your entry number from the list of exhibitors. The Gate Marshal will direct you to the parking paddock.  Once parked please make your way to the Strawford Centre to collect your Entry Number, to be displayed forward facing in the front windscreen of your car.

Although you have opted to display your car, if you decide on the day that you would like to take part in the Parade laps we will be very happy for you to join in.  When you come to the Strawford Centre to collect your entry number please speak to one of the signing on officials who will be able to help you.  You will need to pay the track access fee of £14.00 (cash or cheque), and anyone intending to drive on the circuit will also need to show a FULL and valid driving licence, so please remember to bring it with you!  You will then be required to sign on, as will any passengers you may wish to take around the circuit with you.

If you have any other queries before the event please do not hesitate to contact me by forum of PM me.

Any more for this.

paintman

Was going but can't see my engine being back together by then.....sorry. ::) :(

Moleman

Going so far that I know about
moleman
walnut
benchmark51 
bulldog Bri
pilgrim Anna
Iancider

So who else is going to this one then? I know there was quite a few to start with but not sure now if you are still going? :)

Can you let me know so I have some idea, Thanks.  ;D

Moleman

I will take it from the response that it's just the 6 of us then.  :(
We can all meet up there as I think we have all been allocated B.K.C.C. parking spaces.  :)

chris61

benchmark51

You can still go Chris, but will have to pay entry (small amount).
From what I can see, we will all be seperated anyway.
Those doing parade laps and those not.

Or you can phone them and get a number, I have a permit and can print one for you.

Contacts In the event of any difficulty on the day, please contact Mark Tooth 07797 416775 or Zoë Tooth 07459 383234

Moleman

Dave we should have our own club parking so tell them your from B.K.C.C. & we all should be together.

WALNUT

Out of the 16 on the list 5 turned up  on the club stand, and Dixie, and Tony were with the Cob. Club Which I thought was very good for our Club.

Dixie

I never put our names down Tony with BKCC.

We were always going to go with the Cob club.

Moleman

That's not very good turnout. I didn't think we were going to get many due to the response I was getting.  :( I ended up not being fit to drive today so I had to give it a miss. Self inflicted though my neighbours fault they wouldn't stop partying until 4 am.  ::)

WALNUT

Dixie, if you scroll back to page one you will find your name.