AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Club Xmas meal Sun 8th Dec - 1pm - Riverside.

Started by Moleman, 06, September, 2013, 08:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

EVERYONE IS PAID UP! 8) 8) 8) 8)

There will be 31 of us for the meal.  ;D

I will see who would like to go in convoy from queens square & who will meet us at the pub next week when we have a better ideal of what the weather is doing.  ;D

bluehornetrider

I up for meeting at queens square, it's been along time since I was last at the riverside is the road down ok? I seems to scrape my car on bad speed bumps.

Iancider

BlueHornetRider you make a very good point.  Last time we met at the Riverside, the speed-humps were more like tank traps.  Large pipeworks were going in and the road was SERIOUSLY closed teasingly close to the Riverside.  I would speculate it is still best to come in from the Corston (Bath) end and avoid having to do the humps twice like I did when I had to turn back.  I'm coming in a tatty tin-top so I wont be too bothered.  I AM bothered about still not having an IVA appointment yet - I NEED to worry about spped bumps VERY SOON!  >:(

Moleman

I've always come in from the Bath end like Ian says. I didn't even know there was speed bumps by the river? ??? :D

Bulldog Bri

At the moment, the bath end of that road has a 'Road Closed' sign not sure how far down the road it is closed. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if it changes.

8)

Moleman

I will be there over the weekend to pay for the meal so i will see what it's like.  ::) :D

Moleman

I will be there on thursday before heading out to the lockkeeper for our club meet, so I will let you guys know what the roads are like on friday.

There is queens quare meet in the morning if you want to go to that first?

Just make sure your there by 12.15 please. ;D

Moleman

There has been a mess up! They gave me the weekday menu prices! :o

But they were really good & will let it go so our meals will be alot cheaper than anyone else that day guys!   8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

'The Gaffer'

fullpint

lets hope they don't cut back on the size of the meal  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nice work Colin. Hope you are not driving on Sunday cause you may end up with a few drinks to say thank-you.. :D

benchmark51

your gonna get a bacon butty and a mug of cocoa, 1 cracker between 2. yo-ho-ho ;D

fullpint

Bacon butty!! Yummy, love they.. Cuppa tea for me tho.. :D

WALNUT

Has anyone found out about the road leading to the riverside. can we reach it fom both ends, or not

Bulldog Bri

I think it's now open from both ends as the closed sign has gone ;D

8)

Moleman

It looked ok last thursday Tony.  :)

See you all there tomorrow. 8)

fullpint

Getting hungry,, do I have a fry-up to see me thru till 1pm? ;D

fullpint

GREAT turn out.. Good food and excellent company. Looking forward to seeing some photos..
Again thanks to Colin for seeing this thru from start to finish.. 8)

robp

Great to see everyone today.  Lovely meal and, again, thanks to Colin for organising it.  It must have been the biggest turn out of members I can remember.

Please, please, can someone post a photo of Santa's main course.  It was casting a shadow it was so tall!   ;D :P

Hairy Santa

Brill day  - Queens Square to start with then out to Saltford for the main event

Great food (oh ye) and great company, all thank to Colin - cheers mate and thanks

Whens the next one ?

Moleman

It was a really good day.  I forgot to take any pictures this time so it will be great to see what people have taken.

Thankyou to everyone for turning up & making this happen. It was my plesure in organizing this especially when we get such a good turn out.  8)

Yes Pete There will be others & hopefully with as big a turnout as this.  ;D

Sumov8

What can I say other than to congratulate Colin  "WELL DONE"  excellent event and well turned out,
this could be the start of something new for the New Year, also glad to see that Santa never let the side down
despite being refused a breakfast at the bar he made up for it in the restaurant.  :P

Happy Christmas to one and All and have a great New Year

WALNUT

Cant say anymore than already been said. Thanks Colin

dave_bence

What an enjoyable event ;D

Big thanks to Colin for organising it 8)

Nice to see some new faces and several "other halves" too.

Iancider

Christmas meal,

We all had a lovely time and all thanks to Colin - the event went perfectly.  Great food great location and excellent company.  A great way to close the year and to look forward to an even better year to come.

Here are some pics:

And this is what Santa has to do before he delivers all of those lovely Christmas Presents :o ;D

Bulldog Bri

Brill day Colin, thanks loads for organising it.

Here are our pic's from the day

Soz, didn't see Santa's towering meal.
8)

'The Gaffer'

As above, great to see everyone today, looks like everybody had a great time.

So, here's what you've all been waiting for... Man Vs Food or should it be Santa Vs Carvery :o

Its the biggest one I have ever seen...

And just another group shot.

Heres to next years!!

Moleman

Moleman

I was watching Pete carefully load up his plate right where that photo was taken. It was like watching a master at work the way he made sure he didn't drop anything.  8)

What really made me laugh was when Colin (Yzfmini) who was only 2 spaces behind Hairy Santa, looked up & when he noticed his plate pulled the most funny shocked look! then instantly followed by a few chuckles at what he saw, should have been captured on film.  :P 

YellaBelly

All been said really, good company, good food and thanks Colin. Merry Xmas to all and Happy New Year :D

Daley Down Under

Great to see some pics - glad you all had a fun time.

PS: was that Pete's first plateful?

Hairy Santa

did anyone see the lady who was getting her dinner just before we were all served

ye mine was a tad on the large side but her's was not a lot smaller - I wonder if she managed to eat it

I still feel full up  ;D

good time was had by all I think

fullpint

:o How do you do it Pete!! That would do me in for a week. I would still be sat at the table now  ;D ;D

Krazyken

Hairy Santa's Eureka moment!!!!! Has Pete finally discovered (and copied) how the Egyptians built the pyramids?

Pilgrim Anna

Great food. Excellent company! Hope we return next year! Great success :D

Iancider

That plate and beard reminded me of something...

Expect visitors very soon!

'The Gaffer'

Haha, that is quite a resemblance ;D Brought back a memory or two.