News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Exeter Kit car show

Started by Dixie, 05, September, 2009, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Dixie

Is anyone intending to go to the Exeter show?

The Great Western Kit & Car Builder Show 2009 takes place at Westpoint, Exeter on Saturday and Sunday November 21st and 22nd

Opening times are 10am to 5pm daily, Adults £10 children 12 years and under £2.

Kit Car Drivers with their cars enter free!

Opening times are 10am to 5pm daily, Adults £10 children 12 years and under £2.

Full details here

www.car-shows.co.uk/exeterkit.htm

Richard

Absolutely Yes I am intending to go, and now back from hol, catching up on chores and going to crack on with that build after next bit of work away. Car gone a bit lonely in the garage !

pedro

Virtually the last of the season and the last two years have dry(ish) which let me take the car and get free entry. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday in Nov (don't tell the wife!)

Bulldog Bri

I intend to go down for the day, though the Bulldog will be off the road by then for the winter.

Will see you all down there.

8)

Dixie

Quote from: bulldog bri on 05, September, 2009, 03:52:28 PM
I intend to go down for the day, though the Bulldog will be off the road by then for the winter.

Will see you all down there.

8)
Hi Bri.

Why do you take it off the road?  Santa and me used our sheds all year round.  Cheddar in the ice makes your ass twich!!!! ;D

Bulldog Bri

I got the Dog at the beginning of the Kit show season and have used it as it came. I put 6 months Tax on it and have always planned to make the car more mine when the tax runs out. ie, new carpets new dash, poss respray and so on.

Unfortunatly the Exeter Show is just outside that time period form Stoneleigh. If it was just the last weekend in Oct, then more people would bring their cars as I'm sure loads of people only tax for the summer months. I guess if the orginnisers of the Exeter Show thought about that they would have a much bigger show on their hands as more people would bring their cars down to it. (moan over  ;D )

8)

'The Gaffer'

I will be there and will make it a club calendar event soon.

I will tax mine all year round. A lovely sunny crisp morning is great for a blat.

'The Gaffer'

Now a Bristol Kit Car Club Calendar event...

Maybe some members will be going with other clubs, but let us know so maybe we can convoy down.

Anyone else coming along?

Time to start a list.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq

David H

Cob68

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 06, September, 2009, 12:12:58 AM

Maybe some members will be going with other clubs, but let us know so maybe we can convoy down.

Time to start a list.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
David H
TSearle

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 06, September, 2009, 09:46:26 PM

Time to start a list.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
David H
TSearle

Hairysanta is coming on his push bike, unless he decides to sell that off cheap.

Hairy Santa

Mark - I have already sold that -- I was hoping to scronge a ride with you -- thats if your car can cope with the extra weight  ;)

Mark
Quote from: Dixie on 07, September, 2009, 04:33:26 PM

Time to start a list.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
David H
TSearle

Hairysanta is coming on his push bike, unless he decides to sell that off cheap.

Speedy J

I hope to be there with G & Toniq

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 07, September, 2009, 05:18:32 PM
Mark - I have already sold that -- I was hoping to scronge a ride with you -- thats if your car can cope with the extra weight  ;)

Mark

Time to start a list.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
Speedy J
David H
TSearle
Hairy Santa (Riding Shotgun?)

dave_bence

Quote from: G & Toniq on 07, September, 2009, 10:54:57 PM

Mark

Time to start a list.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
Speedy J
David H
TSearle
dave_bence (trailering the car, spare seat in tow van available)

reluctant

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dave_bence on 08, September, 2009, 03:05:05 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 07, September, 2009, 10:54:57 PM

Mark

Time to start a list.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
Speedy J
David H
TSearle
reluctant

Bulldog Bri

If anyone knows of a spare car trailer not being used that weekend I'll bring my Locost down for ride, as the Bulldog will probably be in bits by then :)

8)

hoobahole

Seeing as quite a few of us will be going - any chance of a club stand?

I have no idea about what's involved and am pretty much thinking out loud (as much as possible when typing), but it's about as close as you are going to get.

Roger

'The Gaffer'

I could be up for this if there is enough interest.

Could be a good opportunity to enlist new members.

What do you think folks?

Bulldog Bri

Think I've written before, at the Exeter show there isn't really a club area just a large parking area for those who bring their cars can show them. Saying that though I did notice that some do try to occupy a certian area of this and call it a club stand. So as long as we all try and get there about the same time or a few could get there early enough to commondier part of this that could be as good as we would be likely to get.

I'm going to aim to bring the Locost down via trailer as the Bulldog will probably be in bits by then, I've got the banner to hang up as well.

8)

pedro

The weather will be the killer as cars will be in the open. I've been lucky the last two years but....... I could get a graphic board done with the name, contact details and some piccys on if anybodies interested. Perhaps a screen shot of the site and something from previous meets. Nothing grand - A0 size perhaps?

Richard

The Apple guys are doing something I'm sure, perhaps if they need a numbers boost we could be neighbourly. We'll end up chatting down there anyway, always good to them and their machinery.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 16, September, 2009, 08:50:11 PM
The Apple guys are doing something I'm sure, perhaps if they need a numbers boost we could be neighbourly. We'll end up chatting down there anyway, always good to them and their machinery.

Might be possible to get adjoining plots, I will call the organisers and see what their take is on club stands. Seems odd they havent thought about it  :(

Pedro, great idea, how much wil it cost and what do you need?

I have mereged threads from the previous one and have moved the interested list forward too.

Are the people below interested in a club stand or just to attend the show?

I am guessing for one day only as well.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
Speedy J
David H
TSearle
reluctant

Please add to list using quote reply if you are interested in a club stand or delete your name if you are just attending the show.

Bulldog Bri

Personaly I'm up for trying to grab an area and call it a club site. I can do either day at the mo but would prefer Saturday  ;)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 16, September, 2009, 10:38:10 PM
Personaly I'm up for trying to grab an area and call it a club site. I can do either day at the mo but would prefer Saturday  ;)

8)

Ok, I had a word with the organiser today and as Bri says there is no alocation of club sites outside, the reason is that because the event is so weather dependant the sites could remain empty or part filled and the prior setting up of the car park would be a waste of time. His recommendation was to turn up early together, as mentioned before somewhere, and reserve a space.

If we want a stand inside the show, we can have one, but it's for only one car and would mean the owner and other members would have to represent the club all weekend. The car would also have to remain inside for the weekend.
If anyone is interested in doing that, let me know.

Bulldog Bri

Here's the idea for what we need to do.  ;D If we/some of us try to get down there for the start of the day down there (9:00ish) and occupy the area I've indicated we should still be able to get other cars in and out as needed when they turn up, though the earlier people can get there the better for us.
A few reasons I've chosen this end is that if any cars have been traliered down there is somewhere close by to leave the trailer and towing vehicle, the Westfield experiance is at the other end of this level and can get nosiy and small stones do get kicked up from there. And the Cobras normaly get a space down that end  ;)

What do you guys reckon

8)

'The Gaffer'

Looks good to me Bri.

Early Saturday it is then.

pedro

Should we have a good weather/bad weather plan?
Re the board. I will have a word but I should be able to get it as a homer. I will work up some ideas.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: pedro on 20, September, 2009, 09:36:41 PM
Should we have a good weather/bad weather plan?
Re the board. I will have a word but I should be able to get it as a homer. I will work up some ideas.

Cheers pedro. A board would be great.

As far as weather plans, my only suggestion at this stage is to still meet up in tin tops should it me raining or snowing or minus 20 and still attempt to make a club day of it?.

Bulldog Bri

Well I plan to take my 7 down on a tralier and have a sheet of something in the tow car to throw over if the weather turns for the worst.

8)

Jamie c

Hi,
Count me in, I was going  on my own it will be nice to have company.
If you haven`t been before, it`s not that big but it`s great to have something a bit more local to go to.
I will be going in my Tiger- if it`s not raining-I know, I`m a whip.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 16, September, 2009, 10:33:09 PM
Quote from: Richard on 16, September, 2009, 08:50:11 PM

Might be possible to get adjoining plots,

I have mereged threads from the previous one and have moved the interested list forward too.

Are the people below interested in a club stand or just to attend the show?

List for Saturday.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
Speedy J
David H
TSearle
reluctant
Jamie c

Please add to list using quote reply if you are interested in a club stand or delete your name if you are just attending the show.

reluctant

Im going down for the 2 days, my Pilgrim is on the M Tek stand. How about getting some club stickers for the motors, Im sure eveyone wont mind spending a few coppers for a sticker or two!!

Martin.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: reluctant on 25, September, 2009, 09:32:26 PM
Im going down for the 2 days, my Pilgrim is on the M Tek stand. How about getting some club stickers for the motors, Im sure eveyone wont mind spending a few coppers for a sticker or two!!

Martin.

I think we have a graphic board with club details kindly supplied by Pedro, we also have plenty of club cards to hand out, but I'm all up for more suggestions. What type of stickers do you mean Martin?

Krazyken

I will be there as well but being a wimp will be going in the tin top and will probably be helping out on the Marlin stand.  Please feel free to stop by and say hello.

Mark G

List for Saturday.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
Speedy J
David H
TSearle
reluctant
Jamie c
Mark G

I've added my name to the list.
Good weather plan, take the Indy.
Bad weather plan, take the tin top.
I'll be up for a convoy either way.

Dixie

Quote from: Mark G on 21, October, 2009, 11:07:37 PM
List for Saturday.

Dixie
Richard
Pedro
Bulldog Bri
G & Toniq
Speedy J
David H
TSearle
reluctant
Jamie c
Mark G

I've added my name to the list.
Good weather plan, take the Indy.
Bad weather plan, take the tin top.
I'll be up for a convoy either way.

I want to go, but need a seat??  Santa can I ride shotgun in the GT.  Failing that it will be the weekly car.

Thanks Mark

Richard

Not sure how many of us will be going but suspect we'll have a seat free in the tin top, will know more nearer the date.