Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Connectors needed

Started by Hairy Santa, 10, January, 2014, 05:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

well the strip down on the Spectre ready for spraying is going well

but I am stuck for a couple of 4 way electrical connectors or 4 2way ones, spent a couple of hours breaking a Renault yesterday and would you believe it not one found -- so if anyone has any please give me a PM  - I will be at Queens Square Sunday, thanks

Moleman

sorry I can't help mate. Are you changing the colour or keeping it the same?

fullpint

Rocker covers look good Pete.. Where did you get them done  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

Can you post up a pic of the type of connectors you need Pete?

Hairy Santa

gonna change it to Red

I havn't got a picture Phil, but I have had to cut the wires going to the rear light to enable me to lift the clam shell off, it is standard  wiring  so any type of connector as they use on cars would do as I would prefer not to just solder them back together

I normally have a couple lying around but did use quite a few on the Dax when Colin and I sorted that one

'The Gaffer'

How about some simple male/female crimp connectors? Preferably soldered as well?

Hairy Santa

ye thought of that but - a thought it would look naff - b prefer them to be in insulated block for more protection  - if you follow

just have to keep looking for anyone breaking a car I think, that's where I normally find something

'The Gaffer'

How often are you going to need to disconnect the wires once everything is back in place? If never, how how about some nice solder joints with some neat heat shrink over the cable joints. Never have faulty rusty wet connectors again :)

If regular disconnection then yes I guess a rummage around a scrapper should find you something.

Hairy Santa

Ye probably what I will do if I cant source any connectors, cheers Phil

CompoSimmonite

If you salvage such off a car then you still need new terminals and there can be a large choice of different types. Over the years I've amassed quite a large selection but a planned rewire of my Mahindra has meant I've had to buy even more and eBay worked out cheapest. For rear lights people often use trailer plugs and sockets if they want to make the bodywork removable. The later 13 pin types are very secure / waterproof compared to the traditional UK 7 pin types.

paul h

Sumov8

Pete

I can do either 6 or 15 way, how many do you want? as I have a few 6 way including spades etc but only one 15 way

Will be at the square around 09:30 tomorrow if you need them :)

Hairy Santa

I have to connect 8 wires, so if you could bring down a 6 way I would be grateful as I can prob come up with an odd 2 way

thanks for that mate

Sumov8

No problem Pete I will bring the pack down, see you tomorrow