Prescott Revival

Started by Moleman, 12, February, 2014, 08:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

benchmark51

Probably attend this one, but not doing hill climb. ;D

alastair

Pencil me in please colin.
Im really hoping that the mini will pass its MOT before then and if it does I will be there!

Moleman

Going so far -                        1, Moleman
                                          2, Walnut
                                          3, The Gaffer
                                          4, Bulldog Bri
                                          5, Pilgrim Anna
                                          6, Almondsburyhills
                                          7, Iancider
                                          8, Sumov8
                                          9, Chris61              (doing hill climb )
                                         10, Krazyken           (doing hill climb )
                                         11, Gemini
                                         12, flech_306
                                         13, freedom 1
                                         14, Chrislandy          (doing hill climb )
                                         15, Steve c
                                         16, Bluehornetrider
                                         17, Robp                 (doing hill climb )
                                         18, danwilko
                                         19, Smudge             (doing hill climb )
                                         20, Benchmark51
                                         21, Alastair

Anyone else?
If anyone is interested in having a go? It is £30 for 2 runs for the day

fletch_306

Unfortunately this is going to have to be another one to take my name off due to the decision to change the engine the car will not be ready in time.

Moleman

Thanks for letting me know mate. You are still welcome to come in your normal car if you want too?  :)

danwilko

Hi,
Unfortunately I'm unable to come to this, family gathering now planned for that day
Guess there's always next year

Moleman

OK Dan thanks for letting me know.  :)

Sumov8

Gents I have just been on the Prescott Hill Climb web site and there is a vintage sprint this weekend, the 10th is more of a prossesion and display.

Moleman

I can't do this weekend mate.  :(

alastair

Well, MOT passed! Woohoo!
But, its running lean in places so will need to correct this before I push the engine and make it go bang ???

Moleman

Nice one mate. I have mine tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it will fly through though.  8)

Moleman

Not long now.  Going so far -   1, Moleman
                                          2, Walnut
                                          3, The Gaffer
                                          4, Bulldog Bri
                                          5, Pilgrim Anna
                                          6, Almondsburyhills
                                          7, Iancider
                                          8, Sumov8
                                          9, Chris61              (doing hill climb )
                                         10, Krazyken           (doing hill climb )
                                         11, Gemini
                                         12, freedom 1
                                         13, Chrislandy          (doing hill climb )
                                         14, Steve c
                                         15, Bluehornetrider
                                         16, Robp                 (doing hill climb )
                                         17, Smudge             (doing hill climb )
                                         18, Benchmark51
                                         19, Alastair

Anyone else?
If anyone is interested in having a go? It is £30 for 2 runs for the day

Moleman

OK people this is next Sunday. I would like to know what arrangements you want to do about getting there.

Option 1 =  Meet up with everyone there on the day (we do have a B.K.C.C. parking)

Option 2 = Go up in convoy leaving from The Air Balloon at 8.30 am & just head straight up the A38 to Gloucester then over to Prescott Revival. Which will take about 1 1/2 hours.

Option 3 = will not be able to go now.

So will everyone with there name down for this please let me know which one you will be doing as I have to give them numbers for our reserved parking area. :D

Iancider

I'd be pleased to convoy
Ian

Iainl

Hope it's not to late but could I put my name on the list as well and I'm hoping to take the car up the hill as well if I haven't left it to long and it's dry.

If you decided on a convoy up the A38 I'll join in when you get to stonehouse

Cheers
Iain

Moleman

That should be fine Iainl. You can ring them up to book your hill climb to make sure there is spaces left for it though they do say you can book on the day. Depending on spaces of course.

benchmark51

WALNUT

Willing to join convoy from Air Balloon

robp

Sumov8

Colin  as I am from north Bristol  I will wait in the layby on the A38 just after the Aztec roundabout, as I assume you will come all the way up the A38 and not go on the motorway?  Steve

Moleman

Yes mate we will be going up the A38. :)

steve c

Will join convoy at air balloon I take it is by snow and rock

Moleman

Moleman

OK people this is next Sunday. I would like to know what arrangements you want to do about getting there.

Option 1 =  Meet up with everyone there on the day (we do have a B.K.C.C. parking)

Option 2 = Go up in convoy leaving from The Air Balloon at 8.30 am & just head straight up the A38 to Gloucester then over to Prescott Revival. Which will take about 1 1/2 hours.

Option 3 = will not be able to go now.

So will everyone with there name down for this please let me know which one you will be doing as I have to give them numbers for our reserved parking area. :D

Option 1 = ?

Option 2 = Moleman, Iancider, benchmark51, Walnut, Robp, Steve c, Iainl (meeting us on route)

What about the rest?

Almondsburyhills

Hi Colin, Jags still sick  :(  Will be going up with Steve (sumo)
Hopefully typhoon weather doesn't hit us sunday as forcasted

alastair

Doesnt look like I'll be able to make this now. :( the mini is not fueling correctly and running lean on boost so I have to sort this out before I take it on a longish journey let alone a spirited run up a hill.
Its a real bugger cause there is nothing I would rather do than my first hill climb!
Have a good day guys, ill keep my fingers crossed for good weather for you.

Moleman

Sorry to hear that Alastair. I will do a weather update on Friday To see how bad it may get.  ::) :)

smudge

Hello all  :)
Still up for Sunday although I do have a severe groin strain at the moment (no jokes please, the explanation is mind-numbingly boring) and not meant to do anything strenuous for another 6 weeks, brilliant  :(
Anyway, I didn't intend on using the middle pedal much on the hill-climb and I've been looking forward to it as not got on track yet, the only thing that's concerning me is the weather   :-\
I don't have a roof like alot of you guys so if it's gonna be as bad as they say the Aeon will be nothing more than a mobile skip by the end of the day  :o
I'll keep an eye on the weather, if I go I'll get off the Severn Bridge and meet you guys up on the A38, not sure where though  ;)
Cheers, Damian

robp

Quote from: smudge on 07, August, 2014, 09:56:16 AM

I don't have a roof like alot of you guys ....

Yep, no roof here either (or even a windscreen in my case).  I'll be keeping an eye on the weather forecast.  I'm still holding out hope we'll be OK.  Fingers crossed.

benchmark51

smudge

Ok, I take it all back, we'll have to get a bulk deal on golfing unbrellas  ;D

benchmark51

Got one down Ranjani's, about 3 quid!! Mind you works as a sunshade as well, takes up little room and weighs almost nil. :P

Moleman

I really hope it will be dry as it won't be as good in the rain.  ::)

Bulldog Bri

Still hoping to go to this one but if the weathers gonna be wet then it's not gonna be much fun.

8)

Iancider

Still planning on going - had worse last weekend!

smudge

Does anyone know if helmets are required for doing the hill climb?

Also, just checking the time people are planning to arrive as I thought the gates open at 8.30, but only meeting up to leave at that time means arriving at ten?

benchmark51

It says on their site 'no helmets in cars', although I find that hard to believe. It might be a 'typo'
I thought all motorsport uses helmets, I would take one just in case.

The gates are open at 8.30, but the track opens at 10.

bluehornetrider

Still planning on going and might book a run if there is any spaces once I get there hopefully the hurricane doesn't kill this event.

Iainl

Looking at the weather which is coming and taking into account I have no wet weather gear I won't be joining the convoy, unless the weather men have it wrong and I wake up to blue sky!

I was really looking forward to taking the car up the hill  :(

robp

Quote from: Iainl on 09, August, 2014, 08:10:56 PM
Looking at the weather which is coming and taking into account I have no wet weather gear I won't be joining the convoy, unless the weather men have it wrong and I wake up to blue sky!

I was really looking forward to taking the car up the hill  :(

Me too  :-(