News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

KIT FEST

Started by stuart mills, 26, February, 2014, 04:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

stuart mills

Hi, just heard about the all new KIT FEST, sounds very exciting, it's at Castle Combe on the weekend of the 19th July. I couldn't get any more info but they are announcing it in next months KIT CAR magazine. Just felt I should let you guys know as the show is near your neck of the woods. Regards Stuart

fullpint

8) Sounds good. Being only 5 miles away I reckon I will go to this.

Sumov8

Will  have to keep an eye out for this one, could be a good event if its well supported

Moleman

Thanks for letting us know Stuart.  :D

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club. Thanks for the heads up on this event.

Please feel free to tell us a little about yourself.

Rob Hawkins

KIT FEST is indeed going to be a new show organised by Kit Car magazine and will be held on Saturday 19th July 2014 at Castle Combe race circuit. As Editor of the magazine, I'm organising a promotional photo shoot on Tuesday 11th March at Castle Combe. Is anyone interested in bringing their kit car along to be included in the photographs? We won't be able to blast around the full circuit, but all the photos will be available for free. Please message me if you are interested.

Bulldog Bri

welcome newbies :P

Thanks for the info. Should be able to make this as well. It's on the calendar now.

8)

robp

Looks good.  I'm interested in going to this event.  ;D

Hairy Santa

could be a lot of fun, I'm up for this  ;D

Iainl

Count me in on this one as well, can't say no to something so close
Cheers
Iain

WALNUT

Yes im up for this, and the photo shoot, just let us know what time.

Moleman

Can you tell me how do we book a club stand for this event please?

People who are up for this = 1, Fullpint
                                       2, Sumov8
                                       3, Bulldog Bri
                                       4, Pilgrim Anna
                                       5, Robp
                                       6, Hairy Santa
                                       7, Iainl
                                       8, Walnut

Anyone else?  :)

dave_bence

Sounds like it could be a good new event 8)

Unfortunately, it clashes with the BKCC trip to Snowdonia, which I've already booked and paid.

benchmark51

Sounds interesting, I'll go for this

paintman

Put me down please......should have stopped raining by then! ::) ;D

Iancider

I can't do KitFest due to the Snowdonia trip but could be up for the photo-shoot on Tuesday 11th March

Ian

Rob Hawkins

Thank you to everyone at BKCC for a fantastic response to KIT FEST and the request to help with the promotional photo shoot on Tuesday 11th March. I will be arriving at Castle Combe at around 11.30am. I'm keen to include as many kit cars as possible and will make sure the BKCC is promoted in return for their efforts. I'm also looking for feature cars. Providing you have an interesting story to tell, please call me on 07932 190756 to discuss. 

Moleman

This is just sods law that we got told about this a few days after I finally booked everything up for Snowdonia Zip Line trip.  :D
I'm even away on the 11th March.  ::)
I have been to a few action days at Castle combe but this is the first Kit Car one.  :)

People who are up for this = 1, Fullpint
                                       2, Sumov8
                                       3, Bulldog Bri
                                       4, Pilgrim Anna
                                       5, Robp
                                       6, Hairy Santa
                                       7, Iainl
                                       8, Walnut
                                       9, Benchmark51
                                      10, Paintman

CC Cyclone

fullpint

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 28, February, 2014, 08:03:47 PM
Yep, count me in.
You best not leave your car mate cause I may just borrow it  :D Looking forward to seeing what I missed out on mate..

Rob Hawkins

I will be meeting with the Castle Combe staff on Tuesday 11th March to discuss club stands, so please count the BKCC stand as being booked. I will have more details soon.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the 11th March. Anyone interested in putting their kit car forward for a feature? If so, please email me some details to
editor@kit-cars.com.
Thanks.

SPAXIMUS

Hi Rob,

This takes me back to the old kit kar action days they used to run. For local people we all know how strict the noise limit is at Combe and they do enforce it both static and drive by for those of us with noisy throttle boddies.
For those who are travelling a long way they need to know how strict it is as I am always shocked at how many cars fail and the spend half the day tacking on an extra silencer from Merlin Motorsport who are on site. The last thing you want as an organiser is to have people travel and be unable to get on track.
Steve Hole had a section at one of the normal action days, a couple of years ago and some of the manufacturers could not get their cars under the limit which was a shame as they had travelled from the North for the day.

Just something to watch out for.

Jeff

Iancider

As Colin says - such as shame this clashes with the Snowdonia trip  :( but on a positive note isn't it good that this year there is so much happening and we have to exercise choice.   8)

What we need to do this year is get it in the diary for next year.  :D

Moleman

Ian. I've been getting dates from all the organized event's since January & putting them on as soon as they release them. Not many set dates for the following year until about now so this will happen from time to time. It is a shame though mate.  ::) ;D

CC Cyclone

Quote from: fullpint on 28, February, 2014, 08:32:29 PM
Quote from: CC Cyclone on 28, February, 2014, 08:03:47 PM
Yep, count me in.
You best not leave your car mate cause I may just borrow it  :D Looking forward to seeing what I missed out on mate..

Well there are ups and down to every prospective purchase and having given it a good going over it is clear it was very well built, however there were one or two nasties lurking in some recent work that had been carried out to the wiring and fuel lines which were imminently about to get acquainted with each other so I am glad i gave it a mini strip down before using it in anger.   :o

Having said that it's nearly back in one piece and ready to go.  :D

Sorry for the off topic chat. Back to Kit Fest.....

Moleman

Ok people going so far = 1, Fullpint
                                 2, Sumov8
                                 3, Bulldog Bri
                                 4, Pilgrim Anna
                                 5, Robp
                                 6, Hairy Santa
                                 7, Iainl
                                 8, Walnut
                                 9, Benchmark51
                               10, Paintman
                               11, CC Cyclone

fletch_306

Count me In car will be in one piece again by then.!!!

Camber Dave

I called into 'Combe on Friday and put my name down for a trade stand.

They should be organizing these this week.

See you all there

Dave

Sprint 7

Should be up for this :) :)

chris61

im in! would love to do photos but realistically don't think mine will be on the road until the weekend after :(

Dazzer

What time is everyone looking to meet on the 11th March? I should be able to make it.

Rob Hawkins

I am asking everyone to meet at 11.30am at Castle Combe, but that's mainly because Bulldog Bri needs to get to work. I have the whole afternoon set aside to take photographs, but will be trying to take the group shots around midday. There has been a huge response to my request, so thank you to everyone who has offered to help. It looks like the number of cars attending will exceed double figures, which is fantastic for a group photo shoot.
If you have any concerns or questions about the photo shoot, please email or call me on 07932 190756. See you on Tuesday 11th March.

Bulldog Bri

Have some fun today. A few of us were up at Combe for a photo shoot, for the Kit Car Mag and up coming show. Arrived at around 11:00, Should have fueled up on the way but with just under half a tank, "That should be ok!" (Famous last words) ;) What with all the moving around for different shots and not really wanting to shut the engine off as its being a pain to restart I found that wasn't really quite enough and by the time I left to get to work (A little on the late side as I didn't want to miss out on to much) I was running on nearly empty! :o So I headed back off down the A420 and made to Wick, lord knows what I was running on by then but it did also give me a chance to put the side screens back on as well as fuel up. First thing when I got to work, a hot cuppa, that was a freezing run, but good fun.

Here's a few pics from the day.

8)

benchmark51

Yes, was a bit fridgio today. Found a hot pasty on the way home, that hit the spot!  ;D

Should have said if you were low on fuel Brian, I have a spare can of fuel in the back
of Ratbag. Got a lying fuel gauge!

Bulldog Bri

Did they do much more after I left?

8)

benchmark51

They did individual shots of us following the camera car on circuit and individual front and rear shots in front of the tower. Had us angle parked on the side of the circuit, sort of old le mans style. Took contact details and that was it.

Then they got the strippers and the beer out. Ok, that bit's a porky. So I went home ;D

bluehornetrider

I'm up for this if they let me in.

Rob Hawkins

Thank you to everyone who attended the photo shoot on Tuesday 11th March and for braving the cold weather. A total of 10 cars attended, which was fantastic and most were members of the BKCC. All of the cars photographed will appear in the April issue of Kit Car magazine when we outline exactly what will be included in KitFest, which will be held at Castle Combe on Saturday 19th July.

chris61