Bulldog Bri

Quote from: peterw on 05, May, 2014, 04:37:02 PM
You mean a 45 degree horizontal or is that a 90 degree vertical :: :-\ :-\
My head hurts ???

8)

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 03, May, 2014, 11:54:06 PM
Thanks Dave. Oops I mean Kevin. ;D

Thats alright,Trig'   :D :D Oh, and how's the broom?

Moleman

The broom is doing great kev. I've only changed the handle once & the head 3 times.   :)

benchmark51

That's triffic, don't build 'em like that anymore :D

Pilgrim Anna

Hi Stuart,
                      Welcome to the club. Thanks for info. I plan to come but will have to leave early afternoon around 3 for work. ::)

Dixie

Definitely up for this.

Mark

Moleman

Ok people going to the Kit Fest on 19th July at Castle Combe.
                                 1, Fullpint
                                 2, Sumov8
                                 3, Bulldog Bri
                                 4, Pilgrim Anna
                                 5, Robp
                                 6, Hairy Santa
                                 7, Iainl
                                 8, Walnut
                                 9, Benchmark51
                               10, Paintman
                               11, CC Cyclone
                               12, Bluehornetrider
                               13, Chris61
                               14, Fletch_306
                               15, Sprint7
                               16, Dixie
                               17, Camber Dave   (Trade Stand)
                               18, Jagodo
                               19, Big red
                               20, Peterw
                               21, Mendip Wurzel
                               22, Dixie
                                Anyone else?  :)

Bulldog Bri

We should have our stand as near to Camber Dave's trade stand. Then we can help with recommendations of his work. ;)

8)

Pilgrim Anna

Don't know what time we are meeting up but we wont be able to get there till midday, leave around 3.  8)

Bulldog Bri

Could have a Bulldog coming up from Plymouth to join us, make him welcome as he's probably joining in on the Cornwall trip as well ;D

8)

Moleman

The more the better mate.  :)

CC Cyclone

Camber Dave

Beat Me to it

Lets hope Castle Combe and Kit Car Mag manage to get something arranged for next year.

Bulldog Bri

Gutted :'( I Was really looking forward to this one. :'(

8)

Pilgrim Anna

Its disappointing after you and others made the effort to go up for that photo shoot. I wouldn't bother next year!! >:(

Iancider

Wow!

I thought that was going to be a stonking event and massively supported.   ???

Still every cloud has a silver lining.  Anybody at a loose-end can join us in Snowdonia and watch some silly people scare themselves witless on Europes longest zip-wire!!!   Yehhh.  8)

Ian

peterw

I was looking forward to this as well, I was hoping to get to it at least one event this year without breaking down !!!!!

CC Cyclone

It seems stuart mills has decided to host his own show that day called kit fest now. Some details on pistonheads but it sounds as though it will be more if a trek for us than cattle Combe was. Still, I'm up for it.

paul

QuoteStuart Mills said: on Pistonheads
Thank you, that is very generous of you, bad news though, I understand the new location for KIT FEST will require kit car drivers to pay £2 to get in! Sorry, it just has to be, can't provide toilets, cut the grass to display on, security, gate staff etc without running up costs, trust you understand. It is about 50 miles from Mansfield so that will save some of us money in fuel but cost others more I guess. New site to be published in a day or so with all the info, www.kitfest.co.uk

50 miles from Mansfield...my bet is back to Curborough and expanding on this, which was the original plan before the date clash with kitfest;
http://www.totalkitcar.com/2014/01/23/4890/

Someone on Pistonheads suggested it might be Blyton, it's not Javelin have a 2 day event with Toyota.
There are no weekend dates at Blyton until November..

Moleman

That is a shame. I'm surprised Stuart hasn't told us yet. I hope he can get something sorted soon for everyone. I guess it will depend on where it will be for most of us now.  :(   

Good luck with this Stuart.   :)

Paul is that you on the far right at the back of the first photo on the link? If so I see your a passenger this time.  :D

benchmark51

What a let down, after all the effort people put in for the photoshoot.
Unless they can find organisers that have the balls to actually do what they say
then we will never know if it will be a success or not
I suspect something else involved here, the 'weak kneed' excuse isn't good enough.

CC Cyclone

So MEVFEST not kitfest then. Can't be bothered to drive to Curborough to a 'kit car' event that only lets MEV cars use the track.

Jagodo

That is very disappointing. Maybe it was just too little notice as it is in the holiday season, even if it is before the schools break up, but many people book a long time in advance. Pity.

paul

Well the website is up .... www.kitfest.co.uk

and yes, that's me hiding in the top right Colin..

Moleman

Paul thanks for letting us know mate. I'm heading up through Wales to Snowdon with a few other guys that day So I can't make it. Not sure you will get a lot of our guys go that far to be honest.
For the one's that do go will they be able to drive on the track if they wish?  :)

Self Made Man

Real shame to hear its canceled, especially if its down to lack of interest with the 20+ people going from here . . .

I was planning on meeting everyone at the event too, but now just looks like I'm going to have to be brave and face you all at the pub ;)

peterw

We're not that bad .....Honest ;D

Pilgrim Anna

Well were all a bit nutty but great bunch of people LOL :P ;)

paul

Quote from: Moleman on 11, June, 2014, 09:19:28 PM
For the one's that do go will they be able to drive on the track if they wish?  :)

Update on this : 1st priority is being given to MEV Owners for the track until the 1st July.
Remaining spaces will be offered to other kit drivers after this date..

Regards,
Paul

Moleman

OK mate. I do understand if you MEV guys don't want Westy's overtaking you.  :P

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 19, June, 2014, 09:05:14 PM
OK mate. I do understand if you MEV guys don't want Westy's overtaking you.  :P

Yeah, and they'll probably limit any other cars to using 3 spark plugs. Just to even things up.

I notice that Kitcar mag, June issue is still pushing kitfest at Castle Coombe.

Sprint 7

Castle Combe was really too easy wasn't it .Ah well them that feel the need to have fun on the track will I'm sure continue to do so and the rest of us will I'm sure have a laugh and a bit of fun at other events. I always found Kit Car magazine bods too far up their own arses anyway when I've approached them at shows and they just fill the mag with repeat articles,so I guess this little performance of re- negging  just shows their true colours. Best to give any repeat a wide berth. >:( >:(

Moleman

Thanks anyway Paul. I don't think most guys will head up that far anyway.  :)

Just in case anyone has not realised this one has been cancelled! :(

Bulldog Bri

Would have been a bit of a wash out anyway now ;D

8)

Moleman

It would have been very poor turnout with that weather on Saturday.  :(

paul

Washout or not the MEV owners were out..

This is Bob removing some of the puddles for the rest of us!

robp

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 19, July, 2014, 11:08:54 AM
Would have been a bit of a wash out anyway now ;D

I went up to Combe on Saturday as there was a trackday to replace the Kitfest. 

The track was closed for a while as there was standing water on the circuit.  However, they soon let the brave out on track. 

I thought I'd go and watch the action up at Quarry.  It started raining again so I put my umbrella up.  I could hear this strange buzzing noise(?).  Then I noticed sparks jumping across the metal rods in my umbrella!!!  :o   There must have been a current induced in it from the power lines overhead.  My umbrella has a wooden handle but when I touched the metal above it I got a shock!  It was all a bit of a laugh.  However, then the thunder and lightning started.  It was then I decided to leave and get back in the car!!  :D

I was thinking it might be safer standing under power lines during a thunder storm as the lightning would strike them, not me.  However, I wasn't going to hang around and find out!!  :D

benchmark51

Ahh, I love it! See sparks in your brolly and you touch it?  ;D ;D
I bet you touch paint to see if it's dry don't you? lol