News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Finally moved!

Started by YellaBelly, 17, March, 2014, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Well, after much stress and the Discovery popping a head gasket the day before removals!! We finally made it to Cornwall.

I never want to move again!!!! But it was all worth it when the first 4 days were glorius sunshine 8) 8) Just wish I still had the old girl to pootle around the back lanes in :( but I'm sure she's being spoilt :)

Getting to know the area a little and it's suprising how much more organised things are down here than in Wiltshire. We are getting BT Infinity tomorrow, an even the standard broadband is around 30% faster than we could get in Burton, and they collect the rubbish EVERY WEEK!

Hope all are well, and I am looking forward to catching up with all the club news now I've a little more time in the evenings instead of unpacking damn boxes! ;)

JB

'The Gaffer'

Welcome back JB, nice to have you around :)

I hate moving too.

YellaBelly

And I forgot to say a BIG thanks you for all your good wishes, and as already said, it's not that far for a good run out ;)

Thanks again guys from Jan and me, it means a lot and shows just what a cracking club this is  8) ;D ;D

Moleman

Good to hear mate. At least you can unpack at your leisure.  :D

Iancider

Well done JB and Jan,

Its behind you now and we hope you have a great life down there - AND YOU WILL!!!! 

Just to give you a taster there is a must do REAL Pasty shops just a few miles away just off the A388 -
Bakers Hatt
Greendale
Ellbridge Lane
Hatt
PL12 6PU

"Proper Job" pasties.  They will probably sell you a Kernow flag and make you an honorary citizen of Cornwall.  Then you'll be needing to wash that down with some fine Cornish Ale so see this link. http://boakandbailey.com/2013/03/top-ten-cornish-beers-2013/

Darn it I'm envious now!!!

See you in September if not before.

chris61

Good news that you're in! Word of warning, stay away from Cornish rattler unless you want to lose a weeks worth of memory!

YellaBelly

Quote from: Iancider on 17, March, 2014, 09:44:29 PM
Well done JB and Jan,

Its behind you now and we hope you have a great life down there - AND YOU WILL!!!! 

Just to give you a taster there is a must do REAL Pasty shops just a few miles away just off the A388 -
Bakers Hatt
Greendale
Ellbridge Lane
Hatt
PL12 6PU

"Proper Job" pasties.  They will probably sell you a Kernow flag and make you an honorary citizen of Cornwall.  Then you'll be needing to wash that down with some fine Cornish Ale so see this link. http://boakandbailey.com/2013/03/top-ten-cornish-beers-2013/

Darn it I'm envious now!!!

See you in September if not before.

Yep, Jan has been there several times when she lived in Plymouth. Looks like I might have to pay them a visit ;)

YellaBelly

Quote from: chris61 on 17, March, 2014, 10:00:11 PM
Good news that you're in! Word of warning, stay away from Cornish rattler unless you want to lose a weeks worth of memory!

Thanks for the heads-up Chris, warning duly noted ;) :D

garry h

Glad to hear you both settling in ok hope sun keeps on shining :)

Bulldog Bri

Good news John pleased there wasn't any serious problems with the move.

Now your in, there's no more excuses, you better get on with Jan's Midget.

8)

Daley Down Under

Great news JB - enjoy the new surroundings.

Cheers Adrian