News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queens Square meet 8th February

Started by Moleman, 29, January, 2015, 09:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

As Ian has said

We are now supporting the Avenue Driver's Club in their efforts to sustain this magnificent free public event and thanks to all who have signed up (for free)  If you haven't follow this link to do so.

http://www.avenuedriversclub.co.uk/joinus.html

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

So this is a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it?  8)

Moleman

Is there anyone up for this?  :)

I started mine for the first time this year today & it started first time 8) Feeling chuffed about this I started looking for my slight oil leak which I managed to find & turns out to be an easy fix as it happens. So one thing led to another & I ended up starting the oil change I have been meaning to do so as I have to drain the oil to fix the leak anyway.
So hopefully I will finish it all tomorrow after all the stuff I need to do for Saturday & give it a test run to Queens Square.
Though I might head down there slightly later if it's a frosty morning.  ;D

sanzomat

I'll decide in the morning. Wife had to work today so no lie in today so tomorrow's lie in may be hard to resist! Good excuse to get the car out though!

Has everyone seen the ADC flikr site - I had a scroll through. They have photos going right back to the first ones.

I see there is a great looking yellow GTM Rossa in the BKCC area about a year ago - you still around?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theavenuedriversclub/

Iancider

Thanks for that Sanzomat - I hadn't seen that before.

Ian

Moleman

Did any one make it? Got mine all sorted but not until about 11 this morning. Took it out & everything is running ok.  8)

Iancider

Yep, loads made it and apart from being cold it was one of the best turn-outs I had ever seen.  All the best spots had gone by 08:30!

Feedback from the Avenue Drivers Club:  Hundreds of people have joined and the turnout today showed just how much it appeals.

regards
Ian

Bulldog Bri

Yeah, me and Anna made down to the square in my car only for the morning. As Ian said every possible parking spot was taken, every bit off pavement and any Double yellow had a car on it. :o

Still a few had to start their cars and rev loudly, but did learn that there is really only one person that complains about things going on in the square and she doesn't even live IN the square but outside of it and complains about a lot of other organised events put on as well ???

8)

Bulldog Bri

Here's a great use of a spare V8, just add wheels and a seat :o

8)

benchmark51

Looks a nice little project. Whats next, nuclear powered toothbrush? ;D ;D