News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Ian Hutchinson Isle of Man TT

Started by sanzomat, 10, June, 2015, 10:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanzomat

I've just been catching up on recordings of the last couple of days at the TT. Ian Hutchinson is having a great week - 3 TT wins out of four races so far. Can hardly wait for the senior race on Friday. Amazing seeing as its taken him five years to recover from nearly losing his left leg at Silverstone. He's had to have the bikes adapted to change gear with the right as the left still isn't up to gear changing and he's just won three TT's in a row.

'The Gaffer'

You've got to respect anyone who does the TT at speed. Balls of steel :o

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 10, June, 2015, 10:14:21 PM
You've got to respect anyone who does the TT at speed. Balls of steel :o

Or a screw loose!!!!  :o  Going to and from the Allington Farm event via Burton, Castle Combe, Yatton Keynell etc last weekend was hairy enough and I was doing nowhere near the speeds those guys do (honest officer!).

Fantastic to watch the on-board camera shots they show on the TT though isn't it!!? Frighteningly fast, it looks speeded up it's so darned quick!!

I do wonder how a high powered kit car would fare around the course? People say 4 wheels is faster round bends than 2 but I can't see any car getting around that course as fast somehow, can you? Bit bumpy for an F1 car I would think. Maybe a works rally car would do well?

One of you out there is bound to know I'm sure!!

Moleman

It would be good to do the TT in the westy.  8)

Lucky Ed

I think Mark Higgins still holds the record. Last year he set a lap of 19m 26s in a works WRC Subaru, which sounds fast until you realise Bruce Ansties fastest lap was 2m 20s faster :o

Iancider

QuoteIt would be good to do the TT in the westy.  8)

Well there's an idea for next year then!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 11, June, 2015, 07:14:36 PM
It would be good to do the TT in the westy.  8)
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!  :D

All you gotta do is bribe them enough to shut the roads for you for half an hour Colin!

Can't cost that much!!!

If I win the Euro tonight, as a belated birthday gift to you I will sort that wish out for you mate!

Moleman

If you win make it a club outing.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Didn't get a single flippin' number!!! Sorry Col.  :(

SPAXIMUS

There is a couple of things about the IOM TT. It seems to polarise, those who want it banned and those who celebrate freedom and the need for men and some women, to feel fear and excitement.
But with Hutchie, he has shown the human spirit, to overcome an injury so bad that his leg was held on by the skin, to design modifications to ride a bike and to do so with such humility not celebrating his victory, but the skill of those who put him back together, helped him rebuild his life and build him a machine to win.

To me he showed the best of us unlike the shallow celebrity half wits many seem to idolise.

As for the course, yes I keep planning to go there as it is still a place with great roads, no speed limits out of town and a willingness to allow people to do things that might hurt them.

Facial Hair Optional

sanzomat

Nicely put.

Great to see John McGuiness winning the senior to show he still has it too. By all accounts a really nice bloke too. Will he go on to beat Joey Dunlop's win record? Only 3 more now!