News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

got a roof!

Started by benchmark51, 27, June, 2015, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Ratbag got a roof! Got more to do yet, but is usable and stays on at 69+ mph. Doesn't flap about at all and I hear more of the car and less windrush. I'm after a interior mirror if anyone has one spare also need to 'fab up some wipers too. Waiting for some rain now. ??? ;D

Bulldog Bri

Moleman

Lucky Ed

Great looking job. It'll be handy as a shade in next weeks heatwave ;D

benchmark51

Did  that today and it was a good sunshade too. Still need to test it in the rain though. Now for side screens.

Iancider

Gary RH7

I like it. The dogs b%$&@"s (pic 3)

Was it off the peg or did you make it yourself?

Gary

benchmark51

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 29, June, 2015, 08:43:01 AM
I like it. The dogs b%$&@"s (pic 3)

Was it off the peg or did you make it yourself?

Gary
I bought it through ebay, from Oxted trimmers. Saw it on the Caterhams at Stoneliegh and liked it. Had to adjust the car to fit though :-X.
The one I got was for the Caterham SV as it is a bit wider. I made it fit higher to aid getting in and out without undoing it.

Like pic 3? How about this one

Gary RH7

LOL nice one.

Thanks for the info on the roof

Badger

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 27, June, 2015, 11:45:55 PM
Still need to test it in the rain though. Waiting for some rain now.

Well you well and truly got your wish!!!  :o

benchmark51

Sure did! Roof worked great but only on the vertical stuff. The gap between the screen frame and scuttle worked like a powerhose straight in the mush. Water off the front tyres found my right armpit and then trickled down my back. My new wiper blades were useless but I had as much water on the inside of the screen and my glasses hence a couple of stops and 2 laps of a roundabout - just couldn't see! Ratbag didn't breakdown though - I think the steel used in the build was a submarine in a previous life.

Have been making a closing panel for the sceenframe/scuttle today and more on the sidescreens too.
Also replaced the wiper blades. :D