News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Final Vulcan flight at Filton Sunday about 2.30pm???????

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 10, October, 2015, 08:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

According to the South West PH forum, which said.................

"The Vulcan is due to do its final flight tomorrow and should be due to fly along runway at Filton about 2.30pm"

Anyone got any more info??

Bulldog Bri

Just downloaded a tracker for my phone, so I can see when it's due at Filton. As I work as the Royal Mail building there I'll be in the car park. If I see anyone by the barrier, in the kit car, I'll try and get you in ;)

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Nice one Bri!
Not sure if I'll be there as have a bit of a special day on, family etc but if I can I will.

Bulldog Bri

Facial Hair Optional

It's looking like if I do get over that way it'll be in a tin top now anyway Bri. I'll head for Bradley Stoke or nearby somewhere. Any idea if it'll come over Yate or nearby?

Bulldog Bri

Doubt it will be over that far. It's coming up the Severn estuary over Filton then on to Cardiff.

8)

Moleman

peterw

Camber Dave

Fabulous pictures today, Peter.

Also Ian and crash test on other threads.

Bulldog Bri

benchmark51

Well done Bri, couldn't have had a better view. I didn't see it at all :(
Mind you it had a bit of smoke there, probably stem seals. ;D

Facial Hair Optional

That was fantastic Bri! It's almost as if someone arranged for it to bank just for you!!! Do you have friends in high places that we don't know about mate??

It was quite interesting listening to the voices in the background too. I had a girlfriend who used to like dipping her wings Bri, mostly in BBQ sauce, it's no wonder she was so big. Her fingers always tasted nice though! ;D

Hairy Santa

Nice one Bri, flew over my house just before didn't get a shot though- bummer

Starboard inner engine, trace of smoke - recon timing is slightly out  ;D

Bulldog Bri

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 12, October, 2015, 12:18:50 PM
Nice one Bri, flew over my house just before didn't get a shot though- bummer

Starboard inner engine, trace of smoke - recon timing is slightly out  ;D
Pete doing his impression of Scotty from Star Trek there! She cannae take anymore Captain!!!

foggy@smr

Was a bit miffed, as they got flight path wrong over the bridges on way to Cardiff out of Filton, so changed route after the Cardiff loop and missed us out completely in the Forest... They flew back up the river  :'( :'(

sanzomat

Thanks for posting that Bri - not quite as good as being there but a good consolation prize. You gotta love the kids reactions too. Awesome!

Iancider

Nice one Bri,

I only got a glimpse because of the re-route - guess the pilot was using Sat Nav!