Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

registering my kit car

Started by pedalb0y, 04, October, 2017, 11:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedalb0y

hi all,

can you offer some advice please, ive got a kit that I have bought it is not got an iva, but has a log book and chassis plate which are not the same as the car,   the gear box in the kit car relates to the log book car, its almost finished but not iva registered,
can i just mot it with the log book and drive it or do i have to iva it, a friend of mine has a spartan and has a ford cortina log book but his was registered before iva

hope you can help

best john

damouk

Firstly, you must IVA and register your car correctly or you will be driving illegally.

So does the logbook relate to the gearbox and suspension parts of your kit but not the engine? if this is the case then you could register the donor car in your name and then change the engine number. after that you will need to take your car for test and then register it. this will give you an age related plate.

If you don't mind your kit being on a Q plate then you can take it for IVA, however you will need receipts e.t.c. for the kit chassis and also parts.

'The Gaffer'

Hi pedalb0y. Welcome to the club.

Good advise there from damouk 8)

pedalb0y

great thanks for that, yes the donor gearbox relates to the log book, but im guessing your saying it has to have a iva regardless