News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Happy New Year .....

Started by fullpint, 01, January, 2018, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

All the very best to you all... Not a lot planned here!! Apart from maybe getting my Cyclone back before the year end...  :P ;D

benchmark51

Happy new year from me too!

Hope you get it sorted soon, preferably before it is MoT exempt  :-\. Have you considered moving to another garage yet? I would be getting seriously cheesed off by now.

fullpint

Not sure they are too blame.. Trouble is it did not go in for a planned engine change!! As you know buying 2nd hand lumps is a risk.. The unknown was the amount of oil leaks to sort. Followed by the smoke so turbo changes.
And the final straw was the gear box letting go after just a few miles. The g-box issue has dragged out a little with the first rebuild ending up with a 5th gear way too short. The company then worked over the Xmas break and finally built me a very good box.. So once it arrives i am hopeful that the garage will fit it ASAP. Im sure they want the Cyclone out of the workshop... :)

benchmark51

I wasn't aware that anyone changed 5th ratio. I always think of 5th as an 'overdrive' gear to reduce rpm at top end and return better economy. Is the Cyclone thirsty?

fullpint

At a guess it was about 20-25mpg.. When they built the first box he reckons 5th gear the engine would have been running about 10,ooo rpm haha..

'The Gaffer'

Hope everybody had a good one. I had flu all over Xmas and New Year >:(

benchmark51

Happy new year to you an' all!!
I had the flu jab 2 years ago and it worked fine. Last year I had the flu jab and a pneumonia one as well and it hit me for 6! This year had just the flu one, OK up to now. Trouble is there's another couple of flavours going around Jap and Aussie. I think before long we will have start wearing spacesuits.