+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Yippeeeeeeeee Its back

Started by fullpint, 17, January, 2018, 12:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Was delivered to my works yesterday in a transporter...
Still yet to pay (when I'm told the amount) the bill from when the gearbox was taken out..
So new box is in. All new track rod ends fitted and rear wheel bearings (front end was done by Chamber Dave in Aug). Drove it home yesterday and all was good. Will get a few gentle miles put on her for the next two weeks before giving it full beans :)

benchmark51

Woohoo!! Just in time to tickle it up to speed for some full chat runs during the improving weather. Hope it delivers loads of (s)miles for you. ;) ;D ;D

fullpint

Cheers mate.. We have missed not being able to use it. With the roof it means we can just get in and drive...

benchmark51

Yep, the roof makes a big difference all right. I've been using the Quantum as a daily runner all year now! Getting used to windows, doors and a roof not to mention an effective heater and CD changer. Mind you it would need a downhill slope to catch a cold so missing Ratbag still :(.

fullpint

I do miss my BEC's... The high reving note of that in-line four running at 10,000+ rpm.. Pops and bangs on throttle off.. But the Cyclone is fairly rapid tho  8)  May be the Quantum needs a bigger power unit to help it along  ;D

benchmark51

Has crossed my mind. Some have zetecs, duratecs, st170's even cossies, but it's the space/workshop issue again. I hear someone is in the midst of a Ford ecoboost too. A bec might be an interesting project.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 19, January, 2018, 08:43:03 AM
I do miss my BEC's... The high reving note of that in-line four running at 10,000+ rpm.. Pops and bangs on throttle off.. But the Cyclone is fairly rapid tho  8)  May be the Quantum needs a bigger power unit to help it along  ;D

I miss the sound of the old Fireblade. Might even get myself a blade bike when it warms up a bit :)

fullpint

Totally agree Phil.. Miss that popping & banging  8)

fullpint

Well its off the road away!! Had an issue with the water temp gauge. Replaced the thermostat!! WHAT A TASK THAT WAS.. Had to remove the cam cover (gave it a refresh tho) and tomorrow refit the cambelt cover and fingers crossed all ready for a test.. AGAIN.. over the past 6 months its cost me the price of the car!!!  :-[

host gif online

benchmark51

Hmm, hope it's nothing more drastic. Did you test the old one, in a pan of water with a thermometer?

What was the problem overheating or underheating?

fullpint

The temp gauge never really worked from day one.. However after the engine/box change all was normal (needle never got out the blue) until two weeks into the running in period.. Needle went up to just below the red mark.. Then after a few miles back down into the blue. Done it a few time so thought I would change the stat.. After all its an easy job?????????????????? ]NOT.. hahaha.
Cam belt cover being painted in a mo then later today I will re-fit it and run her up. If its still a problem then I will change the sensor  :D Which again is a real pain in the butt to get to...

benchmark51

Gauges and senders can be ''touchy'' especially with each other. Fortunately not too expensive to replace. With the engine at one end and the radiator at t'other, maybe an airlock? Do you have a bleed screw at the front?

fullpint

Got a bleed screw at the front. Thing is the gauge needle moved up to near the red as soon as i turned it on???? Im thinking its the wire for the gauge sensor!!!

benchmark51

When you open the bleed screw do you get air coming out? You might have to run it a while with the screw open even if water comes out, so any air can work it's way out. Jacking the front higher might help. Although a completely different set up, Ratbag bled easier with the bleed  being higher.

fullpint

Will give it a go... Mind you last week someone said jack the rear end up hahaha. Done that one so could try the other end at the weekend :)

fullpint

Its back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACK IN THE GARAGE!!!!  :-[ Just not been running right since the transplant.. In fact this so called 272BHP lump is way less power than the old 220bhp lump!! So it was dropped off at Sabre Tuning today. Firstly for an MOT then on the rolling road to sort out the running issues. Ive put more into this car than what it cost me less than a year ago  :'( :'( :'(

benchmark51

What a bummer! Let's hope it just needs tweeking a bit.
Quantum went through the MoT ok, but I had to fork out £40 for a new alternator.

fullpint

Well I am off soon to collect it  8) They said its all been set, running very good at 260bhp and it a little brutal  ;D as its passed its MOT

benchmark51

Triffic!! Let's hope it stays that way now. Fingers crossed for you. :) :)

fullpint

Its been a long old battle and expensive.. But glad to have it back. I am a little concerned about topping up my water!! Three times now since January. Could be an air hopefully..
Going to remove the door cards and centre thingy and get them re-trimmed to match the seats  8)
Also having the windows tinted a little  8)

fullpint

Water issue sorted :) was the top hose on the rad...
Happy to take the Cyclone along to the annual show at Weston this weekend.. Remember going to this years ago with BKCC.. May of been my first meet .. Cracking little show and its free  8)