News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

LED Headlamps

Started by benchmark51, 05, February, 2018, 11:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Bought a pair of LED headlamp 'bulbs' to replace my Halogen H4 bulbs, as I was finding the Quantum headlamps a bit weedy. Followed the fitting instructions and fitted the bulb flange and when I had to fit the bulb itself, I found it had no datum mark and could be fitted in any position. The instruction said '' insert the LED through the flange plate and rotate clockwise 45 degrees''. But starting from where? Anyway I waited till dark and tried rotating the Led's to get a beam pattern, but all you get is a big, bright splodge of light and rotating them doesn't produce a beam pattern. So to check we used a beam setter at the local MoT station and the conclusion was they are ILLEGAL !! I did try a quick go around the block and they were wonderful, lit up everything including the inside of the nostrils of oncoming drivers! lol. So they are going back to the seller.

fullpint

;D  Wire up a set of spot-lights just for high beam and non- MOT day :)

benchmark51

They were dazzling on dipped beam as well as high beam!! switching between the two made very little difference. Sent them back now. Was a very nice white light, just illegal. Apparently anything over 55/60 watt dip/main is naughty. So I am going back to halogen, but with a white colour. Had them before and they are an improvement.

fullpint

Cyclone lights are 10x better than the ones I had on the MK and Toniq..